Let's talk about the DRAFT

Juror#8

The problem is...

What line will he play behind?

What wideouts will he throw to?

What running back will he hand off to?

I doubt Nix will draft a QB (even if he's a great one and we could use him), because we have holes at *EVERY* position.

Bad line play can be overcome by drafting O-line later in the draft. Also, it can be overcome by having an athletic QB (See Steelers and Packers). He can hand off to Freddie, and White. He can throw to Nelson, Parrish (for the 1st week at least) and Stevie. Take this guy if available, then draft pass russher, etc.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to liken this year's draft to what happened a few years back when Reggie Bush, for the longest time, was the undisputed #1 overall draft pick. Then, after the combine and all the information from the scouts and film was analyzed, the Texans, with the #1 overall pick were presumed to select Bush, only to pass on a "once in a lifetime prospect" and select Mario Williams.

I have a feeling a similar situation will unfold this year with Luck. He is a good heady QB who makes a lot of decisions, but he will come with the expectations and the hype that has been heaped on him since the end of last year. In addition to that, his father was a former player and is an extremely visible part of West Virginia University where sources have said that Luck wouldn't play for certain organizations if he was drafted by them.

I like both QBs, but I think Robert Griffin III has the biggest upside to be something extremely spectacular.

Actually, he's not in the top 3 for TDs or completion percentage.

The guy we should take is Case Keenum. He's been putting up numbers like this for a few years (he was injured last year).

Case Keenum, please meet Ty Detmer, Timmy Chang, Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan. What do they have in common? NCAA all-time top 5 in passing yards, NOTHING of substance in the NFL.

Edited by JM57

Case Keenum, please meet Ty Detmer, Timmy Chang, Graham Harrell and Colt Brennan. What do they have in common? NCAA all-time top 5 in passing yards, NOTHING of substance in the NFL.

You may be right. But throwing for a lot of yards and TDs and being a very accurate passer year after year speaks for something. The guys been playing for 5 years. 10 plus yards per attempt--only 2 others this year asre close.

Actually, he's not in the top 3 for TDs or completion percentage.

The guy we should take is Case Keenum. He's been putting up numbers like this for a few years (he was injured last year).

Good catch, he was at the time of the article though.

Case Keenum is legit but he isn't the athlete that Griffin nor does he have the arm. Also, he plays in Conference USA so that may embellish his numbers a bit.

There's no doubt in my mind Keenum can sling the ball with the best of them. And he has produced for years. As did Detmer, Chang, Brennan and Harrell. When you play in that style of offense and throw 50 times a game, its bound to lead to a lot of yards for the QB as long as they are competent. I also agree with the C-USA comment.

He may end up being a good backup or something, as I think he's still a pretty good QB. But I'm not sure he's first round material at all.

RG3 is not only a great athlete, he's also a smart kid. Don't underestimate this guy. He graduated early from Baylor and is enrolled in graduate school. I have watched him play a lot, and he is the real deal. He is mobile, and can make do with a suspect O-line. I would take this guy with our first round pick and hope there's a decent pass rusher to be drafted in the second round. The Bills are headed for 5-11, so they may be flirting with a top 5 pick.

Here is a feature on Griffin.

Meet RG3

Edited by buffaloaggie

RG3 is not only a great athlete, he's also a smart kid. Don't underestimate this guy. He graduated early from Baylor and is enrolled in graduate school. I have watched him play a lot, and he is the real deal. He is mobile, and can make do with a suspect O-line. I would take this guy with our first round pick and hope there's a decent pass rusher to be drafted in the second round. The Bills are headed for 5-11, so they may be flirting with a top 5 pick.

Here is a feature on Griffin.

Meet RG3

Exactly, the situation with the line necessitates a mobile QB. Fitz is mobile but has suspect accuracy when in the pocker. It is made even worse when he is scrambling outside the pocket.

And though Fitz is mobile, he's certainly not fast or particularly elusive.

Great feature btw!

• 2 weeks later...

Season's over. We'll be 5-11 or 6-10. It should be good enough for a top ten pick!!! THIS is when the real fun for the Bills fans starts!!! This is when our vivid imaginations come into play and reality is suspended until the season starts.

Season's over. We'll be 5-11 or 6-10. It should be good enough for a top ten pick!!! THIS is when the real fun for the Bills fans starts!!! This is when our vivid imaginations come into play and reality is suspended until the season starts.

This will work good for us as we can draft Tannehill in the second, which keep every one calm as we don't take the best defensive player in the first. Then we can draft:

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Ala, Courtney Upshaw OLB ALA, Alameda Ta'amu NT Wash, or Whitney Mercilus OLB Ill.

Trade the pick for a pass rusher (like the Raiders did with Richard Seynour. Or trade it for 2-3 later round picks. We suck at picking in the first round (Losman, McCargo, Whitner, Evans, Maybin, McKelvin Spiller, etc)

Edited by Maddog69

Round Pick Team Selection Psn School

1 1 Indianapolis Andrew Luck QB Stanford

1 2 Carolina Justin Blackmon WRF Oklahoma State

1 3 Minnesota Matt Kalil OT USC

1 4 St Louis Morris Claiborne CB LSU

1 5 Washington Matt Barkley QB USC

1 6 Jacksonville Alshon Jeffery WRF South Carolina

1 7 Arizona Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama

1 8 Buffalo Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

After That (correct answer in bold):

2 40 Buffalo Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech or Brandon Weeden QB Okla State