Lions fans start anti-Nickelback campaign

ACor58

Maybe the Occupy Wall Street People can get behind something that is actually important and make the world a better place.

http://deadspin.com/5856056/detroit-lions-fans-are-next-to-spearhead-an-anti+nickelback-campaign

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-detroit-lions-replace-nickelback-as-the-halftime-show-for-the-thanksgiving-game

Detroit Lions Fans Are Next To Spearhead An Anti-Nickelback Campaign

It is nearly a proven fact by now that sports fans do not appreciate Nickelback disgracing their teams' venues with their loud, raspy wailing. The NHL made the mistake of announcing that the group would headline the Winnipeg Jets' home opener back in September, but organizers scrapped the plan—possibly thanks, at least in part, to the local campaign against the choice.

And today, just hours after the NFL announced that Nickelback would perform during halftime at Ford Field's Thanksgiving Day Packers-Lions game, another campaign against the band has taken off. An anonymous fan started the crusade by posting a petition at Change.org:

This game is nationally televised, do we really want the rest of the US to associate Detroit with Nickelback? Detroit is home to so many great musicians and they chose Nickelback?!?!?! Does anyone even like Nickelback? Is this some sort of ploy to get people to leave their seats during halftime to spend money on alcoholic beverages and concessions? This is completely unfair to those of us who purchased tickets to the game. At least the people watching at home can mute their TVs. The Lions ought to think about their fans before choosing such an awful band to play at halftime.

As of about 12:30 this afternoon, 2,091 people had assigned their names to the cause. (Some sample comments: "Nickelback sucks," "Nickelback is the worst band ever," "'I'd rather drink bleach than listen to Nickelback.") With our help, they will surpass 2,500 in no time, and the bleach-drinking threats will be put on hold until Madonna & Friends play the Super Bowl. And perhaps Nickelback will fall once again.

If only we could have helped save Lambeau from Lady Antebellum.

Nickelback to play at Lions Thanksgiving game; petition for change already started

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Occupy Wall Street People can get behind something that is actually important and make the world a better place.

really so wallstreet corps sending jobs to communist china and then selling us cheap communist crap back here is not important.

You mean banks that knowingly and willingly traded debt and gambled on the USA's failure that received billions in TARP funds is not important to you.

or maybe the fact that plenty of USA Wallstreet corps pay little to no taxes at all is not important... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/big-profits-zero-taxes-for-large-us-companies-2011-11-03

Ok... I guess we should give more subsidies to profitable oil corps, and more tax breaks to the wealthy.. That's going to ficx things now isn't it.

I got a great idea why don't you keep you unintelligent political rants to yourself or a different forum instead of placing them here on a Bills forum like a far right wing douche.

really so wallstreet corps sending jobs to communist china and then selling us cheap communist crap back here is not important.

You mean banks that knowingly and willingly traded debt and gambled on the USA's failure that received billions in TARP funds is not important to you.

or maybe the fact that plenty of USA Wallstreet corps pay little to no taxes at all is not important... http://www.marketwatch.com/story/big-profits-zero-taxes-for-large-us-companies-2011-11-03

Ok... I guess we should give more subsidies to profitable oil corps, and more tax breaks to the wealthy.. That's going to ficx things now isn't it.

I got a great idea why don't you keep you unintelligent political rants to yourself or a different forum instead of placing them here on a Bills forum like a far right wing douche.

Lighten up, will ya? I'll wager that most of the people at those Occupy rallies A.) don't know what they were supposed to be rallying against and/or B.) told their moms that they were out applying for a job.

The OP was just making a funny. Granted not a great one (but still better than anything on SNL over the past 15 years).

This is an anti-Nickelback rant and if for one second you think that Nickelback has nothing to do with our unemployment rate, the loopholes in our tax system, the Euro-Greece Crisis, or the repeal of the Glass-Stegall act of 1999, then you my friend, are the douche.

The OP was just making a funny. Granted not a great one (but still better than anything on SNL over the past 15 years).

Thanks??? :thumbsup::huh: I think. <_<

Edited by ACor58

I only see one political rant in this thread and I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the harmless joke that you responded to...

1) nickleback stinks.

2) just because they're from Canada makes no difference.

3) Americans are the ones who made them popular, so who's to blame.

4) Americans are also the ones who provided us with creed.

5) puh-lease refer blame elsewhere.

thanks.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

1) nickleback stinks.

2) just because they're from Canada makes no difference.

3) Americans are the ones who made them popular, so who's to blame.

4) Americans are also the ones who provided us with creed.

5) puh-lease refer blame elsewhere.

thanks.

jw

Wouldn't it be sweet if they formed a rooster-rock super group call "NickelCreed". I would definitely go to the concert AND buy a t-shirt.

This is an anti-Nickelback rant and if for one second you think that Nickelback has nothing to do with our unemployment rate, the loopholes in our tax system, the Euro-Greece Crisis, or the repeal of the Glass-Stegall act of 1999, then you my friend, are the douche.

Thanks??? :thumbsup::huh: I think. <_<

I was more upset with your dig at Labatt Blue, actually.

Whoa Shibuya.......... Pop a blood vessel? Please dont get this board going with this stuff. This is our break from the world to enjoy the team we love while cheering together regardless of the political stuff. Pretty please?!?!?!?