Cowher in Miami?

Now that Miami has dumped Sparano, the rumor mill has cranked up and has Miami taking a run at Cowher. Frankly, I don't see him going back to coaching but if he did, he obviously has a man-crush on Gailey. Would Gailey leave a head coaching gig to take an OC gig under Cowher? Before you dismiss it out of hand consider (1) when Gregg Williams was fired he would up as the Redskins' DC with a PAY RAISE from his salary as Bills' HC; and (2) isn't that essentially what Mike Mularky did?

Now that Miami has dumped Sparano, the rumor mill has cranked up and has Miami taking a run at Cowher. Frankly, I don't see him going back to coaching but if he did, he obviously has a man-crush on Gailey. Would Gailey leave a head coaching gig to take an OC gig under Cowher? Before you dismiss it out of hand consider (1) when Gregg Williams was fired he would up as the Redskins' DC with a PAY RAISE from his salary as Bills' HC; and (2) isn't that essentially what Mike Mularky did?

With this team anything is possible.

Are you worried Gailey will leave his head coaching job in Buffalo to run an offense in Maimi for Bill Cowher, should he be hired?

As Rhett Butler once put it.... frankly, I just don't give a damn!

Both Gailey and Nix have made many personnel errors, and although they both have done some good things... the best Gailey has done in Buffalo is 5 wins! Even the moron Dick Jauron managed 7 wins. This team went from mediocre under Jauron to really bad under Gailey.

This team lost its heart after that Jet games in week 9 this year and hasn't won again since.

This team could lose its owner-GM-HC-entire front office and entire scouting dept and it wouldn't bother me.

I don't think Bill Cowher coaches in the NFL again, even if the Giants job opens up.

He's been away too long and he wouldn't be able to get the band back together of all the assistant coaches that really made him into the "great" coach that many perceive him to be.

He gets paid a lot of money to talk about football every Sunday. It's far better than working nearly 24 hours a day coaching a football team with expectations the size of a mountain staring down at you. Expectations, I might add, he did not have to deal with in Pittsburgh. Wherever he goes, he'll be expected to win and win yesterday.

1) I don't care if they double his salary, he's not walking away from a HC job voluntarily for an OC position

2) I don't think you see Miami really chase cowher-- could change but with Ireland allegedly staying and Ross saying he wants a young up and comer.... It doesnt fit. Atleast the current script.

We should make Cower come here, No Chan wont leave, Mularky Left because of Marv and Chan isn't getting fired so you can't compare him to Williams.

All I've read/heard is that Miami wants a young gun to be the coach. That's good because the failure rate for guys like that is pretty high ala Todd Haley and Josh McDaniels and Mike Schula.

Yeah, but look at the success Mike McCarthy, Mike Tomlin and Sean Payton have had. They are, easily, three of the top five head coaches in the league, and have won the last few Super Bowls between them.

Are you worried Gailey will leave his head coaching job in Buffalo to run an offense in Maimi for Bill Cowher, should he be hired?

As Rhett Butler once put it.... frankly, I just don't give a damn!

Both Gailey and Nix have made many personnel errors, and although they both have done some good things... the best Gailey has done in Buffalo is 5 wins! Even the moron Dick Jauron managed 7 wins. This team went from mediocre under Jauron to really bad under Gailey.

This team lost its heart after that Jet games in week 9 this year and hasn't won again since.

This team could lose its owner-GM-HC-entire front office and entire scouting dept and it wouldn't bother me.

Cowboys always welcome new fans....

He will go if Dick LeBeau will be his DC.

I would pay Lebeau 20 million dollars per season if thats what it took to get him here. I'd triple the salaries of all the Steelers position coaches too. Tell him to bring his entire staff

Edited by Thoner7

I want Jeff Fisher

This

The best thing that can happen is Mike Nolan becomes available for Defensive Coordinator...I'll take him over George Edwards....He runs a 3-4, too...

This too

I would pay Lebeau 20 million dollars per season if thats what it took to get him here. I'd triple the salaries of all the Steelers position coaches too. Tell him to bring his entire staff

We had him once but as usual we let the good ones go. Besides him one of the biggest mistakes we made was letting Bobby April go. That guy is probably the best special team coach ever and our ST have been nowhere as good as when he was here. Wish they would have given him a HCing shot. We couldn't be any worse than what we are doing now and who knows maybe he could have been the next Marv.