Please Admit This Season Was Disappointing

MacAddict104

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point the Bills should not attempt to win anymore games in order to ensure a good player at there spot. I'm shooting for at least the 5 pick in the draft if not lower.

It doesn`t make a difference if we pick 11 or 20, The Bills will find a way to draft a bust. This team needs to learn how to win on a consistent basis.. With all the injures we have, if we finish the season 9-7 or 10-6. i would have to call that a successful year. Next year will be a lot better if we can get healthy and add some depth to our team threw free agency. Add a pass rusher in the draft and switch to a true 4-3 Defense cause lets face it the Bills will be wasting away Dareus and Klye Williams careers if they don`t make the switch. Williams is not a true nose tackle or 5 tech, this man is a 0ne gap penetrating beast and Dareus can plug away with the best of them. All we have to do is build around that.

Not all is lost with this team. I AM DAM PROUD TO BE A BILLS FAN!!

I am quite happy to be a Bills fan. This team was not supposed to be 10-6 when the season started, we got some good breaks and played some good football, then had things fall apart a little losing: our top D-Line, or top O-Line, a top LB, and our best player, among others, and we had a lousy couple weeks on the road. We can still be anywhere from 5-11 to 10-6, and I'm happy, excited proud to watch this team try to win its 6th game on Sunday so we can worry about our 7th, and as long as we have weeks left in the season, I am hoping for another win.

For JTO and the tank for higher picks idiocy, I give you some recent examples:

2010: Spiller went #9, Dez Bryant went #24.

2009: Maybin went #11, Clay Mathews #26

2008: McKelvin went #11, CJ2K #24

2007: Lynch #12, Revis #14, Bowe #23

2006: Whitner #8, Ngata #12, Mangold #29

2005: No Bills pick, but Williamson, Rolle, Rogers 7-8-9, while DeMarcus Ware #12 and Aaron Rodgers #24

2004: Lee Evans #13, Wilfork #21

All things being equal, higher is better, but having a young team lose games after a promising start is not "all things being equal". And in every draft there are plenty of busts in the top 12, and in every draft there are great players in the second half of round 1. So just keep trying to win every game, and that will help us get better more than sliding up a few slots in the early mock drafts.

Go Bills!

there is no shame for rooting for the underdog.

and there shouldn't be shame for rooting for a team that is showing signs of turning the corner -- just not as fast as many might want. and given the 11 seasons -- perhaps going on 12 -- of missing the playoffs, patience is at a premium i'm sure.

though, i'm not exactly sure what -- beyond keeping Lee Evans and Geoff Hangartner -- this team could've had done during this latest rebuilding process.

i see progress. and i believe the clock starts ticking next season on whether the new regime has it right.

if you're humiliated to being a Bills fan, then i guess that's your perogative.

as for all these busts who end up being productive for other teams, that's quite a flawed and kneejerk argument, as is how this team "completely" might have let everyone down. most sober observers (and i can't really say that given the time of night) had the Bills hopefully getting past the Dolphins this season and preparing to make a serious run next season.

there is nothing i've seen so far to show me that timetable has changed.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

there is no shame for rooting for the underdog.

and there shouldn't be shame for rooting for a team that is showing signs of turning the corner -- just not as fast as many might want. and given the 11 seasons -- perhaps going on 12 -- of missing the playoffs, patience is at a premium i'm sure.

though, i'm not exactly what -- beyond keeping Lee Evans and Geoff Hangartner -- this team could've had done during this latest rebuilding process.

i see progress. and i believe the clock starts ticking next season on whether the new regime has it right.

if you're humiliated to being a Bills fan, then i guess that's you're perogative.

as for all these busts who end up being productive for other teams, that's quite a flawed and kneejerk argument, as is how this team "completely" might have let everyone down. most sober observers (and i can't really say that given the time of night) had the Bills hopefully getting past the Dolphins this season and preparing to make a serious run next season.

there is nothing i've seen so far to show me that timetable has changed.

jw

jw,

Nice post and a very succint summation of where the Bills appear to hopefully be heading. No shame in rooting for them, but damn if there isn't frustration galore.

HELL NO!!!!! For those who are close to me, my name is BILLS NATION or simply BUFFALO!! One team ..... one loyalty......one heart that beats for the Buffalo bills. I'm proud to be a Bills fan. We had a good run making it to four consecutive super bowls and we will rise again!!

I'm usually at work with eagles fans and a few steelers fans. However, when they see me they say BILLS NATION OR BUFFALO!

I tell them, "YOU KNOW IT!! THAT'S TOMB STONE MATERIAL!!"

I get respect for being a Bills fan. Also, its amazing how many eagles fans I have pulling for the bills every week!!

I am incredibly proud to be a fan of the buffalo bills. Go find a team you can be proud of...

I wish I wasn't but... 12 years without playoffs, countless busted draft picks that end up being productive for other teams, and a antiquated owner who selects subpar individuals to run this team. Yeah I am HUMILIATED to be a Bills fan, especially when they completely let us down (again) this year.

I hope all of you "7-9 is better than 4-12" people are happy watching OTHER teams play in January because I'm sure not. This was a 7-9 team BEFORE we started "rebuilding" with Buddy Nix. We actually got worse after firing Jauron.

Face it - We are a pathetic franchise. No matter how many illogical yet positive comments people write, we know it's true.

The Bills are a really really really poorly run franchise and they are an embarrassment to the good people of WNY.

SCREW YOU RALLH WILSON AND BILLS FRONT OFFICE....WE DESERVE BETTER