Thinking of throwing in the towel

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the population of Bills fans in college or younger? All they can remember is total ineptitude.

How do the Bills expect their fan base to grow if they havent been the the playoffs in 12 years? They're absolutely killing a total generation of fans.

Dude, it's American football in the US. The NFL will never struggle to have fans. Plus, people just love to tailgate anyways.

Route for the Broncos. Gotta respect that team, they know how win and close it out with equal to less talent than the Bills. Elway is a great GM unlike that bum, Nix. Route against those scumbag Jets. Hopefully, Bills can make some significant movea in the off season and come back stronger next season.

Route for the Broncos. Gotta respect that team, they know how win and close it out with equal to less talent than the Bills. Elway is a great GM unlike that bum, Nix. Route against those scumbag Jets. Hopefully, Bills can make some significant movea in the off season and come back stronger next season.

Right. The Broncos were 1-4 until they put Tebow in, who Elway didn't draft and didn't have any confidence in. That makes him a great GM? Gimme a break.

Like I said, it's your choice. I grew up with the 90s team so half my life I've seen good football and half my life, I've seen bad football. So I can't speak to the 80s. But this really is your low point? A team that started off 5-2 and got buried by injuries? Really?

I'll never quit the Bills because they in my DNA. They are a reflection of my hometown. One day, they will turn it around. But if you quit now, be a man about it and don't come back for the good times. Because it will be suffering through all those losses that will make the good times that much sweeter.

This season is a low point for every Bills fan that really cares about the team. We started out 5-2, and have gone in the TANK ever since. This happened in 2008, and is happening again now. You blame our 5 game loss on injuries. I don't think so Mr. Pollyanna!! Every team has injuries. That is why we have a 53 man roster. Everyone on your roster needs to be NFL caliber. Half the guys on our roster are sadly not at that level. And most of the others would not start on a majority of the teams in the league. Look at our defense-absolutely pathetic. We have one LB who can play. Our D line is just as bad. Maybe Dareus will be a stud one day. But he has not shown me enuf to anoint him as anything but just another guy at this point. The secondary has been a joke. McKelvin, Mcgee and Florence as your top three CB's? Enuf said.

The Offense has nothing at WR. Don't tell me that Stevie J is a big time player. He has not dominated at all this year. Woo hoo-he averaged 8 yards a catch against Revis. The best receiver on the team is Scott Chandler. He actually is a player. Not a gamebreaker, but he can play.

Think about thinks with a little more intellect before talking like Mr. Martyr. This has been a HORRIBLE run since 2001. When things looked to be turning around, they have collapsed again. I think most of us feel desperate about the situation because we do not see an organization, including a head coach that has what it takes to turn things around. A lot of us feels like management just does not care. And they may not, to be quite honest.

But I will always support them. Just don't make judgments on others when they can come back and root or not. We all have our ways of grieving about what has become a very bad situation as far as this team is concerned.

Definition of ROUTE from merriam-webster

a : a traveled way : highway <the main route north>

b : a means of access : channel <the route to social mobility — T. F. O'Dea>

: a line of travel : course

a : an established or selected course of travel or action

b : an assigned territory to be systematically covered <a newspaper route>

I had a great time watching Tebow and the Broncos this week as the Bills were blacked out. I watched them last week too in the 4pm slot after electing to do housework during the Bills game. I like watching the option game and I like how Tebow plays so it has been a lot more fun than watching the Billsplay

Buffalo Rumblings did a poll on if the Bills can win one more game this season, that is a f@!cking joke!!! To think we used to be such a proud organization, the cream-of-the-crop in the AFC during the late 80's and early 90's. Even Santonio Holmes ripped on the Bills Sunday on the CBS pre-game show when commenting on Stevie Johnson's TD celebration saying "He's playing for the Buffalo Bills..."

19 winning seasons out of 52

12 years without the playoffs

Another year of watching other teams fight for a playoff spot, teams playing in the playoffs and 2 teams (other than the Bills) playing in the Superbowl. God I miss the early 90's.

give it next year and the year after, takes time to build depth. We've been very hurt and very thin on the roster - give me all the starters back and were are right in the playoff picture. You cant play with one NFL wide receiver and one NFL defensive line man as examples and pretend we should be fine. Your outside LB's are Spencer Johnson and Kelsay.

I know this sounds bad but... we Bills fans are the NFL equivalent of a battered spouse, caught in an abusive relationship. Every time you get smacked, you rationalize and "come back home". There is no way out...

Like I said, it's your choice. I grew up with the 90s team so half my life I've seen good football and half my life, I've seen bad football. So I can't speak to the 80s. But this really is your low point? A team that started off 5-2 and got buried by injuries? Really?

I'll never quit the Bills because they in my DNA. They are a reflection of my hometown. One day, they will turn it around. But if you quit now, be a man about it and don't come back for the good times. Because it will be suffering through all those losses that will make the good times that much sweeter.

Good points CB - the mid 80's were much worse than this and the late sixty's/early 70's weren't so hot either (except for OJ)....If you were a fan in the mid 80's post Chuck Knox, you would have been thrilled with five wins:

84: 2-14

85: 2-14

86: 4-12 (sure 100% improvement in wins but still nothing)

For God's sake the team only won 13 games total from 1967 to 1972....so no, these last few years aren't the worst by my estimation in a long time....though I can certainly understand that if you became a fan during the "glory years" you'd be feeling the way you do now....

This season is a low point for every Bills fan that really cares about the team. We started out 5-2, and have gone in the TANK ever since. This happened in 2008, and is happening again now. You blame our 5 game loss on injuries. I don't think so Mr. Pollyanna!! Every team has injuries. That is why we have a 53 man roster. Everyone on your roster needs to be NFL caliber. Half the guys on our roster are sadly not at that level. And most of the others would not start on a majority of the teams in the league. Look at our defense-absolutely pathetic. We have one LB who can play. Our D line is just as bad. Maybe Dareus will be a stud one day. But he has not shown me enuf to anoint him as anything but just another guy at this point. The secondary has been a joke. McKelvin, Mcgee and Florence as your top three CB's? Enuf said.

The Offense has nothing at WR. Don't tell me that Stevie J is a big time player. He has not dominated at all this year. Woo hoo-he averaged 8 yards a catch against Revis. The best receiver on the team is Scott Chandler. He actually is a player. Not a gamebreaker, but he can play.

Think about thinks with a little more intellect before talking like Mr. Martyr. This has been a HORRIBLE run since 2001. When things looked to be turning around, they have collapsed again. I think most of us feel desperate about the situation because we do not see an organization, including a head coach that has what it takes to turn things around. A lot of us feels like management just does not care. And they may not, to be quite honest.

But I will always support them. Just don't make judgments on others when they can come back and root or not. We all have our ways of grieving about what has become a very bad situation as far as this team is concerned.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey, I'm down too, but we can take it.

Yeah, it's kinda like when your old man beat you with the belt so many times,

you just become calloused and it doesn't hurt as bad any more. Of course an

extra pair of undrpants or two doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Cookiemonster

I will always be a bills fan....but what they do this offseason will determine whether I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.....

Money is tight....and I could definately use those $$$ on other things

I pay less then $6 a month to stream my Bills and Sabres with XS Sports John, I have it hooked to my new flat screen and get a better picture then some of my cable channels. XS has been up and running for three seasons without interuption, maybe you should check it out next season.

I will always be a bills fan....but what they do this offseason will determine whether I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket next year.....

Money is tight....and I could definately use those $$$ on other things

+1 Unless they show some big time changes in the off season. I'm not paying for Sunday Ticket. I want to see a good draft and free agent signings that fill holes. Mainly I want to see this defense upgraded beyond belief or no Sunday Ticket. It won't be worth watching otherwise, and that includes firing the defensive staff. If its Edwards and company again, its a deal breaker for me.