Let's talk about the DRAFT

Juror#8

Trade the pick for a pass rusher (like the Raiders did with Richard Seynour. Or trade it for 2-3 later round picks. We suck at picking in the first round (Losman, McCargo, Whitner, Evans, Maybin, McKelvin Spiller, etc)

UGH! you may be right! But wont happen with Nix, he did good with Dareus who will be a great player (at END!) and am begrudgingly giving him a pass on Spiller because if he actually was a touchdown machine that would be great, even though we had two good backs and had needs everywhere else. I think Chan was in his ear on that one and last year he went with what he new was a good pick in Marcel.

We are going heavy SEC on defense. On offense we need more quality lineman to provide depth and a starting right Left tackle.

and an elite QB.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School

1 1 Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB Stanford

1 2 Carolina Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State

1 3 Minnesota Matt Kalil OT USC

1 4 St Louis Morris Claiborne CB LSU

1 5 Washington Matt Barkley QB USC

1 6 Jacksonville Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina

1 7 Arizona Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

1 8 Buffalo Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

After That (correct answer in bold):

2 40 Buffalo Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech or Brandon Weeden QB Okla State

3 72 Buffalo Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas or Alex Okafor OLB34 Texas

4 103 Buffalo Trevor Guyton DE34 California or Kellen Moore QB Boise State

4 120 Buffalo Brandon Mosley OT Auburn or Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State

5 135 Buffalo Ryan Broyles WRF Oklahoma or Desmond Trufant CB Washington

6 167 Buffalo Deangelo Peterson TE LSU or Malik Jackson OLB34 Tennessee

7 208 Buffalo Johnathan Jenkins DT34 Georgia or Cobi Hamilton WRF Arkansas

I like it. Especially the top 3.

Yeah I can't wait until we usurp the Dolphins for last place and draft ahead of them. I see a couple teams that really need a QB and we'll be ahead of themm hopefully in the draft next year. So here are the teams and the rankings of the ones that need a QB in the upcoming draft.

-The Redskins: They are the only team I can see that stands in our way (besides the Colts obviously) I mean they have Rex Grossman starting and basically losing them games. One thing that could be our saving grace is Dan Snyder signing Matt Flynn and believing him to be the starter.

-The Dolphins: Oh the Phins, I love you for being one of the hottest second half teams of the season and basically playing yourself out of drafting a good QB and you will probably beat us at home and embarass us at home next time we face you. You guys are my new favorite team.

-The Seahawks: They have alot of fight and play the Cardinals and Rams once each...nuff said.

-The Browns: Colt McCoy doesn't have enough weapons to be judged yet.

-The Chiefs: Another team that has alot of fight and just claimed Kyle Orton.

I think it's safe to say we could either have a shot at Barkley and RG3 in the upcoming draft. What do you guys think?

No shot at Barkley and I havent seen a mock first round with RG3 in it. So I guess you could get him in the 2nd. Me I think we got bigger holes than QB.

I concur. If you can't judge Colt McCoy yet, then I don't think you can close the book on Fitz yet either. Fitz has a decent #2 WR in Stevie Johnson and

a good 4th WR in David Nelson. Campbell is a better TE than the BIlls have had in about 10 years, but he is still no better than a middling starting

TE. The OL has been significantly compromised by injury and that has hurt badly too.

I am by no means saying that I necessarily believe Fitz is a good starting QB, but I can't say that he couldn't be. Further, I don't believe that

Barkley is worth taking that high and RG3 has a lot of questions around him and likely won't go in round 1 at all.

I think this team still has to address the defense with pass rushers early and, if they stray from that, they need pass catching talent.

I concur. If you can't judge Colt McCoy yet, then I don't think you can close the book on Fitz yet either. Fitz has a decent #2 WR in Stevie Johnson and

a good 4th WR in David Nelson. Campbell is a better TE than the BIlls have had in about 10 years, but he is still no better than a middling starting

TE. The OL has been significantly compromised by injury and that has hurt badly too.

I am by no means saying that I necessarily believe Fitz is a good starting QB, but I can't say that he couldn't be. Further, I don't believe that

Barkley is worth taking that high and RG3 has a lot of questions around him and likely won't go in round 1 at all.

I think this team still has to address the defense with pass rushers early and, if they stray from that, they need pass catching talent.

Well Robert Griffin III can carry a team and Matt Barkley plays with alot of passion. Also Fitz isn't a second year starter like McCoy, He sucked playing on Cincy, also David Nelson is a great possession reciever, Chandler is a good tight end, Fred Jackson is a good YPS back, and Stevie is a good/solid #1

Well Robert Griffin III can carry a team and Matt Barkley plays with alot of passion. Also Fitz isn't a second year starter like McCoy, He sucked playing on Cincy, also David Nelson is a great possession reciever, Chandler is a good tight end, Fred Jackson is a good YPS back, and Stevie is a good/solid #1

Do you really want to stack Stevie up against the #1 WRs in the league? If so, he is not in the top 20 or so. He is a pretty good

#2 WR with a way-overblown ego.

David Nelson is not "great" in any stretch of the imagination. He is a pretty good #3 WR option, but is not a big-play guy at

all. All in all, I'd like to keep Nelson, but don't confuse him with a viable #2 starting WR in the NFL.

Campbell is a nice story and he is far better than the garbage that the Bills have paraded out at TE for the last 10 years, but

that doesn't mean that he is a "good TE". If you stack up the starting TEs in the NFL, I think you'll find that he is in the bottom

third of starters.

Edited by OldTimer1960

If RG3 is available you take him. Esp. if he is avaialble in the 2nd round. But Buddy will try to be cute and draft a CB. Wish we had Andy Dalton right now instead of Fitz. Guy has a cannon, is accurrate, and much better than Fitz and is only a rookie.

Do you really want to stack Stevie up against the #1 WRs in the league? If so, he is not in the top 20 or so. He is a pretty good

#2 WR with a way-overblown ego.

David Nelson is not "great" in any stretch of the imagination. He is a pretty good #3 WR option, but is not a big-play guy at

all. All in all, I'd like to keep Nelson, but don't confuse him with a viable #2 starting WR in the NFL.

Campbell is a nice story and he is far better than the garbage that the Bills have paraded out at TE for the last 10 years, but

that doesn't mean that he is a "good TE". If you stack up the starting TEs in the NFL, I think you'll find that he is in the bottom

third of starters.

When I say great "possesion" reciever I'm talking about great at actually catching the ball, Chandler is like Tony Gonzalez compared to the TE's we've had the past decade, Stevie would be great if he had a deep threat on the other side of him.

The bills wont draft a qb high. No way. To many people have signed their contracts to Fitz.

The Bills didnt have to do anything this year. They (Gailey, Nix, Whaley) felt Fitz could lead us for the next 6 years so they signed him. If they cut bait on Fitz they will send a big eff U to the rest of the team.

You want the Bills so get some quality FAs? Show some loyalty and reward your best players. Like it or not Fitz is a big reason we have had any success this year.

The bills wont draft a qb high. No way. To many people have signed their contracts to Fitz.

The Bills didnt have to do anything this year. They (Gailey, Nix, Whaley) felt Fitz could lead us for the next 6 years so they signed him. If they cut bait on Fitz they will send a big eff U to the rest of the team.

You want the Bills so get some quality FAs? Show some loyalty and reward your best players. Like it or not Fitz is a big reason we have had any success this year.

If you look at the needs of this team, Fitz at QB is actually a very LOW priority. Knowing this team's draft history it would not surprise me to see them select a QB in the 1st, only to ignore the needs of the rest of the team.

Doesn't matter where the Bills draft or who they draft, Nix will botch the pick. No other team gave him a chance to be a GM for a reason. Just like no other team gave Gailey another chance to be a head coach. They were cheap, stopgap picks to get Ralph closer to the point where he (or his estate) pulls the plug on Buffalo. The odds of Buffalo ever seeing another playoff team are growing dimmer and dimmer. Every day that goes by without a firm agreement for an extension of the lease is another tiny nail in Buffalo's NFL coffin. After all these years of futility it is virtually impossible to be optimistic about this team. Not that I'll stop rooting for them, until they move to another city, but frustrating doesn't come close to expressing what it is like to be a Bills' fan.

I used DraftTek's simulator to make a draft of players from LSU-Alabama-OkSt-Stanford-Oregon, because they know how to win.

1 8 Buffalo Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

2 40 Buffalo Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

3 72 Cliff Harris CB Oregon

4 103 Barrett Jones OG Alabama

4 112 William Vlachos OC Alabama

5 135 Kenjon Barner RBC Oregon

6 167 Deangelo Peterson TE LSU

7 199 Darron Thomas QB Oregon

I switched the draft order to draft around 8th (taking Miami's place).

I had to take 2 QB's. There were no Top 5 teams in the 7th round except for Thomas.

If I didn't take Weeden, I could substitute another OLB, Nico Johnson at #40, but I consider him a better 4-3 guy. Another #40 pick could be Coby Fleener, the tough, pass catching TE.

Astro

While most people won't agree with this topic, but the Bills could set themselves up for getting one of the better QB's in the 2012 draft...IF the Bills do lose the remainder of their games this season, they look to draft in the 5-10 range!

If they do select in the top ten, I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo bets the farm on Luck, Grif the III or Barkley!

Who knows, maybe Nix and Polian will strike a trade for the first--it could happen!

It could be close.

The Colts have all but locked up the #1 pick. They are taking Andrew Luck or trading the pick to someone who will.

That leaves Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and possibly Robert Griffin (although I've heard a lot of talk of him going back to school another year).

Teams with worse/same records than us that won't be taking a quarterback:

Minnesota, 2-10: Just drafted Christian Ponder in the first last year

St. Louis, 2-10: Just drafted Sam Bradford two years ago

Jacksonville, 3-8: Just drafted Blaine Gabbert last year.

Carolina, 4-8: Cam Newton

San Diego, 4-7: Philip Rivers

Philadelphia, 4-8: Michael Vick

Tampa Bay, 4-8: Josh Freeman

Arizona, 5-7: Kevin Kolb

Teams with worse/same records that could take a QB:

Miami, 4-8

Cleveland, 4-8

Washington, 4-8

Kansas City, 5-7

Seattle, 5-7