Carrington?

CSBill

Wondering where he is? Is he hurt. I see where the plan is to use Spencer Johnson as an outside, or edge, linebacker. Isn't that what Carrington was doing in pre-season and the early games. He looked pretty effective at the time, is Johnson that much better?

Any word?

Wondering where he is? Is he hurt. I see where the plan is to use Spencer Johnson as an outside, or edge, linebacker. Isn't that what Carrington was doing in pre-season and the early games. He looked pretty effective at the time, is Johnson that much better?

Any word?

I was posting about this same topic a few weeks back. There's seemed to be a decent level of "hype" or expectation that he'll be growing into something bigger this year, but we haven't seen it. I think we he was responsible for one deflected ball that turned into an interception against the Eagles, but otherwise I haven't seen him.

Between Carrington, Troup and Spiller the top 3 picks of the Nix/Gailey era are having minimal impact

I was posting about this same topic a few weeks back. There's seemed to be a decent level of "hype" or expectation that he'll be growing into something bigger this year, but we haven't seen it. I think we he was responsible for one deflected ball that turned into an interception against the Eagles, but otherwise I haven't seen him.

Between Carrington, Troup and Spiller the top 3 picks of the Nix/Gailey era are having minimal impact

Was Carrington responsible 4 the blocked field goal a couple weeks back? Other than that, i haven't heard his name 2 much. This is only the kids 2nd season. I would b willing to wait til year 3. Here is to hoping he starts producing more. It may b that our D is so awesome he is out shadowed by all the stars on it. (I kid, I kid)

It doesn't matter who the Bills put in there on defense, be it Carrington, Darius, Moats, Batten, Shepard. The result is the same... you have a 26th-32nd ranked defense because you have a DC that's way in over his head and an HC that's in love with him

It doesn't matter who the Bills put in there on defense, be it Carrington, Darius, Moats, Batten, Shepard. The result is the same... you have a 26th-32nd ranked defense because you have a DC that's way in over his head and an HC that's in love with him

seems like it.Seen enough of froggies D.

Edwards will be released at year end and the LB coach (and Gailey's buddy) Dave Wannstedt will take his place. I can't believe DW came back to the NFL to be a LB coach. Not buying that.

Edwards will be released at year end and the LB coach (and Gailey's buddy) Dave Wannstedt will take his place. I can't believe DW came back to the NFL to be a LB coach. Not buying that.

Are you that naive to think that Wanny doesn't have his hands in this defense? If Wanny did become the coordinator that means switching back to a 4-3 cover 2 scheme. We've been drafting for a 3-4. Switching now sets us back even further.

Edited by Bangarang

Are you that naive to think that Wanny doesn't have his hands in this defense? If Wanny did become the coordinator that means switching back to a 4-3 cover 2 scheme. We've been drafting for a 3-4. Switching now sets us back even further.

Jim Haslett was a traditional 4-3 DC, now he is running a 3-4, saying buffalo will make the change back is premature. Buffalo's current roster dictates what we run, he will make adjustment.

Jim Haslett was a traditional 4-3 DC, now he is running a 3-4, saying buffalo will make the change back is premature. Buffalo's current roster dictates what we run, he will make adjustment.

Just like he's making those adjustments now? Not sure why people think that Wanny sits in the booth and only worries about the ILBs and nothing else. Or why people think he'd be some kind of savior if Edwards was fired.

<br />It doesn't matter who the Bills put in there on defense, be it Carrington, Darius, Moats, Batten, Shepard. The result is the same... you have a 26th-32nd ranked defense because you have a DC that's way in over his head and an HC that's in love with him<br />
. That

That very much depends upon the coach(es). Some use their scheme come hell or high water, some adjust to their personnel. We don't know how Wanny would approach this (if he were given the keys to the defense).

I think the lack talent level of the players on the field does make a difference. How has the Colts offense looked with the same coaching staff this year.

Just like he's making those adjustments now? Not sure why people think that Wanny sits in the booth and only worries about the ILBs and nothing else. Or why people think he'd be some kind of savior if Edwards was fired.

This is a good question actually. There was another joke thread about how Curtis Modkins was the real brains behind the offense because he has the title offensive coordinator. No one with a clue would believe Modkins runs the Bills offense. Yet, by the same logic, there are many that lay the blame for all the defensive problems at the shoes of Edwards because he carries the title defensive coordinator and view Wannstedt, the assistant head coach, as a savior that is just chilling in the cooler on a block of ice, disengaged so far yet perfect for the job.

I think the lack talent level of the players on the field does make a difference. How has the Colts offense looked with the same coaching staff this year.

And that gets more to the OP... How is Buddy and Chan's plan of switching to the 3-4 defense looking at this point? It was as plain as the nose on his face that the Bills didn't have the players to run the 3-4 effectively, having been stocked with undersized Tampa-2 defenders by Dick Jauron and Marv Levy for 4 years. So, a successful switch required loading up on players that could play the 3-4 in the NFL and since the draft was the primary/only way to obtain new players... So far, the first draft class isn't exactly overachieving.

(I do agree that something had to be done, since the Tampa-2 wasn't working, btw.)

Yeah, Moats, Batten, Shepp and Carrington are scary talented. I'm not saying that Edwards is any good but the Bills are lacking talent on defense as well and Buddy should take the blame for that.

I made a statement just like this in some other thread a week or so ago. Somebody responded by saying that my input was hilarious. I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. I have been wondering for weeks why people think Wanny will be some sort of savior. If he is the assistant head coach, then he has the right/obligation to fix things that don't work. When is he going to start doing that? I hope it happens soon.

Who have we drafted only for the 3-4? And who do you think couldn't play in a 4-3? We run a hybrid and are predominantly in a 4-3 now.

I made a statement just like this in some other thread a week or so ago. Somebody responded by saying that my input was hilarious. I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. I have been wondering for weeks why people think Wanny will be some sort of savior. If he is the assistant head coach, then he has the right/obligation to fix things that don't work. When is he going to start doing that? I hope it happens soon.

Scheme and game plan can cover up for personnel issues occasionally. But 6 games into the season, that's getting harder to do now that teams have all that film on Buffalo's defense. The issue, regardless of who's running the defense, is a lack of personnel. Buffalo has no one who can regularly get to or pressure the QB and blitzes aren't a long term solution.

Carrington was 285 then bulked up to 305 to better play 3-4 DE so of course the Bills play him at OLB, I'm not sure what's in the water at One Bills drive because it's gone on through multiple coaches but over the last 15+ years- but they seem to purposefully put people in the position to fail- Make Flutie into a pocket passer, Bledsoe into a rollout short pass type QB, Walker into a LT, Evans into a possession WR, Moats into an ILB.

And Ralph is cheap!