The worst game in Bills history

tennesseeboy

The Game was in Buffalo & the Pats scored a TD on every offensive possession they had that game (think it actually was 56-10). By far, the worst game I ever seen the Bills play.

Good call - I think we might have stopped them in the 4th, but I'm pretty sure they scored TDs on their first 7 possessions. Seven in a row. I was thinking back to this game when the cowboys went 4/4 and the dolphins when 3/3 this year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

Outside of the last three superbowl losses, two that come to mind are the loss in GB last year - TE's last game. Packer players were laughing at us because we were so bad...

The second one is when Billy Joe Hoebert admitted to not knowing the playbook - I beleive it was the Patriots that demolished us that day.

I think that 6-3 loss to Cleveland, which would seriously make the top 10 worst list of games every played, has to be on the list. We got beat by a team that completed 2 of 17 passes. Really. The entire game was both teams failing to execute any football plays on almost every possession. It was not the most painful loss, but unfortunately our coach did not have the decency to quit at halftime. The entire staff should have been fired and most of the players replaced with street free agents, really.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment

One that isn't mentioned much was the 10-3 loss to the 49ers a few years ago. To a certain degree I tend to find that one a little more embarrassing than the Cleveland game that ended similarly because going into the 49er game we at least still had a reasonable shot at the playoffs. Mike Singletary was still in an interim head coach role.

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

Quite the list of dirty laundry already listed. However, I didn't see the 2004 December game against the Steelers prectice squad mentioned.

I think that 6-3 loss, which would seriously make the top 10 worst list of games every played, has to be on the list. We got beat by a team that completed 2 of 17 passes. Really. The entire game was both teams failing to execute any football plays on almost every possession. It was not the most painful loss, but unfortunately our coach did not have the decency to quit at halftime. The entire staff should have been fired and most of the players replaced with street free agents, really.

High winds were a big problem that day and the wind was the only winner...unwatchable.

Im only 26 years old. The worse for me was 55-10 on national tv against the pats*

I'm 27 and I traveled 2500 miles to see that game. Let me tell you - I've been to my fair share of sporting events in person and I can easily say that this game was the most miserable game I've ever seen one of my teams play.

While the 52-17 drubbing in Super Bowl XXVII was bad (and I remember watching that one as a kid, it's actually my earliest SB I remember), it doesn't sting as much as actually having paid hundreds of dollars on airfare to see them lose so badly.

gee...I'm sorry I started this post. There were some really awful games. I discounted superbowls because even if it was a blow out..you got tot to the superbowl. Some of those other games were qualifiers. I thought of the year we opened the season with a 32-0 blowout of the patsies and ended it with a 0-32 game against the patsies as a possible nominee.

True story...

over near Gate #6, there was this large group of fans who tailgated just inside the parking lot, right along those big yellow obstacle poles. their home base was this small red van truck, that was positioned to see the stadium scoreboard. they fashioned themselves table tops that sat on top of those big yellow poles and they had about 25 empty crown royal bottles lined up on the ground.

there was this guy, who would get on top of that van truck. he was shirtless and had pants on that were made out of the crown royal purple bags. at every miami game, he would have up there a 50 lb fish that they would abuse the hell out of. huge crowd encouraging him on. they would pour gasoline down the fish's mouth and set it on fire.....crowd going nuts chanting squish the fish.

ahhhh, good times.

We're already out of the playoffs, so I'm not sure what to expect. At this point there is no pressure to perform well, other than for job security. I have a feeling Chan will simply use the last few games to do talent evaluations and test some play calling.

Worst game IMO is the rose bowl super bowl 52-17. Nine turnovers in the biggest game of the year.

What a joke. I happened to watch the game at a friends house who was from Dallas. He even felt sorry for me it was that bad. I will never forget how bad I felt after that game .

Marv Levy absolutely, positively should have been fired after Super Bowl XXVII. If the goal is winning a Super Bowl you knew - you absolutely, positively knew - after that game that Levy would never win a Super Bowl, especially with that group of players. I've never been more embarrassed being a Bills fan than after that game. How he is in the Hall of Fame is beyond me. Good coach? Heck, yes. Great coach? Not in a million years. Oh yeah, we fired Polian after that game. So, to me, it's hands down the worst game in Bills history.

I missed a wedding to attend that 6-3 stinker to the Browns. Bad choice... We were petrified that the game would go into overtime. It was 3-3 late in the fourth. That's funny that the network actually apologized for carrying the game.

Your would be wife ever get over being left at the alter?

Your would be wife ever get over being left at the alter?

It was her brother's wedding. The plans for the game were made like 6 months in advance, and had guys flying in from Florida and driving up from NYC. She went to the wedding by with our three boys. Despite being a hero at the tailgate, I'll never do that again. That was the WRONG choice.

True story...

over near Gate #6, there was this large group of fans who tailgated just inside the parking lot, right along those big yellow obstacle poles. their home base was this small red van truck, that was positioned to see the stadium scoreboard. they fashioned themselves table tops that sat on top of those big yellow poles and they had about 25 empty crown royal bottles lined up on the ground.

there was this guy, who would get on top of that van truck. he was shirtless and had pants on that were made out of the crown royal purple bags. at every miami game, he would have up there a 50 lb fish that they would abuse the hell out of. huge crowd encouraging him on. they would pour gasoline down the fish's mouth and set it on fire.....crowd going nuts chanting squish the fish.

ahhhh, good times.

That is a true story. Although there were usually more than 25 empty bottles of crown Royal. The "red truck" was really made into a converted urinal.