Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady has his team in the Superbowl yet again. When has Fitz had a winning season? A season is 16 games, not 6. I have no reason to insult your intelligence. You're doing fine all by yourself.

In all seriousness people really need to get their head around this concept and I am not trying to be an argumentative jerk.

TEAMS WIN AND LOSE GAMES!!!!

Period! Point blank! Without exception!

I am truly growing tired of explaining how QBs have been seen as franchise or not at different times in their career and it is usually linked to the talent or scheme around them. I will give you one example that seems to do the job. How elite was Kurt Warner when he was stocking shelves before the Rams called? All of a sudden with Mike Martz, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, and Marshall Faulk he was a franchise superbowl winning QB. He goes to the Giants with no offensive line or WRs and he is a nobody again. Somehow he ends up in Arizona with Boldin and Fitgerald and he is franchise again that made it back to the superbowl.

I really hope you get that. It will give you a much better understanding of football as opposed to just hating because you are disappointed with the TEAMS performance and want a single target for your anger.

Edited by PDaDdy

I guess he's never heard of HIPAA. Imagine that, a Dr. who hasn't heard of privacy regulations and risking a lawsuit.

Just talked to my buddy who is good friend's with Fitz's doctor - take it for what it's worth but he said he has had a broken rib since Toronto.....

Probably explains alot. My biggest beef lately (and I'm a big fan of Fitz) is that he falls backwards when throwing...especially deep balls. Maybe it's the body's way of protecting itself from a rib injury. throwing off the back foot may alleviate some of the pain. In any event, he has seen better days.

Agreed! Since the Toronto game Fitz's throwing motion hasn't looked right, both going off his back foot like you said, and he seemed to rotate his body toomuch, as if he was using less arm and more body. I wondered if it was a shoulder injury, but a broken rib could possible too.

A team with very little talent gets crushed by injuries to key players and the team falls apart. Shocking stuff.

That the coach was able to get what he got from this offense tells me he is a great offensive mind. As bad a group of receivers as currently exists.

In all seriousness people really need to get their head around this concept and I am not trying to be an argumentative jerk.

I am truly growing tired of explaining how QBs have been seen as franchise or not at different times in their career and it is usually linked to the talent or scheme around them. I will give you one example that seems to do the job. How elite was Kurt Warner when he was stocking shelves before the Rams called? All of a sudden with Mike Martz, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, and Marshall Faulk he was a franchise superbowl winning QB. He goes to the Giants with no offensive line or WRs and he is a nobody again. Somehow he ends up in Arizona with Boldin and Fitgerald and he is franchise again that made it back to the superbowl.

I really hope you get that. It will give you a much better understanding of football as opposed to just hating because you are disappointed with the TEAMS performance and want a single target for your anger.

Peyton Manning lost a whole bunch of games on his own this year.

RE: Kurt Warner:

Let's not get facts in the way of your argument. When he went to the Giants, he had them in the heart of the playoff hunt before they "decided" that Eli was ready. With Eli, their season tanked. His first two seasons and Arizona weren't all that good either, but his last 3 years were.

http://www.pro-footb.../W/WarnKu00.htm

Edited by justnzane

th

I don't hate Fitz. I love the Bills. And I do not think Fitz can get us to the playoffs. I have seen your references to Warner before. When he went to the Giants, he had a ring. Fitz has not seen the playoffs in his career. You seem to think that any QB can win with the right team. I disagree. Fitz has too many weaknesses that teams can exploit. He will never get us to the playoffs...and if he does, I will be the first one to say you are right.

Peyton Manning lost a whole bunch of games on his own this year.

Amen.

Let's not get facts in the way of your argument. When he went to the Giants, he had them in the heart of the playoff hunt before they "decided" that Eli was ready. With Eli, their season tanked. His first two seasons and Arizona weren't all that good either, but his last 3 years were.

Amen x 2.

So he was so good and such a franchise QB that the Giants eventually got Eli Manning in the draft Warner's first and only year in NY? Warner was so franchise and had the Giants looking so good for a play off hunt that he was replaced by an uproven rookie QB and released after one year in NY? Warner had a ring!!!

You mean it also took him a few years to pick up the system in Arizona and have some pieces put around him and develop chemistry with Fitzgerald and Boldin? Bills fans would have run him out of town WAY before that which is my point.

Really?...Really? ...this is what you are trying to tell me? Come on man!

AMEN x 10

Edited by PDaDdy

So he was so good and such a franchise QB that the Giants eventually got Eli Manning in the draft Warner's first and only year in NY? Warner was so franchise and had the Giants looking so good for a play off hunt that he was replaced by an uproven rookie QB and released after one year in NY? Warner had a ring!!!

Really?...Really? ...that is what you are trying to tell me? Come on man!

AMEN x 10

He was franchise enough to enter the HoF debate. Fitz won't even be remembered in 5 years except when I am here saying "I told you so."

You guys act like as if a Doctor would not reveal anything to family or friends. I have a friend in the NHL and he tells me alot of **** that isnt out in the media.

I believe this guy. The hit he took against Fletcher ( I believe ) was huge!

If this rib injury story was true, the Bills violated NFL policy by not disclosing it. The whole NFL policy in this area is designed to insure that this type of inside information is disclosed to all, and not "insider" type info that gamblers could use to gain an advantage. That's the entire purpose of those long injury reports that are ( probable, doubtful etc) done every week.

You mean it also took him a few years to pick up the system in Arizona and have some pieces put around him and develop chemistry with Fitzgerald and Boldin? Bills fans would have run him out of town WAY before that which is my point.

AMEN x 10

You cant amen your own quote.

He was franchise enough to enter the HoF debate. Fitz won't even be remembered in 5 years except when I am here saying "I told you so."

He is in the discussion because he was fortunate enough to luck his way into the right situation a couple times in his career. Had it not been for the actual starting QB at the time going down for the Rams we STILL might not know who Kurt Warner is.

You really have no clue do you? What I am trying to get across is that the same exact QB at times in his life, career and in different situations can be considered a bum stocking shelves or a franchise QB. The only thing that changed is his situation, the talent and the scheme around him.

What does this mean? I'll tell you. It means that when this team was healthy and Fitz had what little talent around him that this poorly talented team could provide he was leading the entire freaking NFL and we sat alone atop the AFC east. The team started falling apart due to injury and everyone suffered.

Get it or don't. I really don't care at this point. All you can do is try to educate people you can't force them to learn. You're entitled to your opinion.

You cant amen your own quote.

So amen quote aside you obviously can't refute anything I have said. Typical.

Edited by PDaDdy

You really have no clue do you? What I am trying to get across is that the same exact QB at times in his life, career and in different situations can be considered a bum stocking shelves or a franchise QB. The only thing that changed is his situation, the talent and the scheme around him.

What does this mean? I'll tell you. It means that when this team was healthy and Fitz had what little talent around him that this poorly talented team could provide he was leading the entire freaking NFL and we sat alone atop the AFC east. The team started falling apart due to injury and everyone suffered.

Get it or don't. I really don't care at this point. All you can do is try to educate people you can't force them to learn. You're entitled to your opinion.

So amen quote aside you obviously can't refute anything I have said. Typical.

What's to refute? You base your opinion on 5 games. I base mine on a career of mediocrity. I won't change your man-love for Fitz. However, until he takes us to a playoff game, I am right.

What's to refute? You base your opinion on 5 games. I base mine on a career of mediocrity. I won't change your man-love for Fitz. However, until he takes us to a playoff game, I am right.

What would you have said of Warner's career up to the point where he was a back up to the actual starter in St Louis? He had YEARS of poor performance being picked up by the Packers and getting cut before the season. He had years of NO performance stocking shelves. He had a year of poor performance in St Louis his first year.

With fans like you Warner would have never gotten a chance because he didn't have a ring and you could base your opinion on his career not of mediocrity but his career of horrible to NO performance. Everyone is an expert in evaluating talent in hindsite. Very few can see it before it is given a chance to blossom. I guess I can't blame you for not having the vision to see that Fitz is more than good enough if we put talent around him and keep that talent healthy.

Continue the man-hate for Fitz. It's your opinion. Hopefully people like you with little vision won't run him out of town before he shows enough, long enough to shut people like you up. Then you will of course make up excuses for your lack of vision if we actually obtain success. I will reserve judgement until we actually have some talent at WR not named SJ, they stay healthy and we have more than a second to last place defense on the other side of the ball.

Edited by PDaDdy

You never know. That Rams team sucked for a long time before exploding. The way I see it we're a lucky break or two away from being a major force.

Take the dream scenario: we get M Williams in FA OR Merriman's surgery is successful; we resign Bell, Chandler, & SJ; & we have a good draft (WR, OLB).

Every team has injuries but, if we can stay reasonably healthy this team could roll & people will see Fitz in a whole new light.

Or we can let out talent & depth walk, go conservative in FA, lose a dozen starters to injury, and toss Fitz in the scrapheap of former Bills QBs.

AMEN x 10

after two injury plagued, and lackluster seasons w/ STL, he was brought in to groom Eli. Well, he did well enough that Eli didn't see the field much. The Giants were in the hunt there. He then went to Arizona to do the same thing for Leinart. He wasn't meant to be the guy in Zona. Leinart was too much of a limp wristed nancy and Warner took over that team.

Probably did not mean much when he told a friend. Far from a big deal as far as I'm concerned.....

Any time it involves possible public knowledge, it's a big deal. NO doctor would reveal patient information, even to a friend...unless he wants to incur a heavy fine, possible suspension, etc...

This whole thread is based on B.S. HIPAA is a pretty big deal in the medical community