Fitz has agreed to 6yr 59Mill Contract

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he continues to lay an egg that will make a trifecta of disastrous extensions with merriman and Williams. Stevie and Freddie can forget theirs as a gun shy Ralph won't pull the trigger after that

oh for crying out loud joe, stop. if we're going to judge fitz on a game by game basis and cherry pick the negatives, then what do you propose we do when he lights it up in some games like he has? give him a 20million a year contract after he throws 4td's in a game? of course not. Dating back to last season, fitz has started in more than a season's worth of games already and has put up top 10 QB numbers in terms of TD's/int, yds, and QB rating in that time span. the numbers don't lie. He played well for us last year, and all of his numbers are up from last season so far this year. he's entering/in the prime of his career right now at age 28..soon to be 29. he's a leader and the team has responded to him as the QB ever since he took over. the contract is fair on both sides, and it's a good deal. end of story, imo.

I agree. The agent and Fitz knew they had to get this done this week. I think Buffalo should beat Was this weekend, but after that we play the Jets twice and the Cowboys. Miami is always tough and who knows what Titans team shows up. If Fitz waits for the 7-9 or 8-8 season to finish and he throws a couple more game ending picks, his money pot drops.

If he continues to lay an egg that will make a trifecta of disastrous extensions with merriman and Williams. Stevie and Freddie can forget theirs as a gun shy Ralph won't pull the trigger after that

Is my sarcasm detector busted or are these two posts really ridiculous?

Not really. He did well in the first game then the next two games, it took the offense until the second half to get warmed up. the forth game the offense stalled in the second half and the defense allowed the the Bengals to catch back up. This also describes the Eagles game were we barely pulled that on off. The giants again did the same thing. He looked shocked out there. No one has even mentioned that he really doesn't look for the deep pass since the second or third game. But in reality, all that matters if there is a W at the end of the day. He will be worth every penny if he can put up points and keep winning. I hope the defense can figure out how to stop being a chicken wire canoe. Every once in awhile they'll stop something or get a couple of picks to keep the offense from going into passing mode, but like the Giants game, flood gates are open and 400-500 yards by the other guys will keep the Bills from winning to many more.

Good deal for both sides. Fitz gets paid and gets paid like a starting QB should be. The Bills have him locked up for the future and at a fair rate. Its front loaded but hey the Bills have to make the floor in a couple years anyway. Also good for the cap long term to spend that money at a time when we have the cap space.

Get Fred first but no more than 2 additional years. Running backs hit the wall about the time that contract would be up. Then Stevie

When you have good players you keep them. Fitz is a good player - look around the league. And he has to put up 30 a week or we lose and it's his fault.

Just this week I listen to Mark Florio, Lombardi, Trent Green, Ross Tucker, all say you got to sign him. Watch the games you will realize we have no pro bowl players then go out and move the ball on offense put up points and win, ready break.

Edited by CardinalScotts

He does not have a great deal of talent. his accuracy is poor. his arm strength is below average. yet i said he has made himself into a good qb with the help of an offense brilliantly designed by chan to maximize his strengths(quick thinking, good mobility,good composure).i like fitzy a lot. i think he is a good qb---and i love his guts and the fact that he doesnt mentally fold when things go bad. but the fact is he is not that talented.if he played under an offense where he was forced to wing the ball downfield a lot he would look just awful. he doesnt have that kind of talent. if he tried to QB Kurt Warners Rams or Warren Moons Oilers he wouldnt even be able to get the ball downfield to his receivers half the time.

Fitz can throw the ball outside the numbers 20-30 yards downfield and hit the receiver. Thats the hardest throw to make in the NFL and Fitz can do it. Hes not Manning, but hes got an NFL caliber arm.

fitz's signing is a no-brainer.its a good move.we have a good QB here finally. not the worlds greatest talent--but many plusses incl good athleticism, ability to hit receivers in stride across the middle 5-20 yards down the field,quick decision maker(usually),gets rid of ball quick so makes our pass protection look better than it is,doesnt sulk,doesn't give up/fold when under pressure.

a bad QB situation can ruin a franchise for years. so while some may think '10 mil/yr for Fitz???'-its really a small price to pay for a QB that gives you a chance to win each week.--.....Just be sure to cover your eyes when he tries to throw that long out pattern---or when we're on our own 45 and its hail mary time-pray for a good wind gust.

fitz's signing is a no-brainer.its a good move.we have a good QB here finally. not the worlds greatest talent--but many plusses incl good athleticism, ability to hit receivers in stride across the middle 5-20 yards down the field,quick decision maker(usually),gets rid of ball quick so makes our pass protection look better than it is,doesnt sulk,doesn't give up/fold when under pressure.

a bad QB situation can ruin a franchise for years. so while some may think '10 mil/yr for Fitz???'-its really a small price to pay for a QB that gives you a chance to win each week.--.....Just be sure to cover your eyes when he tries to throw that long out pattern---or when we're on our own 45 and its hail mary time-pray for a good wind gust.

Hello?

I just responded to your thread about this. He can make that out throw.

And a hail mary is not a fair judge of arm strenghth. Any QB have heave it up in the air and downfield.

Edited by RkFast

Fitz can throw the ball outside the numbers 20-30 yards downfield and hit the receiver. Thats the hardest throw to make in the NFL and Fitz can do it. Hes not Manning, but hes got an NFL caliber arm.

Yes he CAN make those throws---but he needs to really wind up and heave it as hard as he can. So his protection better be good and the play better develope very quickly--because he cant throw the ball that short distance with a flick of the wrist like many high school QBs can even do.

Fitzy is in the top 1/3 of QBs in this league.he usually gets it done.I'd rather have him than some slow thinking,slow moving QB with a cannon.

Kinda worried about this deal. Anyone think he's overrated? Oneguy thinks so...

I agree that looking strictly at skill level, Fitz is not worth that kind of money. But, the Bills need him and will for at least the next few years. Fitz is nothing if not smart. He and his agent recognized he was in the position of power and took full advantage of it. Good for him.

The Bills got a good deal as they have the QB they need locked up for the time they will need him, and Fitz got a fantastic deal being paid like a top flight QB.

He couldn't make Trent look good.

oh SIZZLE

Yes he CAN make those throws---but he needs to really wind up and heave it as hard as he can. So his protection better be good and the play better develope very quickly--because he cant throw the ball that short distance with a flick of the wrist like many high school QBs can even do.

Fitzy is in the top 1/3 of QBs in this league.he usually gets it done.I'd rather have him than some slow thinking,slow moving QB with a cannon.

this post is a flat out lie

Not so sure of all the details in this contract. Many long-term deals are laced with performanced-based incentives. I seriously doubt that he'll collect on the whole 59 mil. Personally, I would've liked to see him perform in bad weather at least one more time before cashing him out like that.

this post is a flat out lie

What part of the post is a lie?