Sanchez and Flacco have 1 more year

Estelle Getty

Before their respective teams realize they are holding them back. Both teams are dumbing down their offenses for them and they still struggle. Both the jets and ravens would be much better off with about 20 other starting QBs. They have the David Carr(early in his career)effect where there for some reason are long periods of a false sense of improvement created by the media. They are both operating on borrowed time.

While on the subject of QBs on other teams, Phillip Rivers is playing much better now that Antonio Gates and Malcolm Floyd are both back and getting up to speed.

There's been a lot of Rivers bashing on this forum this year but IMO he's an elite QB.

I'd easily rather have Rivers than Flacco or Sanchez.

Before their respective teams realize they are holding them back. Both teams are dumbing down their offenses for them and they still struggle. Both the jets and ravens would be much better off with about 20 other starting QBs. They have the David Carr(early in his career)effect where there for some reason are long periods of a false sense of improvement created by the media. They are both operating on borrowed time.

One is an average (or maybe just above) QB who might succeed as a game manager. (Flacco)

The other is a below-average QB whose team might succeed in spite of him. (Sanchez)

Both rely upon their defenses, to varying degrees of success (from season to season).

I pretty much agree w/ you and I don't want either one in red, white and blue two years from now.

so what does this have to do with the bills?

so what does this have to do with the bills?

Well, both QBs are in the AFC and one is in the AFC East.

Apart from that there's no rule we can't talk about other teams/players here.

Beyond that, the OP didn't mention either as possibilities for the Bills but he might have been implying it.

I could tie this to my draft a QB or build a team thread. These guys certainly add another layer to that discussion

Flacco and Sanchez are both in danger of losing the confidence of their franchise. The Jets are going to have to beat a tough Giants team and an improved Miami team that trounced our crappy Bills today. Not getting into the playoffs has to be considered a huge disappointment considering their coach predicted a Super Bowl win. They'll have one more year to turn things around

Edited by FrankReichComeback

While on the subject of QBs on other teams, Phillip Rivers is playing much better now that Antonio Gates and Malcolm Floyd are both back and getting up to speed.

There's been a lot of Rivers bashing on this forum this year but IMO he's an elite QB.

:thumbsup:

I could tie this to my draft a QB or build a team thread. These guys certainly add another layer to that discussion

I really don't think there's a blanket rule so much as you take it on a case by case basis.

But I maintain generally that true franchise caliber guys (not best in class guys) represent a historical opportunity that cannot be passed up.

I'd rather have Rivers than Flacco or sanchez as well. That said Rivers still makes critical

mistakes at critical times.Often.-that puts him a solid level below elite IMHO.

I'd rather have Rivers than Flacco or sanchez as well. That said Rivers still makes critical

mistakes at critical times.Often.-that puts him a solid level below elite IMHO.

Yeh Rivers doesn't have what it takes to win the big games. Never has, never will.

Sounds a lot like Tony Romo, then.

Like David Carr, neither guy can anticipate throws. They can only throw to open receivers. If you cover the quick slant off play-action, Sanchez is horrible. After that, all he can do is throw lobs to Burress.

Too true, it's almost imposible to think we surrendered 4 TD passes to him. The guy is very limited, I was watching the Jets today and down by 20+ points they kept feeding the ball to the RBs refusing to put the responsability on Sanchez's shoulders.

Lo and behold, play action, quick slant to Holmes and the CB jumps the route, tha ball gets intercepted.

The good news is that Rex said his carreer is tied to Sanchez carreer, we will see how that unfolds.

I wouldn't mind having Rivers on the team, and he is way better than Flacco & Sanchez.

The Chargers problem is not their QB, it's their coach.

One is an average (or maybe just above) QB who might succeed as a game manager. (Flacco)

The other is a below-average QB whose team might succeed in spite of him. (Sanchez)

Both rely upon their defenses, to varying degrees of success (from season to season).

I pretty much agree w/ you and I don't want either one in red, white and blue two years from now.

What? Flacco isn't a game manager. He has a big arm, but poor deep accuracy. Flacco's biggest problem is that he holds on to the ball for far too long and is slow to make reads. This is proof that the term "game manager" is just thrown around to describe an average QB. He and, say, Alex Smith, though of similar caliber, have completely different styles.

I believe Sanchez and Romo are the 2 most overrated QB's in the league. Sanchez is not a franchise QB, and the Jets win in spite of him.

Flacco is a good QB, and his Ravens team is built to win by their defence, not the offence. The Ravens team is older, and was built to win now a few years ago, they need to start replacing some of the vets on that team before they get too far and collapse. They are still a good playoff team

Well, both QBs are in the AFC and one is in the AFC East.

Apart from that there's no rule we can't talk about other teams/players here.

Beyond that, the OP didn't mention either as possibilities for the Bills but he might have been implying it.

I almost thought you were suggesting that we get Flacco or Sanchez....They are not far off from Fitz.