Aaron Schobel

This is just a friendly visit by a former player. Here is a link saying he is happy with retirement. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2297/player?r=1

P.S. I just noticed this link is from May 26th. Maybe he visits the first Wednesday of the month.

so he's the team's period now?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So getting pissed about guys playing grab ass when the team sucks is lack of character? And Posluzny couldn't carry Schobel's !@#$ing jock, so that point is ridiculous.

This. I tell you what, I miss Schobel a lot more than I do Mitchell.

I never really liked him and always thought he was kind of overrated. Ya, he had the stats but he never struck me as a team guy. Not only that but he never seemed to make a play when you needed one (the INT on Brady two years ago is an exception).

He didn't command that respect from the opposing team that you'd think he'd get with his numbers.

He garnered A TON of respect from the Patriots. They came out and said we are glad he retired, because he sacked Tom Brady more than anyone else did.

He was definitely not over rated. He was a great player playing in one of the worst eras of team history (a plethora of years of mediocrity and crap).

I had a lot of respect for the man. I wish he would've continued playing, but 10 years on nothing but losing teams, and shouldering a defensive line that was lackluster gets old, and wears down on you fast.

I don't think he'd be able to come out of retirement, but it would be cool if he came back to the form that he was in before leaving (and this is JUST HYPOTHETICAL...)

First: I think we should all agree on what qualities a player needs to demonstrate over a set period of time to qualify to carry another player's jockstrap. For example would ranking in the top/bottom 20% at your position be a reasonable criteria, or would a winning smile and big feet be enough?

Second: How does a person qualify to have theirs carried? Is it a honor thing or a punishment. Is this a pre or post practice jockstrap?

I was going to suggest criteria to post here, but I probably would qualify unless the criteria is: "hey, I forgot to take my medications and I have something crazy to say!" Now everyone can argue, call names and correct grammar. (have I enticingly dangled a participle? I can't even remember what that means)

I'm not bashing you at all or intend this as an attack on your opinion, but how do you even get to a Merriman comparison in this thread? So since you mentioned it, the only way you could compare the 2 players were if Schoebel played with a partially torn Achilles tendon. If you watch the limited action Merriman saw before being placed on IR you would see how much attention the guy drew from the offensive line, so I disagree he played poorly at all. And how many solid defensive players did Aaron attract to the team while he was here? The number you're looking for is zero. If Merriman's surgery is successful and we give him a real shot to return, Aaron Schoebel on his best day couldn't carry his jock, so I respectfully disagree.

And to some of the people here who flat out hate the guy(Schoebel) I don't see how you get to that point either, he played his ass off while he was here for some of the shittiest(worst in history) head coaches and to endure the absolutely miserable QB situation in team history had to be a never ending hell, so yeah, I'd retire too. If he wanted to return and get a couple of seasons to play for a quality head coach how can you blame the guy? Gregg williams, Mularky, and Jauron could easily force even peyton manning to early retirement.

Since when is it a player's responsiblity to recruit players? Isn't that what a front office is for? It is even more evident, when the only positive thing people can say about Merriman being here was he recruited someone to play here, when if he produced on the field nobody would mention it. The people that try to defend the Merriman signing make me laugh, it is comparable to the drafting of Maybin, Williams and Flowers, just a total miss. I am not one who hated Schobel, in fact when he retired he was our best defensive player, hands down. Schobel was one of the very few bright spots on this team for the past decade, and he didn't leave with a crappy attitude or bail when things got bad like some people claim on here, because it was bad the whole time he was here. I don't think I have ever "hated" anyone who played for the Bills, but there were people who I disliked as a player, and some who they missed on-like Merriman.

Ralph is too cheap to make this deal...besides all he ever got were garbage time sacks in games that didn't mean anything. He's just too small to play end and lacks coverage skills as a LB. He doesn't bond with his teammates and isn't fun to talk to in the media. He may have put on some weight since retiring so now he's too small and too fat. Ah its been a while since I've read you guys complain about Schobel, why else is he a horrible, overrated player and terrible person?

Didn't he have a pick six against the Patriots in his last year on monday night in the opener, in big game that we should have won if not for McFumble's Bumble's?

I would venture to guess that he could get himself into becoming at least a contributing upgrade at the OLB/DE position within a matter of weeks. In regards to his sparkling personality, I could give a rats ass about that and I doubt the players would either. The bottom line is the guy was a tireless worker who produced.

I would venture to guess that he could get himself into becoming at least a contributing upgrade at the OLB/DE position within a matter of weeks. In regards to his sparkling personality, I could give a rats ass about that and I doubt the players would either. The bottom line is the guy was a tireless worker who produced.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's apparently a requirement of the retirement policy that he come by the facility for physicals and such.

Nothing to see here folks move along

If my company required that I stop by for some type of exam/test after I retired my reply would be "ahhh, what??"

I think it is too bad he felt he had to retire in the first place, loved him on our team and really he is still missed. He could play for us still (I mean according to the scheme), I wish he would make a comeback and the team would want him back for a few more years. I am sure he would contribute and after his years of being the best D player on the losers from hell team he certainly deserves a few good years.

I'm just not cool with him loosing his mojo when times were tough, and now starts showing up again when we're winning. This is a team w/ character and that act showed he had none. If your girl dumped you when you were down on your luck, are you gonna take her back if you hit the lottery? Since Poz said he wanted to play for a contender should we let him back too now since we are and Jags are struggling

Poz was terrible. Aaron was a beast. We could use his sacks. Go to a 4-3 with: Aaron, Carrington/Edwards as ends, Dearus and Williams on the inside.

Is there any reason to venture that guess? I'd heard he was at one point pushing 3 bills on the scale. Last September when he was working out he had cut a bunch of weight and was still atleast 10 lbs away from being able to hit the field by his own admission after "letting himself go." Since that time I've heard him say his favorite part of retirement is not caring about staying in shape/watching weight.

I've heard no reason to believe he's near game condition

Edited by NoSaint