I am calling it now...I am behind you CJ Spiller

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's thoughts on CJ is "If he doesn't step it up now then he's out." All he gets is negative energy. This guy is in his second year and hasn't gotten the ball to show anything. I've definitely noticed a difference in CJ this year as to last year(when he has the ball). I feel that he knows he's not hitting a home run everytime up. He definitely needs some more development but we haven't seen enough to judge. I think the question should be,"What if he succeeds?" What do we do in the offseason if CJ actually holds it down these last 6 weeks. What if he finds the same flow that Freddy was running with. I like CJ and I like Freddy, but CJ is young and now is his first real opportunity. I have faith in CJ!!!!!!!

If he succeeds, cut him.

My expectation is that despite Denver's blue print, the Jets mediocre run D, and Spiller averaging 8 yards a carry in the first half...we'll go to the air in the second and lose on turnovers with Spiller finishing with 10-12 carries.

If he succeeds, cut him.

haha. love it.

Honestly, he's got a chance to succeed. He is lightning quick and has shown a bit more patience. But while a great game might be a reach, I'd actually be happy with just a good game showing some progress. I'd be really happy to see him get 20 carries or more. It doesn't seem like we're willing to commit that much to the running game.

Successful organization do not sign players over 30 to long term contracts. Freddie is an amazing story but you can't fight age. I don't care how many hits or lack of hits he has had he is a RB over the age of 30. I hope CJ lights it up because this team needs to spend the limited dollars RW will spend on a top tier WR and/or OLB in FA.

Sure, because RW spends money on a top tier free agent every year. Get real. We have not gotten top tier free agent in years.