Marcell Dareus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not dissapointed with him. He has 5.5 sacks to his name so far. I think he will only get better

Agreed, he has had a pretty good rookie year without much help up there on the D-Line. One year of experience under his belt, and the return of Kyle Williams next year, Dareus should be a force.

Agreed, he has had a pretty good rookie year without much help up there on the D-Line. One year of experience under his belt, and the return of Kyle Williams next year, Dareus should be a force.

Dont forget about Torell Troupe - he and his back will be back too.

I am not dissapointed with him. He has 5.5 sacks to his name so far. I think he will only get better

The sacks are great and everything, but his play overall has been amazing. He is the only one on our front seven that can consistently blow up the line of scrimmage, and is the ONLY reason we aren't the worst run defense again. To top it off, he is double teamed on virtually every play... The top 5 draft picks this year all looked good, but I don't think the Bills could have done better than Dareus.

He gets lost in Dareus's shadow (literally), but our 2nd pick (practically a first rounder) Aaron Williams is looking like the real deal as well. He strong in every aspect of the game, physical, ball skills, and good coverage instincts. He is everything we wanted McKelvin to be. And our 3rd pick Sheppard, while still having some struggles, is looking promising as well. This is the best draft, at least regarding early picks, that I can remember in a long time...

Dont forget about Torell Troupe - he and his back will be back too.

Troup is awful, before during and after his injuries. He makes John McCargo look like a stud. Troup is clueless, plays with no leverage, and gets blocked into oblivion on every play. He's obviously injury prone to top it off. I know I'm being harsh on the guy, just calling it like I see it.

Luckily we don't need him, KW and Dareus are studs, and Edwards, Carrington, and Heard are all far better than Troup. If healthy, our D-line could be very solid.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I feel bad for the guy. He comes from a college that win, wins and wins more....only to be drafted by a team that rarely ever wins more than it loses. He leaves it all on the field every Sunday and is trying to be the vocal leader on this team. His play is close to stellar, on a defense where he is the only REALLY good player on the front 7 (Kyle wasn't stellar this year due to injury). I hope he doesn't get sick of this and bolt as soon as his contract is up. If he hits the market, I give us a 0% chance of signing a guy of his magnitude.

I feel bad for the guy. He comes from a college that win, wins and wins more....only to be drafted by a team that rarely ever wins more than it loses. He leaves it all on the field every Sunday and is trying to be the vocal leader on this team. His play is close to stellar, on a defense where he is the only REALLY good player on the front 7 (Kyle wasn't stellar this year due to injury). I hope he doesn't get sick of this and bolt as soon as his contract is up. If he hits the market, I give us a 0% chance of signing a guy of his magnitude.

You do realize that all of the elite players get picked by crappy teams, right...? :)

Not "disappointed"? LOL Don't heap all that praise on him at once. The kid is a rookie who has been switched from DE to NT and moved around due to KW going down. 5.5 sacks for a 330+ lb big guy? Pretty damn good I would say. That is without Merriman who was never going to contribute and without our only probowler Kyle Williams. I say A+ .

MD has 38 tackles and 5.5 sacks. By comparison Suh in his rookie year had 49 tackles and 10 sacks playing on a GREAT Detroit defensive line. This year Suh has 33 tackles and 3.0 sacks. Considering Suh's suspension he and Marcell are performing at almost the exact same statistical level with the slight edge to MD who also isn't an idiot drawing penalties and fines.

Hopefully we won't try to run this guy out of town like every other 1st round draft pick we have done it to.

Edited by PDaDdy

My only disappointment is that I think he is playing too heavy(I'd like to see him around 300-310), and the Bills need to scrap this 3-4/hybrid crap, go to a 4-3 with Williams and Dareus at DT, and build from there.

Agree, why the ever decided to move to a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel i'll never understand.

The sacks are great and everything, but his play overall has been amazing. He is the only one on our front seven that can consistently blow up the line of scrimmage, and is the ONLY reason we aren't the worst run defense again. To top it off, he is double teamed on virtually every play... The top 5 draft picks this year all looked good, but I don't think the Bills could have done better than Dareus.

He gets lost in Dareus's shadow (literally), but our 2nd pick (practically a first rounder) Aaron Williams is looking like the real deal as well. He strong in every aspect of the game, physical, ball skills, and good coverage instincts. He is everything we wanted McKelvin to be. And our 3rd pick Sheppard, while still having some struggles, is looking promising as well. This is the best draft, at least regarding early picks, that I can remember in a long time...

Troup is awful, before during and after his injuries. He makes John McCargo look like a stud. Troup is clueless, plays with no leverage, and gets blocked into oblivion on every play. He's obviously injury prone to top it off. I know I'm being harsh on the guy, just calling it like I see it.

Luckily we don't need him, KW and Dareus are studs, and Edwards, Carrington, and Heard are all far better than Troup. If healthy, our D-line could be very solid.

Not "disappointed"? LOL Don't heap all that praise on him at once. The kid is a rookie who has been switched from DE to NT and moved around due to KW going down. 5.5 sacks for a 330+ lb big guy? Pretty damn good I would say. That is without Merriman who was never going to contribute and without our only probowler Kyle Williams. I say A+ .

MD has 38 tackles and 5.5 sacks. By comparison Suh in his rookie year had 49 tackles and 10 sacks playing on a GREAT Detroit defensive line. This year Suh has 33 tackles and 3.0 sacks. Considering Suh's suspension he and Marcell are performing at almost the exact same statistical level with the slight edge to MD who also isn't an idiot drawing penalties and fines.

Hopefully we won't try to run this guy out of town like every other 1st round draft pick we have done it to.

Seriously!

The question should be do you think Dareus had an excellent rookie year or an amazing rookie year.

He played out of this world, and was moved all over the D-Line.

It's hard for a D-Lineman in a 3-4 to get gaudy stats but 5.5 sacks is pretty gaudy for his position. He is double and triple teamed on almost ever down and still makes play consistently.

You do realize that all of the elite players get picked by crappy teams, right...? :)

Thanks for the info.... Much appreciated. Get your facts straight btw. Some elite players get drafted by good teams. Using words like "all", "always" and "never" will "usually" make your statement incorrect.

Edited by NewEra