Lions fans start anti-Nickelback campaign

ACor58

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detroit doesn't have enough homegrown music legends that they have to import crap from Canada?

PTR

I figure you already knew this, but Detroit has so many famous musicians, way too many to count. Odd they chose Nickelback :(

Hasn't Detroit suffered enough?

I think hating on Nickelback has jumped the shark. I hated them right away but now tha everyone hates them, I'm going to start enjoying them again.

You clearly take great pride in your place as the board's preeminent contrarian. :nana:

You clearly take great pride in your place as the board's preeminent contrarian. :nana:

Never made it as a wise man

I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'

Tired of livin' like a blind man

I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling

This is how you remind me

This is how you remind me of what I really am

It's not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story

This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking

I've been wrong, I've been down, been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head scream "are we havin' fun yet?"

It's not like you didn't know that

I said I love you and I swear I still do

And it must have been so bad

Cause livin' with me must have damn near killed you

It's not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story

This time I'm mistaken for handing you a heart worth breaking

I've been wrong, I've been down, been to the bottom of every bottle

These five words in my head scream "are we havin' fun yet?"

Never made it as a wise man

I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'

This is how you remind me

It's not like you to say sorry, I was waiting on a different story :beer:

i'm sorry, that's just wrong cbiscuit.

in a bid to right what's clearly a wrong in regards to this incredible tin-eared heresy, well, i provide you with this bonmot from an actual band that mattered and still matters:

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success

Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dreams unfulfilled, graduate unskilled

It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten

We are the sons of no one, bastards of young

The daughters and the sons

Clean your baby womb, trash that baby boom

Elvis in the ground, there'll ain't no beer tonight

Income tax deduction, what a hell of a function

It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten

The daughters and the sons

Unwillingness to claim us, ya got no war to name us

The ones who love us best are the ones we'll lay to rest

And visit their graves on holidays at best

The ones who love us least are the ones we'll die to please

If it's any consolation, I don't begin to understand them

-- Paul Westerberg, Bob Stinson, Tommy Stinson, Chris Mars (the mighty, mighty 'Mats).

jw

Edited by john wawrow

really so wallstreet corps sending jobs to communist china and then selling us cheap communist crap back here is not important.

You mean banks that knowingly and willingly traded debt and gambled on the USA's failure that received billions in TARP funds is not important to you.

or maybe the fact that plenty of USA Wallstreet corps pay little to no taxes at all is not important... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/big-profits-zero-taxes-for-large-us-companies-2011-11-03

Ok... I guess we should give more subsidies to profitable oil corps, and more tax breaks to the wealthy.. That's going to ficx things now isn't it.

I got a great idea why don't you keep you unintelligent political rants to yourself or a different forum instead of placing them here on a Bills forum like a far right wing douche.

Why so serious?????????

I don’t care if it has become cliché. I still enjoy making fun of Nickelback. I guess it’s possible that there are bands out there who suck worse, but Nickelback IS terrible. I’m so glad that there is a movement out there to say no to dumb suckbag music like this.

I don’t care if it has become cliché. I still enjoy making fun of Nickelback. I guess it’s possible that there are bands out there who suck worse, but Nickelback IS terrible. I’m so glad that there is a movement out there to say no to dumb suckbag music like this.

I'd like to know who is still buying their albums?!? Here in Ottawa, they had a poll placed to vote on whether the new Nickelback song should be put into regular rotation. Overwhelmingly, the audience voted 'No' at an 80% to 20% clip. It resulted in the station manager chastising the audience for giving in to 'Nickelback hate' and not supporting a Canadian band.

That resulted in the best 2 hours in radio history as the station was flooded with callers mocking the station manager and Nickelback.

A great day in Canadian history...

We are the sons of no one, bastards of young...

Paul Westerberg, Bob Stinson, Tommy Stinson, Chris Mars (the mighty, mighty 'Mats).

jw

Thanks! I was kind of wondering what music to play when I get home. Every day after work, my 4 month old daughter and I listen to an album while we do some play time. It's been too long since I've listened to Tim.

:thumbsup:

I think hating on Nickelback has jumped the shark. I hated them right away but now tha everyone hates them, I'm going to start enjoying them again.

Please, man. Hold onto some shred of dignity. Not just for your own sake. But for all of us.

If you must do something to degrade yourself, run around your neighborhood naked. Or arrive at a fancy restaurant wearing nothing but shorts and a smelly t-shirt filled with holes. But please, please do something less self-degrading than listening to--let alone enjoying--Nickelback! :sick: The thought of anyone enjoying that group is every bit as bad as the thought of someone enjoying a feces sandwich! :sick: Even New Kids on the Block wasn't as bad as Nickelback, and that's not a statement I ever thought I'd make about any other musical band. (Except for country singers, but that's different.)

I have stated it before and stand by my statement- Nickelback is by far the worst band I have ever heard in my life. That firework song by Katy Perry is the worst song I have ever heard- by someone other then nickelback