We melt like ice

dayman

This Bills team won. I am happy about that. But turnovers or no turnovers, our defense is simply trash. The offense played not to lose in the second half and the defense played to lose. We still pulled it out, but seriously we are not a good football team right now. We have got to find a way to stop someone at some point or we won't make the playoffs. I know people will probably pour in here and talk about how I'm overly negative and as a Bills fan should be happy we aren't 0-5 but you guys can save your finger strength. I am happy. That said...this defense is utter trash and I was honestly confused about the play calling down the line. How many screens were we going to throw?

Anyway, just had to vent. We tried to give it away but failed. Thank God for that offsides b/c even w/ no time outs that Eagles team may have gotten a TD there. Cinci did came back on us last week, Eagles did the same this week they just shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by dayman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your post is right on and I share your sentiments. I'm very concerned about the defense. Can't count on lucky bounces and getting these turnovers all season. Not only that, with all the turnovers, the scores of the games should not be as close as they have been.

I think your post is right on and I share your sentiments. I'm very concerned about the defense. Can't count on lucky bounces and getting these turnovers all season. Not only that, with all the turnovers, the scores of the games should not be as close as they have been.

That is because our offense did a poor job (today and last week) of not converting those turnovers into points. It really came back to almost bite us.

we have the worst LBs in the league(bottom 4 anyway)-the D line isnt getting pushed around as much as last year. Our DBs are above average.

we have the worst LBs in the league(bottom 4 anyway)-the D line isnt getting pushed around as much as last year. Our DBs are above average.

:lol:

I am worried about our second half play these last two weeks, especially after how spectacular we were in weeks two and three. But our D came up with the big turnover at the crucial moment. That's what winning teams do!

Offense was to blame last week, would have been this week too...

That is because our offense did a poor job (today and last week) of not converting those turnovers into points. It really came back to almost bite us.

You're right. They're winning, but they need to really step up. I'm glad they've got wins, but there is def. cause for concern.

Do you think it's execution or play calling? It's easy to say both, but I think the play calling is more suspect. It's almost as if they are just not used to having a lead and freak out.

There is definitely cause for concern. I'm confused as to how people fail to see this. We were lucky to pull that out today. I was cheering like the rest of you but that wasn't exactly a confidence inspiring win. I hope we come out next week and play tough...I'd like to see fitzy regain some form, he was having trouble with the blitzes today...rambleramble.

That said, my mood is happy and we're 4-1! Woot.

Go Bills!

Edited by NickelCity

There is definitely cause for concern. I'm confused as to how people fail to see this. We were lucky to pull that out today. I was cheering like the rest of you but that wasn't exactly a confidence inspiring win. I hope we come out next week and play tough...I'd like to see fitzy regain some form, he was having trouble with the blitzes today...rambleramble

Go Bills!

No one 'fails to see' anything. We're just not negative nancy's and can move on with our lives after a Win.

4-1 is well beyond where even most of the people who were high on the team expected.

No one 'fails to see' anything. We're just not negative nancy's and can move on with our lives after a Win.

4-1 is well beyond where even most of the people who were high on the team expected.

I'm positive about the team but I'm a football fan. I like to talk about the football that went on not just the Win or Loss. I don't think it's being a negative nancy to basically be discouraged at this point about our ability to sustain any sort of form long term based on what we've seen so far.