I am calling it now...I am behind you CJ Spiller

I think this could be a Eric Moulds situation where you have a player who is much more productive in a starting role when he knows he is "the guy" much the same way it happened with Eric Moulds.....I call it the "Eric Moulds situation"

Ultra talented

Didnt do much when he first got here

Given his opportunity

kicked butt

Im behind you CJ....show all these naysayers that you really are talented and put a whooping on the Jets this weekend.....its time to blow up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't produce, if he almost never gets the ball...I hope he has a monster game...if he does, he might be able to "re-open" this offense! I have not seen near enough of him to label him a "bust"...

Edited by Buftex

To me this is all about Chan now. He has Spiller, White and McIntyre in the backfield. What can he design in the next couple of days that plays to their strengths? Every running back is different, and none of them will be like Fred. Fred could block, run and catch.

What if it tuns out like this: McIntyre can block. White can run. Spiller can catch.

How is Chan going to make this work?

I think this could be a Eric Moulds situation

WR's typically take time to develop, often as much as three years. RB's shouldn't be, but here Spiller is getting about five touches a game in 25 career games. The fact Gailey has so little faith in a ninth overall pick speaks volumes. Especially when you consider plenty of teams feature two backs prominently.

I'm worried. Deeply worried. Fred was more than a running back. He did it all. Run, receive, AND block. His loss is going to hurt this team a lot! Also the salary negotiation could be affected by this injury. I hope all works out well, but I see bad things happening.

I think this could be a Eric Moulds situation where you have a player who is much more productive in a starting role when he knows he is "the guy" much the same way it happened with Eric Moulds.....I call it the "Eric Moulds situation"

Ultra talented

Given his opportunity

kicked butt

Im behind you CJ....show all these naysayers that you really are talented and put a whooping on the Jets this weekend.....its time to blow up.

I think that goal-line fail told the story. His instincts are to side-step defenders, even at the goal-line. It was right there. He had the forward momentum and some space. He went sideways.

I believe he can have some success as a flanker back, but he will never have much success between the tackles.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

1.Cj's lack of confidence and ABILITY to make the change to the NFL level

2.Buffalo's beat up patched together offensive line

3.Ryan Fitzpatrick's inaccuracy

4.Buffalo's WR's are beat up and now we have practice squad players playing

5.The Jets Defense is big fast and physical

Nothing but bad things again this week for Buffalo.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

To me this is all about Chan now. He has Spiller, White and McIntyre in the backfield. What can he design in the next couple of days that plays to their strengths? Every running back is different, and none of them will be like Fred. Fred could block, run and catch.

What if it tuns out like this: McIntyre can block. White can run. Spiller can catch.

How is Chan going to make this work?

Problem with that is, if McIntyre is in there the defense knows they'll pass, and if White is in there it knows he'll run. Fred keeps em guessing because he could do all of those.

I don't see any way we win this game either, but not sure it matters since we're obviously not good enough to compete for a SB anyway. So int he meantime, let's put this "CJ doesn't get enough opportunities" to rest and give the kid the rock. If he doesn't get 22-26+ carries, I'll be disappointed.

1.Cj's lack of confidence and ABILITY to make the change to the NFL level

2.Buffalo's beat up patched together offensive line

3.Ryan Fitzpatrick's inaccuracy

4.Buffalo's WR's are beat up and now we have practice squad players playing

5.The Jets Defense is big fast and physical

Nothing but bad things again this week for Buffalo.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

I don't know where this keeps coming from?

Fitz is 6th in the league in completion % at 63.6%.

If his receivers could catch his % would be higher. He is already 6th in completion %, what the hell do you guys want? Perfection?

Ultra talented

Given his opportunity

kicked butt

It sucks that Freddie is hurt but this is what I was worried about. He may have gotten injured if this was his first or 170th carry regardless but we have first round pick, #9 overall RB sitting on the bench. It is LONG past the time to get this guy some carries to get him in GAME not practice situations to see what he's got. Jackson is the man no doubt but we shouldn't have been riding him into the ground.

Who knows how many games Jackson will be out but hopefully we see some flashes of that Clemson talent in NFL situations. CJ's yards per carry is right there with Jackson and he was almost a yard better per carry prior to the Miami game. Hopefully the kid shows enough that we can use the both of them to keep Freddie fresh for a play off run next year!