JP Losman signs with Miami

EDinRTP

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked JP. I think he just needed better coaching, really. I wish him well, I don't get all the hate. He isn't the best QB, and I think he isn't the worst QB. He could start in the right system, but he's also not nearly good enough to be good in any system.

Either way, good luck JP. :)

I would have 2 say that Marshal is better then Evans

I would agree but there's a popular theory here that Losman-Evans was a good combo because of JP's arm strength and Lee's deep speed.

Marshall hasn't had much success getting behind defenses in his career. He's more of a red zone and possession type receiver so it'll be interesting to see if they can click.

I've always liked JP. I think he just needed better coaching, really. I wish him well, I don't get all the hate. He isn't the best QB, and I think he isn't the worst QB. He could start in the right system, but he's also not nearly good enough to be good in any system.

I agree and if he does well it will be a positive for us, because they will be out of the Luck sweepstakes. He's a good guy, came to Buffalo with all the right intentions, got blownup by his coaches, and the fans gave up on him too fast.

Good luck J.P. for your sake and ours.

I very much agree. In 2006, he had a decent year and by all accounts was showing decent progress. What did the Bills do... jerked him in and out of the roster in 2007, effectively throwing away any confidence he or the team had. He's been downhill since. it's not often that a player comes back after 5 years and becomes a decent starter given the type of career he's had. So, no doubt he'll probably continue struggling in Miami. But, I do wish him well and hope he can get the fins a couple of wins.

One thing I fully expect... if he starts against the Bills, our D will make him look like a pro bowler.

Is he going to pick up garbage in downtown Miami?

Miami just became a cleaner place.

I very much agree. In 2006, he had a decent year and by all accounts was showing decent progress. What did the Bills do... jerked him in and out of the roster in 2007, effectively throwing away any confidence he or the team had. He's been downhill since. it's not often that a player comes back after 5 years and becomes a decent starter given the type of career he's had. So, no doubt he'll probably continue struggling in Miami. But, I do wish him well and hope he can get the fins a couple of wins.

One thing I fully expect... if he starts against the Bills, our D will make him look like a pro bowler.

Easy, there. You'll get labeled "a nancy" with that sort of comment. :lol:

I have no problem with JP, but your history here, Dan, is flawed. In 2007, JP started with a couple of bad games (one particularly horrible game in PGH), then was injured against the Pats*. The combination of his poor development, and Edwards looking decent in relief (and doing the things that Jauron wanted, it must be added, when it came to managing the offense) is what cost him his job.

Easy, there. You'll get labeled "a nancy" with that sort of comment. :lol:

:pirate: But to give our defense a little credit... they make EVERYONE look like a pro bowl player.

I have no problem with JP, but your history here, Dan, is flawed. In 2007, JP started with a couple of bad games (one particularly horrible game in PGH), then was injured against the Pats*. The combination of his poor development, and Edwards looking decent in relief (and doing the things that Jauron wanted, it must be added, when it came to managing the offense) is what cost him his job.

Points well taken. Yes, my memory is prone to flaws. I had forgotten about the injury. I also agree, I think Trent just played the type of offense that Jauron wanted. Of course, JP played some horrible games. All young QBs do; especially young QBs that are labeled as raw in the draft and need several years to develop. The Bills never gave him that luxury and expected immediate success. None the less, this is all water under the bridge. Thanks for making me remember those painful years. LOL :thumbsup:

It's times like this that I literally take a second to remind myself that this year is real. The Bills finally look like a legitimate team. I'm not completely convinced... I've been burned too much by this team. But its undeniable the Bills are moving forward with Fitz, of all people, while the Dolphins are moving backward with JP. Just funny to say it.