eric wood and the oline

b-dynasty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Best offensive lineman is out. Fitz will now have exactly .5 seconds to throw the ball before getting hammered by 3 players from the other team. Wood is tough. Hopefully he comes back from this like he did the leg injury a few years ago.

Levitre is the best lineman but your point is well taken.

Ok dont panic. Ralph Wilson at LT, Russ Brandon at C and we can hire the old guy from the six flags commercial to replace Florance and Mckelvin.

Oh and I dont think hurring Fitz is going to make him any less likely to throw more picks then TDs for the rest of the season. He will probably fumble a few times too. Damn Ivy leaguers. Fitz and Lawyers, they both look good but suck when it counts.

Edited by Kachy

Again! Sounds like another player with potential to be a really good one, but can't get away from the injury bug.

I do not see it that way. He's had some major bad luck with, first his broken leg, and now this torn ACL, but that's no reason to put him in the same category as Jonas Jennings.

Dammit this sucks.

So what now? Do we move Urbik to Center? How far off are Bell & Hairston from coming back?

We need to get Levitre back to Guard.

This is horrible news, of course, as it is never a good thing to lose the best player on your offensive line. I wouldn't say, however, that our offensive line is doomed for the rest of the season.

This is entirely contingent on Hairston returning to the starting line-up, which based on his practice time last week I don't feel to be an impossible contingency.

Hairston (Bell??) - Levitre - Urbik - Rhinehart - Pears

For those of you who are clamoring for Hangartner now....get real. He was let go for a reason....not physical enough to contain 3-4 nose tackles. Urbik is no Eric Wood, but he is a much more capable center than is Hangartner. Now, I wouldn't mind having Hangartner for depth at the guard positions, but I think Buddy can find someone in FA who is equally as capable.

Losing Wood SUCKS, but the Bills are just going to have to move forward with what they have. As a wise old lacrosse coach once said to my team after about 6 starting players were suspended for a drinking violation "you gotta run what you brung."

Wood sustained this injury trying to make a tackle following a Fitzpatrick INT. See...it's Fitz's fault!!

He's not only overpaid and sucky, but he's also injuring our best players in evil, second-hand fashion. Damn Ivy Leaguer!

(I beat the idiots to the punch, no need to hatch it on your own...)

Yes....Fitz needs to stop hitting the WR's in the hands with the ball for christ sake!

Yes....Fitz needs to stop hitting the WR's in the hands with the ball for christ sake!

Yeah, I loved Phil Simms' comment following the interception when he said something like "Fitzpatrick never would have thrown that ball if the Bills were not down 3 scores." Implying that it was a dangerous and unnecessary decision by Fitz. Jones was wide open and Fitz hit him right in the F****in hands for f**ks sake!!!! I hate Phil Simms :wallbash:

Yeah, I loved Phil Simms' comment following the interception when he said something like "Fitzpatrick never would have thrown that ball if the Bills were not down 3 scores." Implying that it was a dangerous and unnecessary decision by Fitz. Jones was wide open and Fitz hit him right in the F****in hands for f**ks sake!!!! I hate Phil Simms :wallbash:

I like Phil Simms, but I also heard that ridiculous statement. Ball was thrown perfectly.

Stick a fork in em' and get ready for The Draft...This Team is done...They will be lucky to finish 7-9 at this point...The way the Defense is playing, the way opposing Defenses have adjusted to our Offense, and now we lose our best O-Lineman and a Team Leader...Not to mention what the loss of Kyle Williams has already meant to the team...It's over Folks...April is right around the corner... B-)

buffalobills Buffalo Bills Chan: Wood will be missed, Levitre move to center and Hairston will be back at left tackle. Andy's smart, competitive and versatile.

buffalobills Buffalo Bills Chan: D Bell will return to practice, Stevie day by day with a shoulder, C White will have operation on ACL and out for year

Who is on the Practice Squad that they can move up? Did they move Jasper to O-line after camp? Anyone know what position he has been practicng at? He might suck but I would like to see if he is worth keeping on the team, who knows he could be the second coming of Jason Peters, pre-payday demands.

Well..I've been saying for years it begins and ends with the offensive line, and that the offensive line needs backups as well as starters. We have whiffed and whiffed on opportunities to draft solid offensive linemen and p-d away first round picks on reach defensive ends Maybin and not Oher, poor qb's Losman, poor corners, McKelvin versus Ryan Clady unnecessary and possibly bust running baack Spiller versus Anthony Davis. We just didn't have fixing the offensive line as a high priority. Wood and Levitre were good picks and I think Gailey is appreciating the need to have 7 or 8 very dood O-linemen.