Jared Allen rips Detroit

So the problems of the inner cities have nothing to do with the behavior of the people in the inner cities, and instead, have everything to do with corporations and people that don't live in cities?

Just wondering....so that we can accurately measure, and then quantify the blame: how far must one live outside of the city, and how far does the boundary go beyond that, to be part of the suburban "problem". For example, do people in Lancaster count...but people in Alden not count? And, how many goods/services must a corporation deliver, build in, sell to a city in order to receive blame or not?

And, there's that word again: culture. I wonder, which culture is more destructive for cities? Suburban, or the one that says "I must go after anyone who looks at me or my B word the wrong way, and it's not my fault that I do bad things, it's the fact that we didn't receive enough welfare when I was young ". :lol: So silly it's laughable.

See, it's not that we are racists, it's that you're a moron.

Perhaps you need to go ask the Mayor of Philadelphia whether being an asssshole, his words, is OK because we didn't spend enough money on being "compassionate" towards the people who choose that behavior.

You really don't understand, do you? Why would conservatives, who hate people who don't earn things for themselves, support corruption? Look, most of us a small business owners, right? Why do you think we have anything in common with, or support these clowns in any way?

Perhaps it's time that you realize that we are every bit as much a part of corporate America as they are. So when you support things that go after them, without making the distinction, all they do is hire more lawyers, while we end up getting massively F'ed. Great plan, though, because then you get to self-congratulate on "teaching us a lesson".

Yes you are....tithead. You are, and you don't even know it, do you? No wonders what you say is so moronic. You don't know any better, do you?

Obamacare F's us over, because we can't afford to hire a lobbyist who will personally see to it that we get a waiver, unlike those who can afford to be a big Obama donor. The difference is: I don't need your law to tell me that buying insurance for my people is a good idea. I already knew that, thanks. However, I do need to be able to afford it, and Obamacare has done nothing but increase premiums, and cause every single person I have talked to about expansion $ to tell me "not until we find out what happens with Obamacare". So again, thanks for your "help".

Dodd Frank puts serious compliance trouble on small banks, the ones where most of us(not me) get our financing from? And, again, the big banks who are the culprits, brush aside your regulations like the minor annoyance they are, or move more operations off-shore, while the small guys get the shaft, and then, so do we.

You are correct, so when can we count on you getting the rest of the story correct? I'd like to know how many more times you're going to support completely f'ing us over between now and then, because then I can plan.

Edit: Actually the single best way to get the economy moving again would be to know the answer to this. Just tell us exactly how many retarded policies we can expect, and their exact effects, and then we will be able to accurately forecast our businesses and start hiring/selling/planning accordingly.

And, as we've seen, the liberal methods of the last 50 years since LBJ and his nonsense haven't made it so either. You know what else isn't going to make it so? Calling people you don't know names, or questioning their motives, for accurately pointing out that liberal methods suck.

Wawrow: the plan sucks, it doesn't work, time to put the shovel down. Now, are you going to pull a Krugman and tell us that the only reason it failed is because it wasn't big enough? Or, are you going to try to salvage some scrap of integrity and intellectual honesty in this thread, and admit that what we are doing, in general, ALL of it, isn't working.

We need new methods.

We do not need people who refuse to deal with reality running around calling everyone else names because they can't deal with the obvious. And it doesn't matter anyway. We are OUT OF MONEY to spend, so even if you wanted to continue this ridiculous effort, we can't.

We need new methods. Whenever the left gets done talking, this will remain the case. Call me a thousand names, we still need new methods.

new methods? the corporations got all their new methods in figuring out how to get out of America and leave it nearly destitute of jobs. Americans don't really make anything these days, except for cell-phone commericals, and pepsi and coca-cola, and trips to the mall.

but let's keep questioning the new math, which apparently doesn't exist, because we're all ostrich stuck in the sand.

yes, we need new methods, and the privileged can't seem to accept that.

jw

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new methods? the corporations got all their new methods in figuring out how to get out of America and leave it nearly destitute of jobs. Americans don't really make anything these days, except for cell-phone commericals, and pepsi and coca-cola, and trips to the mall.

but let's keep questioning the new math, which apparently doesn't exist, because we're all ostrich stuck in the sand.

jw

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=U9rCc4SZNSI

new methods? the corporations got all their new methods in figuring out how to get out of America and leave it nearly destitute of jobs. Americans don't really make anything these days, except for cell-phone commericals, and pepsi and coca-cola, and trips to the mall...

That is totally true! Except that, you know, it isn't. The US is STILL the world leader in Manufacturing output (at least it was in 2010, which is the latest data I can find) -- All quoted in constant 2005 US Dollars for comparison's sake:

US: $1.763 Trillion

China: $1.654 Trillion

Japan: $.970 Trillion

Germany: $.556 Trillion

Korea: $.279 Trillion

You can find this out if you care to concern yourself with economic data/facts at this website:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/snaama/dnllist.asp

It's great! There's, like, data and stuff that you can look up to see if what you're saying has any basis in fact. It is also great for showing people up and proving how internet-tough you are.

That is totally true! Except that, you know, it isn't. The US is STILL the world leader in Manufacturing output (at least it was in 2010, which is the latest data I can find) -- All quoted in constant 2005 US Dollars for comparison's sake:

US: $1.763 Trillion

China: $1.654 Trillion

Japan: $.970 Trillion

Germany: $.556 Trillion

Korea: $.279 Trillion

You can find this out if you care to concern yourself with economic data/facts at this website:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/snaama/dnllist.asp

It's great! There's, like, data and stuff that you can look up to see if what you're saying has any basis in fact. It is also great for showing people up and proving how internet-tough you are.

Dude, you're harshing his mellow :ph34r:

jw

OK, well then if we are going to have new methods, let's start by identifying some requirements:

1. All new methods cannot rely on "one-size-fits-all". Let's see if we can both comprehend and agree on this one, shall we?

Example: A "two person assist" at a nursing home in NYC simply doesn't cost the same as in Niagara Falls, or in F'ing Nebraska. Fixed, variable, direct and indirect cost is all different everywhere. Therefore, relying on a centralized, homogenized system that pays them all the same, or more accurately, rates that activity in what amounts to "zones", is patently retarded. Philly is not the same as NYC either, so reimbursing them the same is wrong too. The current method removes all incentive for each individual home to manage itself, never mind focus on cutting that cost, individually. Instead, "one-size-fits-all" means that somebody else tells you what they will pay you, and you simply have to deal with it, however unrealistic. You could be making a killing on it, or losing, all of which has nothing to do with your performance as an organization, or your treatment of your customer.

The only thing this method does well? Makes it easier for the centralized managers to do their job, a job that adds 0 value to the result, therefore it's a job which they shouldn't be doing to begin with. So what do we gain from having this "one-size-fits-all" approach, other than tons of empty dollars being spent on regulators, useless work product, and other things, all of which add 0 value to taking care of the elderly...which is what the F we are supposed to be doing? Answer: nothing. So why are we doing it? Answer: because liberal constituencies live off of these empty $$.

So I ask you: where is your compassion? Why don't you care about the elderly? I know they can be annoying, but, why do you support the people who routinely F them over? :lol: You're not being moral, John. You care more about government employee largess, and the evil, corporate, mercenary, private contractor, regulator's profits, than you do about old people. Mere words aren't going to convince me that you actually care about old people. :lol:

In all seriousness, are you serious about new methods John, or do you still want to pretend like it's 1965? If it's the former, then can we agree about "one-size-fits-all"?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

OK, well then if we are going to have new methods, let's start by identifying some requirements:

1. All new methods cannot rely on "one-size-fits-all". Let's see if we can both comprehend and agree on this one, shall we?

Example: A "two person assist" at a nursing home in NYC simply doesn't cost the same as in Niagara Falls, or in F'ing Nebraska. Fixed, variable, direct and indirect cost is all different everywhere. Therefore, relying on a centralized, homogenized system that pays them all the same, or more accurately, rates that activity in what amounts to "zones", is patently retarded. Philly is not the same as NYC either, so reimbursing them the same is wrong too. The current method removes all incentive for each individual home to manage itself, never mind focus on cutting that cost, individually. Instead, "one-size-fits-all" means that somebody else tells you what they will pay you, and you simply have to deal with it, however unrealistic. You could be making a killing on it, or losing, all of which has nothing to do with your performance as an organization, or your treatment of your customer.

The only thing this method does well? Makes it easier for the centralized managers to do their job, a job that adds 0 value to the result, therefore it's a job which they shouldn't be doing to begin with. So what do we gain from having this "one-size-fits-all" approach, other than tons of empty dollars being spent on regulators, useless work product, and other things, all of which add 0 value to taking care of the elderly...which is what the F we are supposed to be doing? Answer: nothing. So why are we doing it? Answer: because liberal constituencies live off of these empty $$.

So I ask you: where is your compassion? Why don't you care about the elderly? I know they can be annoying, but, why do you support the people who routinely F them over? :lol: You're not being moral, John. You care more about government employee largess, and the evil, corporate, mercenary, private contractor, regulator's profits, than you do about old people. Mere words aren't going to convince me that you actually care about old people. :lol:

In all seriousness, are you serious about new methods John, or do you still want to pretend like it's 1965? If it's the former, then can we agree about "one-size-fits-all"?

John Nash, is that you?

• 2 weeks later...

i live in the city of Buffalo, within stumbling distance of several good bars, including Coles, and several good pizza joints, including Casa and La Nova.

jw

nope, think i got it right.

quick check of the on-line dictionary came up with this: "lacking and reflecting lack of pity or compassion."

that pretty much sums up the mood of suburbanites in regards to us urban folk -- or at least some on this thread.

jw

why do you nitpick so. is it beyond logical reason to note that most people for most of history have either lived in a city or lived on farms. the suburbs are something manufactured for mankind over the last century. really, did i need to explain that.

i don't understand why it's so difficult to make a point, and then have to go on and defend the minutia of it because it's unacceptable to concede anything on this end of the board. man ...

jw

It's either/or? Can't be both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

oddly enough, there have been several rants against the suburbs raised recently. i might not be alone. good luck, GG, in your gated communities.

jw

aaaagh! gates is closing.

Was one of them about arsonists trying to keep South Buffalo white?

Just checking.

nope, think i got it right.

quick check of the on-line dictionary came up with this: "lacking and reflecting lack of pity or compassion."

that pretty much sums up the mood of suburbanites in regards to us urban folk -- or at least some on this thread.

jw

jw

That's because you live in Buffalo. I don't think people feel that way regarding people that live in nice cities.

Two urban areas are "holding their own" around the Great Lakes basin... They are Toronto and Chicgao. I will speak for Chicago, being American. Why... The liberal polices abound, Cook County sales tax is almost 10%... Why aren't people flocking to the suburbs in mass like the other GL cities?

That's because you live in Buffalo. I don't think people feel that way regarding people that live in nice cities.

You live in the Bay Area with epicenter being San Fran... Smug liberal center of the whole freaking universe... Why haven't lib polices destroyed that area?

Two urban areas are "holding their own" around the Great Lakes basin... They are Toronto and Chicgao. I will speak for Chicago, being American. Why... The liberal polices abound, Cook County sales tax is almost 10%... Why aren't people flocking to the suburbs in mass like the other GL cities?

You live in the Bay Area with epicenter being San Fran... Smug liberal center of the whole freaking universe... Why haven't lib polices destroyed that area?

The MERC, Sears, and several other major corporations being already based there wouldn't have anything to do with Chicago 'holding it's own' now would it?

How's the rest of Illinois doing?

Kind of analagous to NYC and the rest of NYS. Policies that don't crush Chicago simply due to what it already is don't do much to help the rest of the state. And how much better do you think it could be doing if it actually reined in some of it's corruption?

Allen also mentioned his dislike for New Orleans. I was talking to a guy whose job sends him to NO every month or two and he shared the same assessment of New Orleans as Allen. Said it's like going to a third world country and the best thing to do while in town was stay in your car on the main roads and pray you don't get lost

Don't count on Chicago & Illinois being able to keep up the facade. They have funded their pension liabilities at 45%. Take a look at this (especially the chart):

http://dailyreckoning.com/school-administrator-earns-pension-of-over-26-million/

"As would be expected in a pension spread, the numbers are not evenly distributed. One listed administrator in particular is expected to require a pension of over $26 million during his 29 years of retirement. His student must have learned their curriculum especially well. Thanks to his serving many noble years as a public servant it only makes sense to reward that effort, and sacrifice, with about $1 million per year of retirement."

Edited by 3rdnlng

The MERC, Sears, and several other major corporations being already based there wouldn't have anything to do with Chicago 'holding it's own' now would it?

How's the rest of Illinois doing?

Kind of analagous to NYC and the rest of NYS. Policies that don't crush Chicago simply due to what it already is don't do much to help the rest of the state. And how much better do you think it could be doing if it actually reined in some of it's corruption?

Then move the Mercantile Exchange... Sears? You gotta be joking. You hit the nail on the head about corps having their HQ's centered there though... Where are they all gonna run too... Spread around... Companies are still locating INTO the area. Why? Why out of other Great Lakes areas?

Illinois though having its issues is still posied to prosper. That is why it fears other conservative states when Illinois holds its ground... Like when Quinn stands firm about compaines leaving and what they will find in other states when it comes to infrastructure. Believe it or not, cost of living and doing business is cheap in many parts of Illinois... Heck, even the Chicago area is not bad. I can live in a decent working class area and buy a house for 50 grand while sending my children to a private school for 8k... And still bring in a decent living.

It is a tale of two tapes with neighbor Indiana... They are posied too... Yet, they have never been urbanized to the extent Illinois has been (Chicago area; St. Louis (east)). Yet, both state work off "each" other.

Allen also mentioned his dislike for New Orleans. I was talking to a guy whose job sends him to NO every month or two and he shared the same assessment of New Orleans as Allen. Said it's like going to a third world country and the best thing to do while in town was stay in your car on the main roads and pray you don't get lost

Really... People must really live in fear! Incredible. You should have seen my sister-in-law from Boston tense up when she visted us here in Illinois! She didn't want to get out of the car!

Lighten up people and live!