Lions fans start anti-Nickelback campaign

ACor58

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, man. Hold onto some shred of dignity. Not just for your own sake. But for all of us.

If you must do something to degrade yourself, run around your neighborhood naked. Or arrive at a fancy restaurant wearing nothing but shorts and a smelly t-shirt filled with holes. But please, please do something less self-degrading than listening to--let alone enjoying--Nickelback! :sick: The thought of anyone enjoying that group is every bit as bad as the thought of someone enjoying a feces sandwich! :sick: Even New Kids on the Block wasn't as bad as Nickelback, and that's not a statement I ever thought I'd make about any other musical band. (Except for country singers, but that's different.)

I agree with you on Nickelback, but how can you not like music with lyrics that make fun of (1) our pop-culture's hero-worship of celebrities who are famous for being famous, and (2) "jacka$$ millionaires?"

I think hating on Nickelback has jumped the shark. I hated them right away but now tha everyone hates them, I'm going to start enjoying them again.

I think the phrase "jumped the shark" has tamed the lion.

Elvis in the ground, there'll be no beer tonight. Indeed.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I agree with you on Nickelback, but how can you not like music with lyrics that make fun of (1) our pop-culture's hero-worship of celebrities who are famous for being famous, and (2) "jacka$$ millionaires?"

youtube.com/watch?v=B9mpDAJOPac

How can you not like shooting fish in a barrel?

Why would DET do something like this... Get Nickleback... DET is steeped in its own legendary music history... Why get suburban "hockey rock?" I would think the Red Wings fans would even agree... Yeck, the people in Winipeg agree... And that is a stones throw across the prairie from Nickleback's roots in Alberta.

Maybe it is two words: "It sells."

Soft enough to not hate with just enough edge for people to feel "dangerous."

How can you not like shooting fish in a barrel?

So true! I prefer frogs in a pond with a shotgun... You don't even have to connect!

You mean this hilarious piece of video?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI

You know you spend your life defending the music of today, going to shows, telling your uncle that these bands really are interesting and aren't just rehashing the late 70s, you bought enough CDs to think you made a difference....

....and then you see this.

:D

(+1 for anybody who can name the movie I borrowed the cadence, not the quote, from)

You know you spend your life defending the music of today, going to shows, telling your uncle that these bands really are interesting and aren't just rehashing the late 70s, you bought enough CDs to think you made a difference....

(+1 for anybody who can name the movie I borrowed the cadence, not the quote, from)

A Few Good Men?

Say Anything

??

OC don't leave us hanging. What movie?

I agree with you on Nickelback, but how can you not like music with lyrics that make fun of (1) our pop-culture's hero-worship of celebrities who are famous for being famous, and (2) "jacka$ millionaires?"

It has nothing to do with the lyrics, it has more to do with the music itself sucking.

Corporate rock has produced some really dull and unimaginative (for a lack of a better word) music, but it has nothing on corporate country.

Corporate country is by far the WORST. It doesn't matter who the singer/band is, or when song was "created", it all sounds exactly alike.

If it isn't John Cusack in Say Anything... Is it Jon Cryer (Duckie) in Pretty in Pink? Or was it Molly Ringwald (Andie)?

Like the other poster said, don't leave us hanging OC

OC, you out there?

Clear and Present Danger

"You know what you think about when you're lying here. You know you're going to die. You think it's alright. You lived a long time. You had a family that loved you. You had a son that you thought made a difference, that you thought was honorable.

....and then you see this."

Sorry Fellas, I was making chili.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Clear and Present Danger

"You know what you think about when you're lying here. You know you're going to die. You think it's alright. You lived a long time. You had a family that loved you. You had a son that you thought made a difference, that you thought was honorable.

....and then you see this."

Sorry Fellas, I was making chili.

Thanks for the response. It's the only thing that went well today. :(