Aaron Schobel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does he miss the locker room or what? He seems to stop by one bills drive alot. Do we still pay him

I think he left because he was tired of losing, so now is probably scratching his head. With our pass rush, we probably could still use him.

I'm just not cool with him loosing his mojo when times were tough, and now starts showing up again when we're winning. This is a team w/ character and that act showed he had none. 1.If your girl dumped you when you were down on your luck, are you gonna take her back if you hit the lottery? 2. Since Poz said he wanted to play for a contender should we let him back too now since we are and Jags are struggling

1. Yes if she still looks good in tight jeans.

2. Yes he is better on his worst day then Merriman has ever been for the Bills.

Times were tough for his entire time here, so he put up with it for quite some time. I think the switch in defenses had quite a bit to do with it.

He gave his all on the field. The guy was a little odd and family oriented off the field, big deal.

We could use a guy like him, but I don't see how he could help us today, a damn shame he had to play for a really bad era in Bills football. (and he's not alone in that regard)

I think he left because he was tired of losing, so now is probably scratching his head. With our pass rush, we probably could still use him.

Times were tough for his entire time here, so he put up with it for quite some time. I think the switch in defenses had quite a bit to do with it.

Didn't he put on like 30 lbs? I remember numerous articles about how he loved letting himself go.

Ralph is too cheap to make this deal...besides all he ever got were garbage time sacks in games that didn't mean anything. He's just too small to play end and lacks coverage skills as a LB. He doesn't bond with his teammates and isn't fun to talk to in the media. He may have put on some weight since retiring so now he's too small and too fat. Ah its been a while since I've read you guys complain about Schobel, why else is he a horrible, overrated player and terrible person?

When one guy does so much for you for ten years and you do nothing to repay that loyalty obviously he is gonna see that and stop having that love for doing something. He was a great player and I hope he is trying to make a comeback because I bet he has at least 11 games left.

I'm pretty sure he cashed some pretty decent sized checks for that loyalty. The Bills extended him twice before his current contract was up, and if things were so miserable here he shouldn't have resigned both times.

Also, I liked Schobel as a player and think it'd be intruiging if this is more than a friendly visit.

Edited by Carey Bender

Quitting when the chips are down is a major lack of character! And you misread I'm not comparing him and Poz as players. They both wanted out of Buffalo. Why would we want any of them back? Schobel was a bright spot in a dark decade and he chose to leave his legacy in it.

Uhh the dude retired, he didn't quit first off. Secondly, what is the incentive for Schobel to continue playing for a god awful team? Just because he didn't stick around to satisfy you doesn't mean he has a "lack of character". As a matter of fact Schobel was one of the strongest character guys on this team. It's his life and career, he gets to hang it up whenever he feels like it.

I have doubts that he could come back and be effective though, without having played or practiced in a few years. He never played in this defense. Heck, he wouldn't even be playing the same position.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I just remember hearing how Unliked he was in the locker room, very "keep to himself." I remember being at training camp and when the D was not doing anything Mitchell was screwing around with some of the guys spraying water on them. All the guys were laughing and seemed to be bonding except him. Aaron was just sitting off to the side. When Mitchell crept up on him and sprayed a little on him, he literally snapped and almost started swinging. The other guys were telling him to chill out etc. Now I love the guy he was a force at end, and I may be reading waaaaay to much into what I saw but let's face it, the guy no longer loved the game and wanted to retire. Now the rough times back then could def try even the strongest hearted guys but he kinda pulled a TIKI on us. Why even consider him coming back now that these guys got something going

the guys go hunting with him at his place ..Kelsay, Wood, LeVitre, Urbik, Williams some others I can't remember. So some guys seems to like him.

I'm not bashing you at all or intend this as an attack on your opinion, but how do you even get to a Merriman comparison in this thread? So since you mentioned it, the only way you could compare the 2 players were if Schoebel played with a partially torn Achilles tendon. If you watch the limited action Merriman saw before being placed on IR you would see how much attention the guy drew from the offensive line, so I disagree he played poorly at all. And how many solid defensive players did Aaron attract to the team while he was here? The number you're looking for is zero. If Merriman's surgery is successful and we give him a real shot to return, Aaron Schoebel on his best day couldn't carry his jock, so I respectfully disagree.

And to some of the people here who flat out hate the guy(Schoebel) I don't see how you get to that point either, he played his ass off while he was here for some of the shittiest(worst in history) head coaches and to endure the absolutely miserable QB situation in team history had to be a never ending hell, so yeah, I'd retire too. If he wanted to return and get a couple of seasons to play for a quality head coach how can you blame the guy? Gregg williams, Mularky, and Jauron could easily force even peyton manning to early retirement.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

I'm not bashing you at all or intend this as an attack on your opinion, but how do you even get to a Merriman comparison in this thread? So since you mentioned it, the only way you could compare the 2 players were if Schoebel played with a partially torn Achilles tendon. If you watch the limited action Merriman saw before being placed on IR you would see how much attention the guy drew from the offensive line, so I disagree he played poorly at all. And how many solid defensive players did Aaron attract to the team while he was here? The number you're looking for is zero. If Merriman's surgery is successful and we give him a real shot to return, Aaron Schoebel on his best day couldn't carry his jock, so I respectfully disagree.

And to some of the people here who flat out hate the guy(Schoebel) I don't see how you get to that point either, he played his ass off while he was here for some of the shittiest(worst in history) head coaches and to endure the absolutely miserable QB situation in team history had to be a never ending hell, so yeah, I'd retire too. If he wanted to return and get a couple of seasons to play for a quality head coach how can you blame the guy? Gregg williams, Mularky, and Jauron could easily force even peyton manning to early retirement.

I was a fan of the Merriman signing, he was cheap and low risk/high reward...But he hasn't produced anything so far. I disagree with the assertion that Merriman was getting constantly double teamed, he WASN'T. I didn't necessarily think he played poorly, but he was nothing compared to his former self. Most of the time when he was rushing the passer he was one on one with the opposing LT, he just simply could not produce enough power or speed to get by. Actually, he rarely got double teamed. KW, Kelsay, and Dareus were doubled more.

Also Merriman had exactly 3 years (yes they were very good years, ON STEROIDS), and has done nothing since. Schobel produced for his ENTIRE CAREER, and not only got to the QB, but also played the run extremely well. To say that "Schobel couldn't carry Merrimans jock" is just ridiculous...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I just remember hearing how Unliked he was in the locker room, very "keep to himself." I remember being at training camp and when the D was not doing anything Mitchell was screwing around with some of the guys spraying water on them. All the guys were laughing and seemed to be bonding except him. Aaron was just sitting off to the side. When Mitchell crept up on him and sprayed a little on him, he literally snapped and almost started swinging. The other guys were telling him to chill out etc. Now I love the guy he was a force at end, and I may be reading waaaaay to much into what I saw but let's face it, the guy no longer loved the game and wanted to retire. Now the rough times back then could def try even the strongest hearted guys but he kinda pulled a TIKI on us. Why even consider him coming back now that these guys got something going

Schobel went on national television and trashed the Bills??? I guess I missed that. dry.gif

I'm pretty sure he cashed some pretty decent sized checks for that loyalty. The Bills extended him twice before his current contract was up, and if things were so miserable here he shouldn't have resigned both times.

Also, I liked Schobel as a player and think it'd be intruiging if this is more than a friendly visit.

It wasnt about money that much is obvious, he gave up a lot of checks by retiring

It wasnt about money that much is obvious, he gave up a lot of checks by retiring

I never really liked him and always thought he was kind of overrated. Ya, he had the stats but he never struck me as a team guy. Not only that but he never seemed to make a play when you needed one (the INT on Brady two years ago is an exception).

He didn't command that respect from the opposing team that you'd think he'd get with his numbers.

I never really liked him and always thought he was kind of overrated. Ya, he had the stats but he never struck me as a team guy. Not only that but he never seemed to make a play when you needed one (the INT on Brady two years ago is an exception).

He didn't command that respect from the opposing team that you'd think he'd get with his numbers.

There are about 4 or 5 completely inaccurate statements in your post, which is remarkable given how short of a post it is.