Media trying to stir up controversy inBuffalo?

robkmil

Wow three articles about the Bills lack of getting certain people the Ball on Profootballtalk.com and buffalo news and local beat reporters talking about how Chan needs to change his offense. OK people, we had a bad week, before that we were the top scoring offense in the NFL. Why does everything need to change drastically? We finally have a good offense after years of very bad offenses. We have one bad week and the media and half the message boards talk about how Chan Needs to change. Relax people! I hope Chan continues doing what he has done that has allowed us to score 30 points on 3 put of 4 games.

Wow three articles about the Bills lack of getting certain people the Ball on Profootballtalk.com and buffalo news and local beat reporters talking about how Chan needs to change his offense. OK people, we had a bad week, before that we were the top scoring offense in the NFL. Why does everything need to change drastically? We finally have a good offense after years of very bad offenses. We have one bad week and the media and half the message boards talk about how Chan Needs to change. Relax people! I hope Chan continues doing what he has done that has allowed us to score 30 points on 3 put of 4 games.

Welcome to media attention.

Linky

I honestly don't see anything wrong wih this article on PFT:

"When you’ve got some good receivers and you’ve got a tight end who has done some good things and you’ve got a running back playing well right now, you can’t do everything you’d like to do,” coach Chan Gailey said via the Sporting News.

Last year’s first round pick C.J. Spiller has also become an afterthought with only 17 offensive touches.

"There’s only one football,” Gailey said. “We’ve got some ideas and thoughts [on how to get Spiller involved], but it just hasn’t presented itself at this time the way we’d like to do."

It’s a great sign for Buffalo that they have more offensive options than they know what to do with. If you thought Philly’s defense was struggling before, we suspect the pitchforks will be out for Eagles coordinator Juan Castillo after Sunday’s game.

Spiller and Smith are gimmick players or backups, guys who aren't good enough to win starting roles. Yet people insist on characterizing such guys with average talent as 'game breakers' because of what, their 40 times or draft position?

The Bills have two game breakers on offense: Jackson and Johnson. I think the touches have been distributed perfectly in the Bills offense this year.

Spiller and Smith are gimmick players or backups, guys who aren't good enough to win starting roles. Yet people insist on characterizing such guys with average talent as 'game breakers' because of what, their 40 times or draft position?

The Bills have two game breakers on offense: Jackson and Johnson. I think the touches have been distributed perfectly in the Bills offense this year.

Spiller is still somewhat unknown. He is showing signs this year of progress.

And Smith was not used enough against Cincy. he has gotten every short yardage first down he has been asked to- even jackson can't say that.

Agreed.

People on here craved it, and now it's happening, some people are starting to complain about it.

Quite so. Remember, last week the media attention focused on how underpaid the stars are.... There will always be something to talk about, if a team is considered relevant.

Spiller is still somewhat unknown. He is showing signs this year of progress.

And Smith was not used enough against Cincy. he has gotten every short yardage first down he has been asked to- even jackson can't say that.

I'm certainly not saying they don't have a place on the offense and you can reasonably argue individual play calls after a loss, but I'm saying we are not under-utilizing guys if those guys are clearly not as good as the starters who have been performing well.

I just don't want to see the offense changed so that Spiller 'gets his touches'. If Spiller is good enough, he'll make the most of the touches he's already getting and that is what should drive any increase in the size of his role. Let's not over-react to one loss against a team with a good defense.

I agree with the 2 game changers and I think Jackson needs to get the ball more often. He needs to see the ball 30 times this week.

I'm certainly not saying they don't have a place on the offense and you can reasonably argue individual play calls after a loss, but I'm saying we are not under-utilizing guys if those guys are clearly not as good as the starters who have been performing well.

I just don't want to see the offense changed so that Spiller 'gets his touches'. If Spiller is good enough, he'll make the most of the touches he's already getting and that is what should drive any increase in the size of his role. Let's not over-react to one loss against a team with a good defense.

Agreed. I think Fitz said something that is germaine: "when you give someone a chance to make a play, and he comes through and makes it, you want to go back and give him a chance next time".

When Spiller starts getting the ball and breaking those shoestring tackles to make the big play, he'll start getting more chances.

I agree with the 2 game changers and I think Jackson needs to get the ball more often. He needs to see the ball 30 times this week.

Philly's backing core needs to get pounded. Establishing a solid middle of the field run/pass attack will be paramount in this game.

Edited by wonderbread

I don't think that truer words were ever spoken here. Fred is a guy that eventually breaks through a defense no matter how tough they are when given enough touches. Chan talks about being physical, but at some point he needs to show a real conviction towards it in the play calling. How will our line get better at it if we abandon it after a few bad plays. How many times have we seen Fred get 2 yards a carry 5 or 6 times just to see him get on a serious roll. Our line may not be that physical but Fred certainly is. VIVA LA FRED!!!!!!!!!

Agreed ... Also if Smith is in playing chances are that Fitz is on the sideline ... Not something you want often.

If the Bills lose this game ant it can be blamed on some of the same things that happened last week, then the media (and all the experts on this board) will go wild with the negativity. I think this game is critical to either show that last week was a fluke, or to show that the Bills aren't much better than they were last year. I know it is still early in the season, but this is a "what have you done lately" situation.

Agreed.

People on here craved it, and now it's happening, some people are starting to complain about it.

Yea - when romo, Vick etc.... Have great games they get the suck up coverage but those guys get killed week in and week out too. Part of getting ratings is stirring the pot that people want a taste of. People are curious about the bills and now we will be getting a mix of scrappy underdog stories along with a whole lot of controversial ones. You can only write how awesome this team is so many times. Especially since it isn't clear if they really are that good.