I am calling it now...I am behind you CJ Spiller

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's thoughts on CJ is "If he doesn't step it up now then he's out." All he gets is negative energy. This guy is in his second year and hasn't gotten the ball to show anything. I've definitely noticed a difference in CJ this year as to last year(when he has the ball). I feel that he knows he's not hitting a home run everytime up. He definitely needs some more development but we haven't seen enough to judge. I think the question should be,"What if he succeeds?" What do we do in the offseason if CJ actually holds it down these last 6 weeks. What if he finds the same flow that Freddy was running with. I like CJ and I like Freddy, but CJ is young and now is his first real opportunity. I have faith in CJ!!!!!!!

If Spiller does well it will be a miracle, can't make hard yardage, can't hit the hole and his football speed is less than impressive.

I agree that I'd be fairly surprised if he does break out and prove he's for real. On the other hand, was highly drafted for a reason, so it could be possible he just hasn't gotten enough chances. And from what I've seen and heard Spiller is actually very fast, probably one of the fastest on the team. I could be wrong but I recall announcers talking about it, and I've seen have some real nice speed bursts.

The fact that he has to start at all irritates me though, cause Fred was on pace for a pro-bowl season and it's just such a damn shame he had to get injured. I mean could we have worse luck? It's such BS.

For all those people that say he can't hit the hole, I rarely see many holes to run through for either back. I've seen CJ get the handoff and get hit immediately in the backfield often enough to cut him some slack. One thing that I've noticed watching Chris Johnson is that their run blocking is abysmal this year. We are not a good run blocking team either. Jackson did his thing with little help the majority of the time.

Successful organization do not sign players over 30 to long term contracts. Freddie is an amazing story but you can't fight age. I don't care how many hits or lack of hits he has had he is a RB over the age of 30. I hope CJ lights it up because this team needs to spend the limited dollars RW will spend on a top tier WR and/or OLB in FA.

I respect that, but people were saying the same thing about Pat Williams, before he left us and went to 3 Pro Bowls for the Vikings. And before you say positional, so was this -- the mantra was "no defensive linemen over 32' (or something like that). John Riggins had his two best years at 34 and 35. Some players are just freaks. I'd sign Freddie to a decent contract on a chance, if only as a thanks for being him (and it would shut up all the "ralph is cheap" chants)

That said, while I'm heartbroken that Jackson won't get to complete his magical season, I hope CJ gives them something where they have to design plays to use both of them.

If Spiller does well it will be a miracle, can't make hard yardage, can't hit the hole and his football speed is less than impressive.

I totally agree, and I hope we are all wrong about him, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes to succeed in this league, much less be the 9th overall pick. For having such speed, he doesn't hit the hole fast, he dances every time he gets the ball in his hand, he has zero power up the middle or anwhere inside for that matter. I would suspect in the near future after the Bills either release him or he becomes a free agent at the end of his rookie contract, he will basically become a return man in the league, since that is the only thing that he has even shown flashes of ability in so far.

I respect that, but people were saying the same thing about Pat Williams, before he left us and went to 3 Pro Bowls for the Vikings. And before you say positional, so was this -- the mantra was "no defensive linemen over 32' (or something like that). John Riggins had his two best years at 34 and 35. Some players are just freaks. I'd sign Freddie to a decent contract on a chance, if only as a thanks for being him (and it would shut up all the "ralph is cheap" chants)

That said, while I'm heartbroken that Jackson won't get to complete his magical season, I hope CJ gives them something where they have to design plays to use both of them.

What you are talking about are the rare exceptions, and you can always find a few of them no matter what the subject of discussion is. But signing a back over 30 to a long term contract (and I really like Jackson alot and am too sad that the one bright spot on the Bills this season is done), is like playing the lottery, the odds of it not paying off so far outweight the odds of it working out. And besides that even if they did sign him, one or two contracts (could be another bad one to go with the Fitz deal), won't shut up decades of futility and end the Ralph is Cheap chants.

Spiller will succeed, and probably be influential in the win over the Jets.

PFT's headline will be in 14 point font: RUNNING BACK CONTROVERSY EMERGES IN BUFFALO

ESPN jumps on the Spiller train.

This board erupts in a Jackson/Spiller debate that eclipses the famed Johnson/Flutie debate.

The injustice of Fred Jackson not getting paid will continue because the cosmic forces really didn't like the cafeteria food at Coe College the one time they were called in for a Kohawks game.

I don't think there are many people who don't want him to succeed. Those that said they don't think he will haven't seen anything to make them think that he will. They would probably love to have to eat their words.

We're all waiting to see the Wow Factor.

Gaily and Nix sure have. But us? No.

Everyone's thoughts on CJ is "If he doesn't step it up now then he's out." All he gets is negative energy. This guy is in his second year and hasn't gotten the ball to show anything. I've definitely noticed a difference in CJ this year as to last year(when he has the ball). I feel that he knows he's not hitting a home run everytime up. He definitely needs some more development but we haven't seen enough to judge. I think the question should be,"What if he succeeds?" What do we do in the offseason if CJ actually holds it down these last 6 weeks. What if he finds the same flow that Freddy was running with. I like CJ and I like Freddy, but CJ is young and now is his first real opportunity. I have faith in CJ!!!!!!!

I think it is hard to compare our offensive line with Wood and Bell to what CJ has to work with. You can also factor all the injuries to wide receiver making our offense more run based. It is very possible that CJ will not succeed but it may not be totally his fault. I like his speed and athleticism and believe he has made great strides this year but I would be pleasantly surprised if he can overcome all the adversity in front of him. I always think positive and hope for the best. I don't think anyone wants our beloved Bills to fail. We are just being rational based on what we see but everyone is pulling for him.

Everyone's thoughts on CJ is "If he doesn't step it up now then he's out." All he gets is negative energy. This guy is in his second year and hasn't gotten the ball to show anything. I've definitely noticed a difference in CJ this year as to last year(when he has the ball). I feel that he knows he's not hitting a home run everytime up. He definitely needs some more development but we haven't seen enough to judge. I think the question should be,"What if he succeeds?" What do we do in the offseason if CJ actually holds it down these last 6 weeks.

Along with the boogeyman and super aids, CJ exceeding expectations just isn't something that will happen in real life

I always thought the excuse was that he didnt fit our defense (the cover two). I roncially he went on to three pro bowls playing in the Vikings cover two defense....

this is a great question. I love Fred Jackson but the over thirty part is of great concern. If after the final 6 games CJ proves he can't do it then you HAVE to go sign Fred. If he proves he can then I would like to see us let Fred go and get a veteran WR, come to think of it just sign the WR no matter what happens.

"What if CJ Succeeds?" = We'll all be happy! And say: "It's about time."

Then all the people that were on here two weeks ago saying can Spiller now will be telling how they knew it all along that he was a stud. Or if he fails the same people that would say they knew he would be great will say how much they knew he would fail.

Well, with you here. If he does well would like to see more two back sets.

Edited by fansince88

What i've been wondering is although i know Fred is a monster of a player most other teams have a 2 back system so they don't wear out there backs but it's been like they were riding Fred pretty hard & now we don't have him .

I'm not saying it's from the direct result of over using him but wouldn't you think with some one like CJ as the #2 back that we would have used more 2 back sets with motion or at least use a 2 back set with our Full back Mcntyre to open up holes for both Fred & CJ ??

We almost exclusively use a single back set or a empty back field & personally i think there is so much more that we could have done using all of our backs to confuse opponents but now with our #1 gone for the season they will have to depend on a guy that they seemingly didn't really try to get prepared for what lies ahead of him .

I like CJ & i hope he just tears it up when he gets this chance , he's got all the tools & he definitely has the speed i just hope his natural talent & vision takes over for him & he doesn't try to do to much that always hurts a young player .

GO CJ ------ GO BILLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible, the fan base has already proven that he cannot play in the NFL and is a bust, like many people have about Tebow too. Some think he probably should have been cut as soon as they called his name at #9 on draft day

And obviously if he does well you cut Freddy the next day, you can't have more then one good RB on your roster