ESPN, Hank Williams Jr. part ways

Agreed. Huge overreaction. Even the far left people on "the View" think it's an overreaction. Although, Hank is incorrect regarding the 1st Amendment. That only protects you from the Government supressing speech. Your employer, friends, etc. can all take adverse action against you based on your speech. Still, ESPN sucks. And so does their coverage of hockey, btw. What will they do now that their love children the Yankees and Red Sox are out of the Playoffs?

Pretty much what everyone esle in America will be doing--ignoring baseball and focusing on football.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limbaugh (like O'Reilly and Williams Jr.) doing that goose step dance.

Today on his radio show Limbaugh compared President Obama to Hitler: "Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, ruled by dictate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/06/limbaugh-adolf-hitler-lik_n_253412.html

And these guys are still on the air? Holy double standards Bat Man!

Today on his radio show Limbaugh compared President Obama to Hitler: "Adolf Hitler, like Barack Obama, ruled by dictate."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/06/limbaugh-adolf-hitler-lik_n_253412.html

Rush Limbaugh survives because of his sponsors. This is why I never, ever support his sponsors, which have included Auto Zone, Oreck, 21st Century, and Sleep Number.

Rush Limbaugh survives because of his sponsors. This is why I never, ever support his sponsors, which have included Auto Zone, Oreck, 21st Century, and Sleep Number.

Limbaugh survives because a lot of people listen to his show.His sponsors looked at those #s and decided to advertise.

So while you and many others dislike Limbaugh--your non-support of his sponsors is more symbolic and personal has nothing

to do with his survival.

http://www.huffingto...k_n_253412.html

Monday Night Football is targeted for an inclusive audience and doesn't want to alienate any part of it with politics. The job of their mouthpiece is to avoid non-football controversy.

Limbaugh has made his reputation offending more than half of America, while earning passionate devotion and credulous belief from his "peeps"

His job is to be outrageous and offensive. He probably noted the fuss over Williams and governed himself accordingly.

Okay. A Media Matters link. This definitely seems like a political thread to me.

But maybe it's just me.

Lol see this thread got moved to the low traffic forum after the hypocrisy got too close to home for the faux right fox loyalists !

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

After listening to Hank's rant again. His analogy wasn't offensive as much as calling Obama the enemy and him, Biden and someone else the three stooges. Sorry Hank but the office of the president is not the enemy to you or me, no matter who occupies the office. Show some respect for the office.

This may be the dumbest post I've ever read.

No, it is just the truth, that's all... wackos just end up embarrassing themselves (or worse) when engaging in this stuff.

The assertion that whoever occupies the WH is never an enemy of the country by virtue of the fact that he's in the WH is absolutely retarded. I'm not alleging the Obama is the enemy, but it's not inconceivable that someone with less than honorable goals could potentially be elected.

The assertion that whoever occupies the WH is never an enemy of the country by virtue of the fact that he's in the WH is absolutely retarded. I'm not alleging the Obama is the enemy, but it's not inconceivable that someone with less than honorable goals could potentially be elected.

Ahh, NOW I see why you said that... I can agree on that point if we had someone who was to be impeached for terrible crimes or something like that. In that case it could be possible.

Ahh, NOW I see why you said that... I can agree on that point if we had someone who was to be impeached for terrible crimes or something like that. In that case it could be possible.

I wouldn't even take it that far. My concern is that we seem to give anyone whose made it to a mainstream platform the unconditional benefit of the doubt when it comes to intent. I'm not saying either is the case but what if GWB was all about using the office to further oil interests with blatant disregard for the general welfare of the country? Or what if Obama sees the U.S. status as lone superpower as a threat to global balance and thinks we need to be knocked down a notch and put in our place?

Again, I'm not alleging that either of these is the case, but to automatically dismiss out of hand the possibility that one of our politicians could have his own agenda that's not consistent with the best interest of the country is foolish.

Hank Williams Jr. wrote a new song about Fox News and ESPN....

Are you ready for some vengeance, vapid lyricism and strained rhyming patterns?

Hank Williams Jr. is releasing a new song entitled "I'll Keep My ...," in which he calls out ESPN and Fox News after his remarks about President Barack Obama and Adolf Hitler on "Fox and Friends" led to his dismissal from the "Monday Night Football" theme song after 23 years.

The country music singer wrote the song on Friday and is scheduled to release it late Monday or early Tuesday. In its third verse, he takes issue with how Fox took his words out of context: "So Fox 'n Friends wanna put me down/Ask for my opinion/Twist it all around."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Hank-Williams-Jr-wrote-a-new-song-about-Fox-New?urn=nfl-wp9130

Hank Williams Jr. wrote a new song about Fox News and ESPN....

Are you ready for some vengeance, vapid lyricism and strained rhyming patterns?

Hank Williams Jr. is releasing a new song entitled "I'll Keep My ...," in which he calls out ESPN and Fox News after his remarks about President Barack Obama and Adolf Hitler on "Fox and Friends" led to his dismissal from the "Monday Night Football" theme song after 23 years.

The country music singer wrote the song on Friday and is scheduled to release it late Monday or early Tuesday. In its third verse, he takes issue with how Fox took his words out of context: "So Fox 'n Friends wanna put me down/Ask for my opinion/Twist it all around."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Hank-Williams-Jr-wrote-a-new-song-about-Fox-New?urn=nfl-wp9130

Free to download on his website

• 5 weeks later...

What galls me is when libs act indignant when someone questions Obama's motives.

Excuse me......BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA was the one who said he wanted to "fundamentally change America."

Those are HIS WORDS...and to say that they cannot be questioned or approached with concern is.....absolutely retarded.

Edited by RkFast

What Williams did was as dumb as what The Dixie Chicks did and got the same overreaction :wallbash:

What the Dixie Chicks did was alienate their own fan base and got what comes with that. What Williams did was taken completely out of context. I personally don't care if he lost his job or not, but I don't see it as the same. But to each him own :thumbsup: