I am calling it now...I am behind you CJ Spiller

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this game could go bad like the last three games, where the O-line plays badly and our offense looks like a bunch of college kids out there against the pros, and then our recievers don't catch the ball when they do get a chance, and before the end of the first quarter the players are hanging their heads and look to be looking forward to getting home and away from the field and any expectation of them competing. It could go that way again.

But, I've been an advocate for Spiller since his arrival. He has talent. Anyone who says he doesn't is just mad that the Bills drafted him while they already had Jackson. If Spiller would have played every game this year that Jackson played, there is no doubt in my mind he would have gotten better with the experience, and I believe he would have had some very exciting plays to go with some of the to-be-expected misses. I wouldn't blame any running back in the league for failing behind a line like ours, right now, so Spiller might just bomb.

But, we've seen games where a running back takes over - like Johnson did with Tennessee, and that little extra greatness from the running back opens up the passing game, and give the offense enough life to put up 17 or 20 points. We could see that, and if our Defense comes to life, then we could win this game. There is a chance and I'd like to see it happen. I think Spiller will be a very good running back in the NFL, because the kid has heart, confidence, respect for himself and others - look how he's handled the Fred situation, nothing but support and respect there, we should give him credit for his professionalism - he has the skills, the drive, the will - I don't think his whole life of success was a fluke.

Go Bills!

No way. I would rather be right about CJ being a major reach, than see him lead the Bills to a meaningless victory over the Jets. That would worsen our draft position, and if that happens, I'm so done with this team!! Did I mention that Ralph is cheap.

Edited by Camel's Toe

Problem with that is, if McIntyre is in there the defense knows they'll pass, and if White is in there it knows he'll run. Fred keeps em guessing because he could do all of those.

There is this thing called the "standard I formation". It would feature McIntyre as the fullback, Spiller or White as the halfback, Chandler as the TE, and Johnson and either Nelson or Aiken as the wideouts. They would all be on the field at the same time, leaving some doubt as to what type of play would be called. Since both Spiller and Chandler can catch, it should also allow us to pass effectively.

Just a thought....it would have the benefit of novelty for the Bills.

Its good to see CJ get some playing time. The guy needs playing time and it might be a good thing to have him be on the field knowing that there isn't anyone to replace him. A lot of the time younger players feel a lot of pressure when there is someone waiting to replace him like Freddie. But for CJ he knows that he is the guy for better or worse. If he stumbles a little he knows he is getting more reps.

At this point the Bills need to try and develop a good finish to their year with what they have left.

Well, be prepared to be disappointed then...you realize, Jackson has only carried the ball 20 or more times in 3 games this year? KC, Philly and Washington...and the Bills won all three of them! I wonder of Chan knows that!

If he doesn't, we really need to fire our offensive QC guy (I think that's the dude who is charged with self-scouting).

In general, I think that's an area where it seems we could use improvement (self scouting).

I think this could be a Eric Moulds situation where you have a player who is much more productive in a starting role when he knows he is "the guy" much the same way it happened with Eric Moulds.....I call it the "Eric Moulds situation"

Ultra talented

Didnt do much when he first got here

Given his opportunity

kicked butt

Im behind you CJ....show all these naysayers that you really are talented and put a whooping on the Jets this weekend.....its time to blow up.

It does not matter if Spiller is super talented. We have no Offensive line to create the holes let alone protect the QB. For God's sake we don't even have a competent substitute center who can snap the ball to the QB. Were u sleeping the last Sunday? Thats why we are getting the **** kicked out of us right now.. The injuries to our line is what is causing us all this trouble.

Pretty pedestrian performance is my assessment.

Had a couple decent runs early in the second half, but otherwise *yawn*.

19 carries for 55 yards (2.9 YPC) Fitz had 34 yards.

3 catches for 15 yards

Can't lay it all on Spiller.

Why the run plays that were called, were called, is a mystery to me.

I could tell we were going to run to the left. The Jets could tell we were going to run to the left. FJ, LT, and AP would all have been equally stuffed on that stupid, predictable play.

I thought Fitz was going to get killed on a couple of Spiller's missed assignments.

• 2 weeks later...