Call me not a fan, but I want us to lose out

Virgil

You won't have to feel guilty about rooting for it to happen. The Bills will not win another game this season. The bad news is that Ralph Wilson will still be our owner, Buddy Nix will be our GM and Chan Gailey will be our head coach. Next year at this time we will be talking about next year's draft instead of playoff chances. :wallbash:

No matter who they draft, they will not get better. One or two blue chip guys can't make much of a difference. Something is broken on this team, and untill they figure what is broken and finally fix it, we will lose. Chan has said "I don't know how to fix it" so even he knows there is something wrong. I am no armchair head coach and I certainly don't have a clue on how to fix it but no matter who plays on this team we won't win till SOMEBODY say's "o.k. we need to ..............." There are a lot of injuries to key players, maybe that's it? No pass rush, could that be it? A Quarter back that is not really a "great" QB? Bad play calling? Could it be that Ralph needs to release the reins? Don't know. Everyone has a theory on how to fix this team but untill they do fix it = NO PLAYOFF spot.

Either you make the playoffs, or you draft high and try to build for a playoff team... the tweener draft picks do us no good, and with all of the injuries, it is all but assured.

I know it sucks seeing Losman getting a win over the Bills, but in the end it would be a good thing IMO.*

* so long as we don't get a McKelvin or Spiller with the pick

I actually think your not a fan if you don't want them to lose out. The Bills are not going to the playoffs for the 15th season in a row. We have played just mediocre enough to be out of the running for an elite QB every year since our last Superbowl loss. In this league you actually have to hit rock bottom before you can become great. This draft actually looks pretty decent in terms of QBs. Losing the ability to draft one of them will be worse than us losing the rest of our games, which mean nothing at this point.

And I don't buy all the psychological mumbo jumbo about the benefits of having a winning atmosphere. If that stuff did help, how could we have ever flipped from 5-2 to 5-8? We obvious learned very little from our string of wins earlier in the year.

They have sucked for years, and all that losing hasn't led to a better team. I don't think a higher drafting slot will help the organization any. It's a deeper problem. At least winning might help them psychologically.

+1. The only hope at salvation was Andrew Luck and that, like the bills chances of making it to the playoffs, is a distant memory.

The cynic in me says yea lose out. Reality is how does the current staff know the difference

between a #8 pick and say a #12? We need to grab a blue chip Quarterback. I don't think that choice is high

on their radar. Ralph may still be suffering sticker shock from Fitz's deal, much less move up to draft

another high priced Quarterback.Everyone is fast losing faith in Nix and company, the pressure is on. Or at least

it should be.

1st round picks are not that expensive anymore with the new CBA. Take a blue chip QB 1st round.

Say what you want about fans wanting their teams to lose, but I do. There is some legit talent in this years draft, including some great QB prospects. If we lose out, we have a good shot at picking 4th overall. (Man, that's painful to say with 3 games left after starting 5-2). But yeah, this season is done. We aren't building on anything and there isn't anyone that we are trying to get experience. This team is a trainwreck. O-Line aside, our offense is actually fairly healthy and we can't score more than 3 points. Yes, Freddie is out, but Spiller was Chan's guy in the first place.

At this point, I pray we end up 4th in the order, behind the Colts, Vikings, and Rams. 2 of those 3 have their QB's of the future. We could have a chance to trade up to the Colts or have our pick of some great talent.

Flame away, but winning is only going to continue to hurt the franchise right now. Besides the fact that Ralph owns the team, Nix can't draft, Gailey can't evaluate talent, and we just signed Fitz to a DJ deal....

In scheduling purposes for next year, you most likely would get Kansas City and Cleveland on our schedule, as opposed to Oakland and Cincinnati. We need to lose out.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I am so fed up, I would like them to give up a couple of number 1's and whatever else for Luck. Enough with the stop gaps. Get the sure thing.

I am ready to start believing that a 1st round QB would be a good thing.....IF that QB is a special talent or the best player available

Why not? They were mauled by them down in Miami and likely will be again at home. That team mauled us and won with some clown named Matt Moore and JP will love mothing more than to get a start here and have a decent showing.

There is a long-standing philosophical debate about what would happen if an unstoppable force was applied against an immovable object. JP Losman going up against the Bills' defense would be pretty much the opposite of that.

And yes, I agree with the OP's point that the Bills need draft position and a franchise QB a lot more than they need a couple meaningless wins thrown in at the end of their season.

I'm in the lose out crowd. To go from 5-2 to 5-11 would be epic.........And, if we can get one of the top three QBs, it would be worth it for years go to come.....There is no way that winning a game or two at this point carries over to next year - not after falling off this cliff.

Say what you want about fans wanting their teams to lose, but I do. There is some legit talent in this years draft, including some great QB prospects. If we lose out, we have a good shot at picking 4th overall. (Man, that's painful to say with 3 games left after starting 5-2). But yeah, this season is done. We aren't building on anything and there isn't anyone that we are trying to get experience. This team is a trainwreck. O-Line aside, our offense is actually fairly healthy and we can't score more than 3 points. Yes, Freddie is out, but Spiller was Chan's guy in the first place.

At this point, I pray we end up 4th in the order, behind the Colts, Vikings, and Rams. 2 of those 3 have their QB's of the future. We could have a chance to trade up to the Colts or have our pick of some great talent.

Flame away, but winning is only going to continue to hurt the franchise right now. Besides the fact that Ralph owns the team, Nix can't draft, Gailey can't evaluate talent, and we just signed Fitz to a DJ deal....

I see your point... I just wanna know what the DJ stands for... Can't be disc jockey they make about 300 a night, 5,000 if you're famous... Can't be Donald Jones...

I see your point... I just wanna know what the DJ stands for... Can't be disc jockey they make about 300 a night, 5,000 if you're famous... Can't be Donald Jones...

I'll give you a hint: the DJ stands for something which rhymes with Ick Moron. Not that the Bills have (yet?) been coached by anyone answering to that name, but . . .

My guess is a Dick Jauron contract. We signed him when we were 4-0 and then we tanked. Same thing now with Fitz.

youre not a fan

Then the Bills owe me 26 years of season ticket money.