Pay that Man

aussiebills

This is a thread on who should be given a new contract i will cross them out as they get signed and tell me if you like more added

K.Williams

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson(you have told me he is signed through 2013)

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

As i said comment below if you like more added

Edit: also add

McGee

Byrd

Scott

Lindall

Chandler

As you guys have said, it is great that we can come up with all these guys

Edited by aussiebills

This is a thread on who should be given a new contract i will cross them out as they get signed and tell me if you like more added

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

Hey folks, I am glad we are revisiting the payment topic. In pre season and during the early weeks, a number of folks and journalists hammered the Bills for not spending. Well, thank goodness the money wasn't spent yet. We have talked about this a number of times. We start winning and playing good, the list of Bills to be extended or resigned get's lengthy, especially with a number of folks who are playing at All Pro Level. You hit them all with your list.

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

Hey folks, I am glad we are revisiting the payment topic. In pre season and during the early weeks, a number of folks and journalists hammered the Bills for not spending. Well, thank goodness the money wasn't spent yet. We have talked about this a number of times. We start winning and playing good, the list of Bills to be extended or resigned get's lengthy, especially with a number of folks who are playing at All Pro Level. You hit them all with your list.

let's see if the old man is finally serious about having a great team. we've all watched him taken his cheap route, and it's working. but it's not going to last. if he doesn't buck up we're all going to be seeing these 'no name' undrafted guys scattered all over the league the next few years. when your playing well animosity doesn't last long. buck up buddy and ralph.

go bills.

Cross Wilson off, as he signed an extension this year. I think it was just before free agency and signalled buh-bye to Donte.

Wilson is signed through 2013:

3/1/2011: Signed a three-year, $7.05 million contract. The deal contains $2.3 million in bonus money. 2011: $1.025 million, 2012: $1.725 million, 2013: $2 million, 2014: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3466/player?r=1

From the list in the OP Stevie is the only one who has to be done before next season.

Edited by Carey Bender

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

Bird

And by the way, McGee is playing really well since he's back

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

Also re-sign Rian Lindell.

With the exception of Fred Jackson, we have to re-sign our unrestricted free agents first.

Those players are Steve Jackson, Demetrius Bell, Eric Pears, Chad Rinehart, Bryan Scott, and Rian Lindell.

Also in this category but of less urgency are Kirk Morrison, Reggie Torbor, and Andra Davis.

After that we can consider people like Wood, Levitre, and Urbik (who is a restricted free agent after this season and has outperformed his contract).

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

To give the Bills even more credit, I would add K. Williams to the top of that list as well.

Since he came out of the same draft as Levitre and Wood, what is Byrd's status?

Also, what is Spencer Johnson's contract status?

Edited by DrDareustein

Also re-sign Rian Lindell.

I don't know where he is on his current contract but this guy is about as automatic as they get. Sure he has a miss every now and then but if you look around the league, the pickens are pretty slim for someone with Lindell's ability to kick in any condition. This guy should be in the top 3-5 players that will be getting a new contract sometime after the season. Not ridiculous money but something decent with a nice signing bonus to keep him in Buffalo as long as his leg is still attached.

I checked and his contract is up at the end of this year. This should be a no-brainer considering the amount of stiffs out there like Olindo Mare, who more or less cost Carolina a game yesterday on what would be a Lindell chip shot.

Edited by flomoe

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

Chandler?

I really want them to do right by Fred Jackson. The massive dillemma is that he's 30. I hope that they can structure a contract for him that keeps him a Bill in the long run and doesn't force a cut as soon as he begins to drop. I'd love to see a front-loaded contract where he gets paid properly now and then one that turns incentive based in a few years as he gets older. That seems the best of both worlds.

With such an approach perhaps younger players like Johnson, OL and Byrd can get contracts that pay higher in the out years.

They have to do him right and in a way that allows him to stay on the team in the longer run... the rest of the players are watching!

Edited by cage

Fitz

F.Jackson

S.Johnson

G.Wilson

A.Levitre

E.Wood

D.Bell

E.Pears

I'd go in a different order:

S. Johnson (more playing years left than Jackson, opens up the other WR's and Chandler)

E. Wood

A. Levitre

F. Jackson (RB will not be good unless there is a solid O-line, and Levitre and Wood provide that)

Bell and Pears are not as much of a concern. I think they can be re-signed cheaply.

We also need some cash to bring in a OLB or D-end.

Edited by RyanC883

S. Johnson (more playing years left than Jackson, opens up the other WR's and Chandler)

E. Wood

A. Levitre

F. Jackson (RB will not be good unless there is a solid O-line, and Levitre and Wood provide that)

Bell and Pears are not as much of a concern. I think they can be re-signed cheaply.

Agreed that Stevie needs to get done next, before Jackson.

E. Wood

A. Levitre

I think we have to be real careful about how Fred Jackson is prioritized. I think it would turn off others for resigning if he isn't done right. I'd put him next.

I think we have to be real careful about how Fred Jackson is prioritized. I think it would turn off others for resigning if he isn't done right. I'd put him next.

I call BS on that. If the way Williams and Fitz have been extended isnt enough to show the rest of this team that the FO is willing to pay players, then there is nothing else they can do.

The only people that get "offended" by the way Jackson has been handled are Jackson, his agent, and his fans.

This team is paying guys. Buddy eluded in his post-Fitz interview that if the lockout hadnt happened, most of these contracts would be done by now.

The team is fine.

Chandler?

It took all the way to the 14th post for someone to bring up Chandler?

I'm with ya there, Trader.

EDIT: Chandler will not only set the TE TD mark, but I think he'll set the overall receiving TD mark for this franchise.

(I can't remember, but it is either 11 or 12)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts