I hate all this pink gear

Scrappy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real men don't wear pink stuff unless it's a upstate NY biker bar, am I the only one?

They're supporting breast cancer awareness month. I guess this insidious disease has never affected any of your family or friends. Consider yourself lucky. But, hey, if wearing pink threatens YOUR "masculinity" then by all means, let's do away with this blatant display of femininity. Jesus H, you could do with some sensitivity training. Seriously.

They're supporting breast cancer awareness month. I guess this insidious disease has never affected any of your family or friends. Consider yourself lucky. But, hey, if wearing pink threatens YOUR "masculinity" then by all means, let's do away with this blatant display of femininity. Jesus H, you could do with some sensitivity training. Seriously.

SK was founded where in the city I live in, so I think it's great. Does that mean that the NFL players should be wearing pink gear for a month, that is another story. I'm all for a good cause & think it's great recognize it, just not that one on the field for a month.

I'm personally partial for the make a wish foundation / march of dimes myself. MAWF works with the NFL now & I think it says so much more about making sick kids dreams come true. Children don't get breast cancer normally & didn't have much of a life to cut short, like adults with Breast Cancer. I'd rather focus on Make a wish with the kids having the focus of importance, you'd be suprised how important the kids are sometimes (they're everything).

Edited by Scrappy

I guess I am in the minority here...I don't see why it bothers people so much...good cause...jboyst, what makes you think the money raised by the Komnen grant goes to the wrong places? In my previous job, I processed tons of applications for Komen grants...I think a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about...I will leave it that...why does everyone have an issue with anything anyone does that it is not important to them?

For football reasons, I think that the refs in todays Bills/Bengals game mistook Nate Clements pink glove for part of the football that Steve Johnson caught, on that controversial play in the fourth..from the first replay that CBS showed, it looked like Johnson let it slip out, but, if you really looked (which the refs didn't, obviously) it was actually Clements glove, as he was trying to swipe it from Johnson...

I guess I am in the minority here...I don't see why it bothers people so much...good cause...jboyst, what makes you think the money raised by the Komnen grant goes to the wrong places? In my previous job, I processed tons of applications for Komen grants...I think a lot of you have no idea what you are talking about...I will leave it that...why does everyone have an issue with anything anyone does that it is not important to them?

I'll go a little further and say that anyone who is bothered by the color of the trim on players' gloves and shoes is a moron. That goes double for anyone who starts a thread to whine about it or thinks the Susan Komen Foundation isn't a worthy cause.

For football reasons, I think that the refs in todays Bills/Bengals game mistook Nate Clements pink glove for part of the football that Steve Johnson caught, on that controversial play in the fourth..from the first replay that CBS showed, it looked like Johnson let it slip out, but, if you really looked (which the refs didn't, obviously) it was actually Clements glove, as he was trying to swipe it from Johnson...

Interesting theory; I'll need to see a better replay.

Real men don't wear pink stuff unless it's a upstate NY biker bar, am I the only one?

First off great thing to do!!!!!! but pink and football is a bad combo! Whats next if the quarterback is being sacked and looks like he was pulling the ball down but fumbles it really isn't a fumble ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when did football become flag football! Next you are gonna say a catch isn't really a catch!

I didn't say it bothers me. I'm just wondering why that donation number is so low for an organization like the NFL doing this over 4 games. There's local cancer-patient-with-crap-insurance fundraisers that can raise $100,000 in a couple of days. Something as big as the NFL can only garner 10 times as much with 32 teams over 4 weeks?

I'll go a little further and say that anyone who is bothered by the color of the trim on players' gloves and shoes is a moron.

It hurts my eyes. That's about it. Bothers me? Yes...so does lemon juice on a paper cut. I don't go out of my way to B word about either.

That goes double for anyone who starts a thread to whine about it or thinks the Susan Komen Foundation isn't a worthy cause.

Depends...what does the Komen foundation actually do with the money? What's their administrative cut of the donations? What do they fund with the rest? Just because a charity supports a worthy cause, doesn't make them a worthy charity.

They are highly rated, but their efficiency isn't that great:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4509

A little less than $.81 of every dollar goes towards their programs, while $.12 goes to "administrative" expenses and $.07 goes to fundraising costs. By comparison, the regional food bank I volunteered at last month has $.93 of every dollar going towards their programs.

that's why i volunteer my time and food to the local foodbanks...they can't take administrative costs out of cans of creamed corn or me stocking hte shelves...and thats why i don't give to the work united way campaign...i think 12.5% in administrative costs is too high...i will donate directly to the charity of my choice...be it through time, food, or money...

They are highly rated, but their efficiency isn't that great:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4509

A little less than $.81 of every dollar goes towards their programs, while $.12 goes to "administrative" expenses and $.07 goes to fundraising costs. By comparison, the regional food bank I volunteered at last month has $.93 of every dollar going towards their programs.

Why is this the cause that is being pushed byt the NFL ?

Don't get me wrong i'm all for protecting boobies and that... but...

I am pretty sure that more men die of prostate cancer than females do of breast cancer. The NFL is made up 100% of male players, and the majority of viewers are male. Would'nt it make more sense to push prostate cancer awareness???

or is that not as trendy ?

Why is this the cause that is being pushed byt the NFL ?

Don't get me wrong i'm all for protecting boobies and that... but...

I am pretty sure that more men die of prostate cancer than females do of breast cancer. The NFL is made up 100% of male players, and the majority of viewers are male. Would'nt it make more sense to push prostate cancer awareness???

or is that not as trendy ?

All players wear latex gloves. Brilliant!

I know this is politically incorrect, but is the NFL's pink breast cancer awareness campaign out of control?

Let me preface this by saying I, like many of you, have had people close to me affected by the disease. Let me also preface it by saying I know what tremendous good the foundation behind the campaign has done for breast cancer.

But I've also had people close to me affected by other types of cancer.

Way too much pink. Pink gloves. Pink socks. Pink hats. Pink websites. Pink coins. Pink in the stands. Even pink shoes. Do they really have to be so in your face? All. Month. Long.

I'd rather the NFL just donate a larger chunk of profits to the cause.