predictions

tbonehawaii

We are not on the team so we are allowed to look ahead. And be overly optimistic. Based upon how they are playing and how the opponents are looking I think the following is very possible. Maybe an additional loss to Washington, Dallas or one of the Jets games, but otherwise 13-3!

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not on the team so we are allowed to look ahead. And be overly optimistic. Based upon how they are playing and how the opponents are looking I think the following is very possible. Maybe an additional loss to Washington, Dallas or one of the Jets games, but otherwise 13-3!

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

Seriously I am concerned about the two Jet games. In the first they have a bye the week before. In the second we are playing the third road game in a row - usually not a good thing.

The Jets really couldn't have asked for a better schedule as it relates to the Bills.

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

I think they will split the division games, and I definitely don't expect them to win 7 in a row! I think 10-6, 11-5 seems right.

i know this will get peoples' panties in a wad, but this defense is going to start getting us beat soon...as soon as some of the more creative coaches start slowing down our collection of misfits and UDFAs (not even shutting down, merely slowing down), we are going to start dropping games. 9-7.

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* L

NY JETS w

at Dallas L

at Miami w

at NY Jets L

TENNESSEE W

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

I say 10-6. Ihave been on record more than once saying 8-8 would be a good year and anything more is great. I do BILLieve we go 10-6 and we might get 11 but still make the playoffs.

Outside of the injury game of who has more healthy players as the season wears on, IMO the game that scares me the most is Washington right after the bye. It's a combination of bad memories of 2008 and a fear of the team coming out flat against a better than average Redskins defense.

Overall, every game on that schedule is realistically winnable this year. No game strikes me as a "oh wow, yeah the Bills are going to get blown out in that one, no chance."

Edited by dpberr

Outside of the injury game of who has more healthy players as the season wears on, IMO the game that scares me the most is Washington right after the bye. It's a combination of bad memories of 2008 and a fear of the team coming out flat against a better than average Redskins defense.

Overall, every game on that schedule is realistically winnable this year. No game strikes me as a "oh wow, yeah the Bills are going to get blown out in that one, no chance."

The ONLY game we need to worry about right now is The Giants! :)

Tim-

My preseason prediction was 10-6, and 4-2 at the bye, which is now the worst they can do.

I had us losing to the Jets twice, so those are both now in play. With some luck, 11 or 12 wins is possible now. However, I expect to see some fairly significant changes going forward:

I don't see the Bills keeping up the scoring pace on O, but I also see the D getting better, so the ppg against will also fall.

I see the biggest change happening on defense. I think the defense will tighten up, especially once McGee and Williams are back. I really liked what I saw from some of the young'uns Sunday--Carrington, Moats, and Shep. I think Merriman is actually playing really well. And Barnett...what can you say? Once the CBs get some reinforcements, the D will start to shut things down more consistently.

One of the reasons I Billieved the Bills could be a turn-around team was that they would have a swing of 7-8 points per game this year; that is, the O would score more (18 avg last year), and the D would give up less (27 last year). The O is scoring 15 more/ppg (33) and the D is giving up 3ppg less (24). I think we'll see both of those #s come down, which still translates into wins.

If we are 4-2 at the bye, then I think they end up 11-5; otherwise, 12-4 with a victory Sunday.

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas w

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

Wow, we're going to sweep that three game road trip? Hope you're right.

At this point in time, I'm still just hoping for 10 wins.

NY Giants w

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* w

NY JETS w

at Dallas L these toads play hard at home.

at Miami w

at NY Jets w

TENNESSEE w

at San Diego L

MIAMI w

DENVER w

at New England L

If it's good, 12-4 is a good turnaround from 4-12. 13-3 is pushing it. i still stand by my 10 wins and barely missing the playoffs early season stance.

I was an 8-8 guy all off season. That said, I am now thinking 10-6 is very realistic. I am nervous about the Jeckyl and Hyde Giants and Cowboys both on the road as well as the Jets in NJ to close out a 3 game road trip. At San diego and at NE are going to be tough road games too. So, if we lose those five games and win the others (2 against Miami, Tenn, Jets at home, Den at home, and Washington in Toronto) we are 10 and 6.

Seems like a fun game

NY Giants L

Sun. Oct. 23 BYE

WASHINGTON* W

NY JETS W

at Dallas L

at Miami W

at NY Jets L

TENNESSEE W

at San Diego L

MIAMI W

DENVER W

at New England L

10-6

This seems about right to me. I had them at 9-7 before the season started.

I'd wish for more than 10 wins, but not count on it.