Starting defense -- will be impressed if they play well at all

Kyle Williams is not playing. Troup is not even starting, Kellen Heard is. Spencer Johnson is starting at OLB for Merriman. Batten is starting.

This will be quite a test. Hopefully we'll be surprised. They need to just keep the game close, not make stupid mistakes, and the offense has to produce.

Will they surprise us again? I think maybe they will.

Kyle Williams is not playing. Troup is not even starting, Kellen Heard is. Spencer Johnson is starting at OLB for Merriman. Batten is starting.

This will be quite a test. Hopefully we'll be surprised. They need to just keep the game close, not make stupid mistakes, and the offense has to produce.

Troup is not starting ? I wonder if it is due to his recent injury or if the coaches have been underwhelmed by him ? I just haven't seen enough of him to know one way or the other. I was quite hopeful that he would develop into a quality NT. We will see.

I think Batten and Moats will start at OLB with Carrington and S.Johnson spelling them. I think Troup and Heard will do OK at NT. The Giants are banged up at the interior O-line.

As long as they can stop the run and get a small amount of pressure they will be OK. The Giants make mistakes all the time as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if the D let up a big number but I wouldn't be shocked if they hold them below 20.

I think the defense is going to step up big today. The Giants O-line is beat up, they're playing without Jacobs. Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks are nice players, but neither are burners or unstoppable athletes. Victor Cruz makes a lot of dumb mistakes and frankly, that team isn't coached well enough for those mistakes to disappear in a week. I don't see why the defense won't have a good showing this week. Its not going to be a blow out by any means, but this defense can stop the Giants offense.

This whole game comes down to what the Bills O-line can do to minimize Osi and Kiwi. Those LB's and Secondary doesn't scare me at all. Antrelle Rolle has a big mouth, but has slowed down considerably this year. Kenny Phillips is becoming the same kind of player as Rolle. JPP is scary, but not unstoppable. Again, I think this Bills team is a better matchup against this Giants team. Its gonna be close for sure, but all the Bills have to do is play their game, minimize the mistakes and execute.

Bills 31 Giants 24

Go Bills!!

dareus will see alot of reps at NT, he is versatile and can play anywhere on the line..he played the nose alot last week when Kyle went out

regardless of position, the coaching staff is trying to put their best players on the field...the switch of Johnson to OLB is b/c we only have two healthy OLB (not including carrington)

I think Batten and Moats will start at OLB with Carrington and S.Johnson spelling them. I think Troup and Heard will do OK at NT. The Giants are banged up at the interior O-line.

As long as they can stop the run and get a small amount of pressure they will be OK. The Giants make mistakes all the time as well.

I wouldn't be shocked if the D let up a big number but I wouldn't be shocked if they hold them below 20.

Heard to start inside per 103.3 FM the Edge

Again, Moats is not starting. Spencer Johnson is.

Troup is not starting, Kellen Heard is.

The immediate obvious reaction is that the Bills are going with bigger people in their front 7.

As I surmised earlier this week, I believe that Moats will see 20-30 snaps in pass rush situations.

I think there will be lots of mixing and matching as the Bills try to confuse the Giants front as well as figuring out which combinations work the best.

Again, Moats is not starting. Spencer Johnson is.

Troup is not starting, Kellen Heard is.

The immediate obvious reaction is that the Bills are going with bigger people in their front 7.

As I surmised earlier this week, I believe that Moats will see 20-30 snaps in pass rush situations.

I think there will be lots of mixing and matching as the Bills try to confuse the Giants front as well as figuring out which combinations work the best.

Yeah I said Heard and Troup could do OK. Heard will start but Troup will likely see at least double digit snaps. Moats isn't starting but I think he will play the majority of snaps.

I also would like to see Carrington take some snaps at OLB as well.

i wonder if we will see more of a 4-3 look.....Kelsay, heard, deareus, carrington/Edwards with there hands on the ground

Kelsay is out this week.

I know Troup has been banged up, but Kellen Heard being ahead of him on the depth chart with Williams out is not a good sign for a second year player who was picked high.

Kelsay is out this week.

I know Troup has been banged up, but Kellen Heard being ahead of him on the depth chart with Williams out is not a good sign for a second year player who was picked high.

If he'd been healthy all along, I would agree with you it's not a good sign. And, with Troup just returning from injury, it's not necessarily a bad sign. He may need to get back into top "football shape" as well as catch up with his mind, or, they may be planning to limit his reps to avoid further injury.

if these yopungsters can step in and perform well enough to get w number five for the season, then i think we will be gaining some confidense from the backups we will be counting on for the rest of the season. and if they play well when called upon and gain some confidense, i billieve that is what is known as quality depth for the football team...and i like the thought of that!

Agree, this will be quite the test.

I think Johnson has been playing well. I'm afraid we will really miss Willams though.

Is Barnett playing? He's had the highest motor on the D so far.