Cut Fitz

RyanC882

Fitz will not be on this team next year if the FO is at all capable and able to admit its mistake in resigning him. They need to finally draft a franchise QB when there are a few available in the draft. Cutting Fitz now will let the Bills avoid most of his contract, and they can pick up some practice squad QB to get practice for a backup for the new guy next year.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz will not be on this team next year if the FO is at all capable and able to admit its mistake in resigning him. They need to finally draft a franchise QB when there are a few available in the draft. Cutting Fitz now will let the Bills avoid most of his contract, and they can pick up some practice squad QB to get practice for a backup for the new guy next year.

Are you serious?

I know you're angry but think about what you just suggested! Haven't we learned you don't cut or trade players until you are certain there are proven replacements in place. Stop the Fitz hostility. The guy is a stopgap QB until the Bills can aquire a franchise one It's not his fault the Bills gave him a huge contract extension.

Are you serious?

Yeah. You want to watch any more of this garbage. He threw a bunch of terrible passes today, the game before, and before. He won't be here next year so why not cut him now? What's the point of keeping him. Unless you think we should pay all that money to him for a backup, or are still under the delusion that he is starting material.

I know you're angry but think about what you just suggested! Haven't we learned you don't cut or trade players until you are certain there are proven replacements in place. Stop the Fitz hostility. The guy is a stopgap QB until the Bills can aquire a franchise one It's not his fault the Bills gave him a huge contract extension.

He's a pretty expensive backup QB. I'd rather sign Dixon from the Steelers (who is a FA I think) and draft a QB. A rookie QB can play better than Fitz. (Dalton, Newton, Ponder, etc.) And next years class is even better .

Nobody should be surprised He is a back up starting, the team needs to draft a young QB like Robert Griffin III or Matt Barkley even Landry Jones or Russell Wilson would be ok to build to the future, I like Fitzpatrick but he a back up nothing more.

chan gailey is passing 50 times a game & not even trying to run & Fitzpatrick isn't that type of QB, he should be passing no more than 25 to 30 times a game if he is going to start

Nobody should be surprised He is a back up starting, the team needs to draft a young QB like Robert Griffin III or Matt Barkley even Landry Jones or Russell Wilson would be ok to build to the future, I like Fitzpatrick but he a back up nothing more.

chan gailey is passing 50 times a game & not even trying to run & Fitzpatrick isn't that type of QB, he should be passing no more than 25 to 30 times a game if he is going to start

Well, that migh have SOMETHING to do with our defense spitting the other teams 14 points every game.

I'm one of his biggest critics, but we have to keep him, for now at least. See if we can draft one of the big 3. If we can't, it'll be tough to upgrade. It sucks that Stevie and Fred haven't been extended while fitz was, but we have to wait and see

I know it's how football fandom works that if the team sucks it's the QB's fault. If the team wins, it's because of savy QB play. fitz threw several clunkers today and didn't have a good game. I admit it.

But let's see, we have zero run game, WRs that can't catch a pass unless it hits them in the hands and even that's not a given. A holy swiss cheese defense. Fitz has got to feel like he has to do it all by himself and it looks like he's trying.

But then again, I saw Eli Manning overthrow open guys tonight and he's considered one of the best. I also saw the great Tom Brady had a guy open long and over threw him by 5 yards. So other QBs, even good ones, throw clunkers too.

Fitz needs some help.

But, he does have things to work on and I think he'll improve on them. He needs to get better at hitting the long ball. He also needs to figure out a way to not be such a slow starter. You can't come out week after week and go 3 and out on the first possession and set up the opposing team with good field position.

But really, with our "D" as it stands now, we don't have a chance to win anyway.

Edited by reddogblitz

"Yeah, Fitz gave up a 16-0 lead. Don't even bring up the first INT. It was a fluke. Sometimes, you just have to say "It Happens" and move on. But, yeah, lets cut Fitz so we can have Tyler in there throwing picks." -The Cincinatti Kid.

First of all, At 5-8, why does it matter who's in there throwing the picks? We already know Fitz-spastic is good for at least two per game. Honestly, what are you people afraid of? What we have in Orchard Park is a situation where someone needs to pull the trigger on SOMETHING ASAP. -Possibly on multiple targets. Without question, Edwards should be a goner. Perhaps Gailey should be following him out the door as well. Gailey was out-classed today by a coach on life-support. Offensively, he had no answer for Norv's onslaught. Our offense isn't just predictable, it's transparent.

Chan keeps a disinterested, unmotivated QB at the helm of a lazy, and undisciplined offense. I've heard all the excuses before. "Ralph sucks". -Noted. "Our O-line's beat up." -Also noted. So, when exactly is the time going to be right for us to get out of this funk?

Hat's off to the Bronco Fans. They knew what was good for their team, and they didn't hesitate to demand it. I wish there was some way to cut that out, and paste it to our complacent fanbase.

Edited by #34fan

We still need him to groom the next QB and if that guy sucks we still have Fitz who is definitely regressing but he is still a serviceable QB.

I think Fitz's problem is that he has stopped the off season strength training that he used to get his arm up to par. Durring the preseason and first few weeks his passes were crisp but each week he has gotten worse as his accuracy has gone down and he is using all his might again to wing the ball. Besides his poor throwing the other obvious sign he quit training is that arm looks like a 13 yr old again. Whereas this summer although he didn't have guns you could tell they were a bit bigger and more muscular.

Fitz get back in the weight room.

Threads like this illustrate why this board is becoming unreadable.

It's ironic that a few 'drunk with power' Admins have driven away

the people who used to post the best,and more thought provoking

opinions.

Not so sure you can put that all on the admins.

Several of the best simply walked away in large part due, IMO, to the increasingly hostile mob mentality exhibited ad nauseum.

That, and losing takes its toll. This board used to be a place where fans could have an open discourse and talk about football.

It's ever so much less so these days. Few new members have joined that bring anything more than their overfilled barf bag of complaints.

It doesn't bode well.

Not at all.

Yeah, Fitz gave up a 16-0 lead. Don't even bring up the first INT. It was a fluke. Sometimes, you just have to say "It Happens" and move on. But, yeah, lets cut Fitz so we can have Tyler in there throwing picks. Great plan dude. Go cheer for the Argos or the TIger-Cats. You won't be missed here.

Pretty sure Fitz was heavily involved with half of the 16-0.

The first INT was a fluke??? He hit the Charger in the back. Sure - could have just been a long incomplete on a 3rd and 2. Would it really make you feel better if he threw that pathetic and stupid pass to end the drive on an incomplete???

No - they don't want to cut him yet - but it's pretty clear he's no "franchise" guy and they need to be drafting that guy.

Threads like this illustrate why this board is becoming unreadable.

It's ironic that a few 'drunk with power' Admins have driven away

the people who used to post the best,and more thought provoking

opinions.

Well that <hic> settles it. <hic> I know who's next :beer:

YEA Cut Fitz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one of his biggest critics, but we have to keep him, for now at least. See if we can draft one of the big 3. If we can't, it'll be tough to upgrade. It sucks that Stevie and Fred haven't been extended while fitz was, but we have to wait and see

Before his injury, Freddie had all the ammo in the world to demand a huge contract. Now's the time to extend it -- Not next year, when he's white-hot again.

Stevie? I don't know, I really believe he's a solid #2. He'd disagree, of course.

There's no reason you can't keep Fitz and draft a QB. Allow them to compete in camp, if Fitz wins the job he can start as long as he deserves to. His contract isn't so huge to keep them from getting someone else, it's pretty average for a QB.

Edited by Carey Bender