3rd and 11...Why blitz a corner?

EldaBillsFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have been playing great man to man coverage for most of the game...it was a horrible call....and YES stevie dropped pass was huge...but it never get there if we stop them on a Critical 3 and long

Excellent point. We didn't blitz all game and decided to do it at the most critical point in the 4th quarter. And they didn't even disguise the blitz..easy read for Sanchez to make.Goes to show more of Edwards incompetence as DC.

Excellent point. We didn't blitz all game and decided to do it at the most critical point in the 4th quarter. And they didn't even disguise the blitz..easy read for Sanchez to make.Goes to show more of Edwards incompetence as DC.

Exactly! I could have read that blitz....worse case scenario you could have blitz the safety

You have been playing great man to man coverage for most of the game...it was a horrible call....and YES stevie dropped pass was huge...but it never get there if we stop them on a Critical 3 and long

I assume you're talking about the blitz on Burress' amazing catch?

I'm okay with that call--it was aggressive, but it did exactly what it was designed to do--hurry Sanchez into a quick, high risk throw. I think you just tip your cap to Burress on an unreal one-handed catch.

I'm okay with that call--it was aggressive, but it did exactly what it was designed to do--hurry Sanchez into a quick, high risk throw. I think you just tip your cap to Burress on an unreal one-handed catch.

I didn't have a problem with the call, either. I had a problem with how our DBs executed the blitz. They did a piss poor job of disguising it and tipping their hand. Made it way too easy for Sanchez to read and make the adjustment. And still, it took a hell of an effort and a great catch by Burress. If it's anybody but Burress, they don't have the length to make the grab.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't even think that was the worst part... How do 3 receivers for the jets get wide open in the end zone. It's embarrassing

Sanchez had all damn day to stroll around and find Holmes. The D line generates absolutely no pass rush to speak of. They are sad.

Edited by kobe808lak

I have no problem with the blitz on 3rd and 11. In fact, it forced Sanchez into a very low percentage throw, essentially a lob to the sideline toward a covered receiver. Unfortunately for the Bills, Sanchez put the ball where it needed to be AND Burress made an incredible one handed catch.

The odds of that situation favored the Bills. Didn't turn out our way. I don't see how you can blame the blitz. Would you all have preferred to see them do the typical 4-man rush and give Sanchez ~10 seconds to beat us?

agreed. Not sod ont Edwards. ON the other hand I not sure what he can do , the team has zero personal that can get to the qb

I have no problem with the blitz on 3rd and 11. In fact, it forced Sanchez into a very low percentage throw, essentially a lob to the sideline toward a covered receiver. Unfortunately for the Bills, Sanchez put the ball where it needed to be AND Burress made an incredible one handed catch.

The odds of that situation favored the Bills. Didn't turn out our way. I don't see how you can blame the blitz. Would you all have preferred to see them do the typical 4-man rush and give Sanchez ~10 seconds to beat us?

THIS (these)

I didn't have a problem with the call, either. I had a problem with how our DBs executed the blitz. They did a piss poor job of disguising it and tipping their hand. Made it way too easy for Sanchez to read and make the adjustment. And still, it took a hell of an effort and a great catch by Burress. If it's anybody but Burress, they don't have the length to make the grab.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly, the blitz forced Sanchez into a horrible throw - Burress just saved their season with an amazing catch.

Stevie Johnson should be taking notes from Burress instead of mocking him...

No problem with it. This game is all about staying one step ahead of the other teams play calling and adjustments. Corner and safety blitzes can be very effective. Like people said it was the catch by plax made for them. Which begs the question when are we going to get a WR fitz can just toss it out there to under pressure confident he'll make the tough grab and win the physical matchup? I saw AJ green make one of them today and couldn't help but think we could have had the guy.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Because Snachez was picking us apart. I doubt staying in coverage would have made any difference.

PTR