KIrk Morrison

I think it's because he's an ILB and you do not take Barnett off the field, and you do all you can to get Kelvin Sheppard on the field if he is ready because he is the future. Morrison signed a one year deal. If Sheppard didnt pick up the defense so fast after his injury, it would be very likely Morrison taking Andra Davis snaps.

I think it's because he's an ILB and you do not take Barnett off the field, and you do all you can to get Kelvin Sheppard on the field if he is ready because he is the future. Morrison signed a one year deal. If Sheppard didnt pick up the defense so fast after his injury, it would be very likely Morrison taking Andra Davis snaps.

this

Could be he is a depth chart player? We needed another MLB on this roster going into the season. Barnett has had a recent injury issues, Davis is older and has broken down the last couple of years, and Sheppard was a rookie. This team needed a decent reliable vet MLB as an insurance policy against a pair of older MLB's in Davis and Barnett and to keep from having to rely on a rookie too much (Sheppard).

Now Sheppard has looked like a stud and Barnett hasn't gotten hurt. But the season is long its nice to have a guy like Morrison who can play OK if needed waiting in the wings.

TBD: Why is (insert depth player) not playing and performing like an all star!?!?!!

Because (insert depth player) has a better player ahead of him on the chart.

There you go.

lol right. because this was exactly the case with stevie johnson, fred jackson, and ryan fitzpatrick.

lol right. because this was exactly the case with stevie johnson, fred jackson, and ryan fitzpatrick.

Therefore, we should sit at least three of these LBs: Davis, Barnett, Sheppard and White to give Morrison his opportunity to shine - right?

Therefore, we should sit at least three of these LBs: Davis, Barnett, Sheppard and White to give Morrison his opportunity to shine - right?

Given their respective histories one would think that Morrison would be getting snaps ahead of Davis, who is seeing considerable playing time. Also, Moats should've been playing OLB all year except he's "too small" and given the season he's having maybe Wilson should've been starting ahead of Whitner a long time ago. There are many other examples of players not getting the playing time that they appear to deserve. Not to mention the possibility that Morrison has an undisclosed injury.

Your post is far to simplistic, as should be obvious.

far too simplistic? Hmm okay.

So any guesses at the undisclosed injury? I have read nothing about that yet. Andre D is supposed to a run stop guy and i thought Sheppard was a plug in against all other situations as he develops. Is Morrison supposed be a strong side penetrate and take up Off. blockers guy, or his he a ball chaser like Barnett. I thought he was a run stopper with some flexibility. From write ups as he was brought over i thought this guy was going to be on the field and noticeable.

I am wondering what the story is with his playing time. if he is going to be a servicable #2 i stil would like to see him on field beyond special teams. Heck i do not even know his jersey #

Edited by 3rdand12

far too simplistic? Hmm okay.

So any guesses at the undisclosed injury? I have read nothing about that yet. Andre D is supposed to a run stop guy and i thought Sheppard was a plug in against all other situations as he develops. Is Morrison supposed be a strong side penetrate and take up Off. blockers guy, or his he a ball chaser like Barnett. I thought he was a run stopper with some flexibility. From write ups as he was brought over i thought this guy was going to be on the field and noticeable.

I am wondering what the story is with his playing time. if he is going to be a servicable #2 i stil would like to see him on field beyond special teams. Heck i do not even know his jersey #

Yeah he twittered afew weeks ago that he`s healed. Just wondering why he wasn`t given a shot on a 31 st ranked defense. No talk about him by Chan or anybody,must mean he`s realy bad.