Marcell Dareus

I think Dareus played tremendously this year, especially because he was out of position. He is built for a 4-3. His numbers and productivity would sky rocket if we switch next year.

Actually, he played a lot of 3-4 DE in college and I think that's a good position for him.

We just have to being in some actual OLB's (and a healthy KW) to play around him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to the previous year's 3rd overall pick and a DT, there is no comparison. McCoy made it through 13 games his first year with 28 tackles and 3 sacks; he's on IR this year.

And compared to a pro bowl player like Ngata: played all 16 games in his first year with 31TT/1S on a very good defense.

Dareus is a stud.

The original statement was regarding elite players, not elite high draft picks.

The original post said the "elite players get picked by crappy teams," the bolded implying we're talking only about the draft. Elite free agents don't get picked, they do the picking.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

My only disappointment is that I think he is playing too heavy(I'd like to see him around 300-310), and the Bills need to scrap this 3-4/hybrid crap, go to a 4-3 with Williams and Dareus at DT, and build from there.

Why would you like to see him play at that weight? He seems pretty fast, strong and agile to me.

Compared to the previous year's 3rd overall pick and a DT, there is no comparison. McCoy made it through 13 games his first year with 28 tackles and 3 sacks; he's on IR this year.

And compared to a pro bowl player like Ngata: played all 16 games in his first year with 31TT/1S on a very good defense.

Dareus is a stud.

Thank you! Hopefully people will see this and realize how well he is playing. I think sometimes people are so used to busts being on this team they assume everyone is. Or you just cant make a Bills fan happy lol. Seriously what more could you expect from this guy?!

Edited by section122

julio jones atlanta falcons

that was easy.

True the exception must invalidate the rule. Atlanta had to give away almost their entire draft to do it but you get a gold star for finding the 1 in 100 exception. So basically, "almost without exception", elite draft picks are picked by crappy teams that earned their high draft pick.

He's not as good as I'd hoped he'd be for how high he was picked.

But he's not bad by any stretch.

I hereby revoke your right to watch football.

What did you expect? Bruce Smith, 1990?

Dareus is a beast and he has no help around him. None. To lead a team in sacks from the NT position has to be almost unheard of (I understand he was DE for the first 8 so it's not precisely a fair comparison).

I think Dareus played tremendously this year, especially because he was out of position. He is built for a 4-3. His numbers and productivity would sky rocket if we switch next year.

If what you say is true, then Alabama was misusing him too. I can't believe no team has caught on to his true strength. /sarcasm

1324406053[/url]' post='2341336']

If what you say is true, then Alabama was misusing him too. I can't believe no team has caught on to his true strength. /sarcasm

So you think Saban should've scrapped his defense for a 4-3? Or should he have benched Dareus because he's a better 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE?

Thank you! Hopefully people will see this and realize how well he is playing. I think sometimes people are so used to busts being on this team they assume everyone is. Or you just cant make a Bills fan happy lol. Seriously what more could you expect from this guy?!

Bills fans are idiots. We run good players out of town every other year and complain about the good talent on the team.

Von Miller. Broncos already are 8-6 and have a realistic shot at 10-6.

Oh, and they'll likely clinch the division.

Cue "they got lucky with Tebow" posts in... 3... 2... 1...

Denver was a bad team which is why they drafted #3 overall this year. With a coaching change, a QB change, a lot of luck and their defense improving they are winning games in one of the weaker divisions in the league. Many teams have turned it around in one year from absolutely terrible for whatever reasons like giving up on the coach, losing vital players making a QB change etc.

Sounds like you already knew that your argument didn't hold water as you already mentioned one of those reasons yourself, Tim Tebow. Just because you state it as a "cue the blah blah blah" doesn't mean that it isn't indeed a legitimate contributing factor to their turning it around.

Edited by PDaDdy

Agree, why the ever decided to move to a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel i'll never understand.

It's because George Edwards and Chan Gailey are "experts". It was one of a series of mistakes to switch to the 3-4 when the personnel was not available to succeed. Kelsay as a linebacker? Seriously?

There is a direct link between bad coaching and bad results. The Bills have an extremely poor defensive coordinator and a very mediocre head coach who doesn't put his players in positions to succeed. They are total failures.

Dareus is the best pick we've had in years, Williams will be good as I believe Hairston will, Sheppard could be good if he progresses which I hope he will, same with Searcy and Rogers. Overall this years draft class blows last years out of the water. If we can have another draft like this, some good moves in F/A, and most importantly stay healthy, we'll make a playoff push next year.

Edited by opfball91

Denver was a bad team which is why they drafted #3 overall this year. With a coaching change, a QB change...

So far, you're making my point for me -- quite brilliantly. Are you saying a team can't improve in the offseason (like -- I don't know -- hiring a good head coach and coaching staff?) In addition to head coach, they hired a new WR coach, new linebackers coach, new special teams coordinator, new secondary coach, and a new OL coach. Again, those guys were in place before the draft and immediately made the Broncos stronger. But according to you, offseason moves mean nothing, so...

...a lot of luck...

There it is! I knew you wouldn't disappoint. All of those come-from-behind Tebow victories were pure luck. DIVINE INTERVENTION! Got it.

Sounds like you already knew that your argument didn't hold water as you already mentioned one of those reasons yourself, Tim Tebow. Just because you state it as a "cue the blah blah blah" doesn't mean that it isn't indeed a legitimate contributing factor to their turning it around.

Nice try. Meh, not really. Newsflash: Tebow was on this team last year, too. I expected "posts" JUST LIKE YOURS because many of you refuse to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for proving my theory.

Now, on the off-chance you aren't as closed minded as you come across, Kyle Orton SUCKED. New coach made a change. Enter Tebow, and good things happened. No-name wide receivers stepped up. The level of play OVERALL is up because of Tebow. The coach made a great move -- knew how to play to Tebow's strengths -- and the team improved. Denver faithful showed up in droves to see him and cheer on the Broncos. Good coaching can do wonders, huh? It appears you need to read stuff twice: The new coaching staff was in place BEFORE the draft. So was Tebow. According to you, last year's record defines the team as "bad." And nothing in the offseason up to the draft means a darn thing? Huh.

Edited by The AntiFin

So far, you're making my point for me -- quite brilliantly. Are you saying a team can't improve in the offseason (like -- I don't know -- hiring a good head coach and coaching staff?) In addition to head coach, they hired a new WR coach, new linebackers coach, new special teams coordinator, new secondary coach, and a new OL coach. Again, those guys were in place before the draft and immediately made the Broncos stronger. But according to you, offseason moves mean nothing, so...

You do know that draft position is based upon last years schedule right?...Just checking. The BAD team that had that record from the previous year DRAFTED in the 3rd spot. If you are looking to quibble over good vs bad at the time of the record vs the draft vs preseason vs early regular season(when they did suck by the way) that is just silly. Don't waste our time.

There it is! I knew you wouldn't disappoint. All of those come-from-behind Tebow victories were pure luck. DIVINE INTERVENTION! Got it.

I think it was you that said divine intervention...clown.

Nice try. Meh, not really. Newsflash: Tebow was on this team last year, too. I expected "posts" JUST LIKE YOURS because many of you refuse to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for proving my theory.

the only thing anyone is proving is that you are putz.

Now, on the off-chance you aren't as closed minded as you come across, Kyle Orton SUCKED. New coach made a change. Enter Tebow, and good things happened. No-name wide receivers stepped up. The level of play OVERALL is up because of Tebow. The coach made a great move -- knew how to play to Tebow's strengths -- and the team improved. Denver faithful showed up in droves to see him and cheer on the Broncos. Good coaching can do wonders, huh? It appears you need to read stuff twice: The new coaching staff was in place BEFORE the draft. So was Tebow. According to you, last year's record defines the team as "bad." And nothing in the offseason up to the draft means a darn thing? Huh.

Not even sure what to say about that load of crap you just spewed. Seriously. I have no idea what your point is. Oh wait. I'll use your tactic. Thank you for proving my point so perfectly. Kyle Orton SUCKED. He sucked for them in 2009 when they earned their #3 overall pick and he AND THE TEAM sucked to start the season. Aces buddy. Thanks for making me look sooo good.

The coaches made a move that was forced by the fans which they were PISSED about and ran Tebow down week after week in post game pressers. Ya they made a great move with intelligence and vision regarding their potential future star at QB. LOL. The fans left your awesome coaching staff no choice. Your coaching staff if they had their way would have made the Broncos a WORSE team.

So how did the coaching staff that was in place before the draft make the 0 - 0 Broncos a better team? Speculate all you want but they didn't produce any results on the field and maintained the status quo until the fans demanded Tebow. If you never heard this before you are what your record says you are. Their record for 2010 was horrible. Their record for the 2011 season which had yet to begin was 0 - 0, undefined.

Have a nice day!

Edited by PDaDdy

All of the rookies from this years draft did OK , i mean it could have been better in some instances but we have done a whole lot worse in recent drafts then we did this year .

And i think when WIlliams is healthy , Merriman is healthy & the emphasis is taken away from Dareus plus the addition of a rookie pass rusher in this years draft you will see him do even better !!!

Now that's what i'm talkin bout :flirt: !!!! GO BILLS !!!!!!