Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

Man, his passes were off today. I thought he might have got over that hump. Even on his good days though there is some really bad passes. I'm afraid our times up and soon a lot of those passes will be costly interceptions.

That is what you are going to get with Fitz as your QB. That is the way he looked all last season, and for parts of this year. Fitz is a streaky quarterback who usually (not always) makes the right decision, just often if way off on the accuracy.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that any of the game plans have been good? I mean think about it, we haven't played anything close yet to a solid 4 quarters of good football all the way around. Our D's gotten kicked all over the field in the last three games and if it hadn't been for Brady having had a bad hair day that would have been a disaster.

Cincy, with a rookie QB? Really?

Oakland's two no-name WR lit us up like a Christmas tree.

I think this team still has a lot of work to do and isn't much better than last year's despite the record at present.

Oh Bullsh@t! your as bad as the damn commentators when you say crap like Brady had a bad day thats why we won!!! They won that game because they played good and took the ball away and took advantage of the turnovers!One loss and its Doom and Gloom and Fitz isnt accurate! Just quit with the bandwagon Bullsh@t!!

Man, his passes were off today. I thought he might have got over that hump. Even on his good days though there is some really bad passes. I'm afraid our times up and soon a lot of those passes will be costly interceptions.

our time isn't up but his accuracy has gone down each week, makes me wonder if he quit doing his offseason strength training. If he did like many pros do because they don't want to overtrain in season, it is a huge mistake because you don't stop doing the things that make you successful.

His game was off yesterday but I am not yet concerned. He played three very good games. I think we should have come out with a balanced attack running FJax more than we did. By going pass heavy in the first half, it put a lot of pressure on the Oline and Fitz. As our OL is not very good (first three games were not stellar defenses and Fitz/Gailey were masking deficiencies), this plan failed. The fact that we were up at half time was a good thing.

Every player is going to have some less than stellar games. Hope this was Fitz's bad game and not a trend. We will see how it goes but I am not yet concerned. If anything it shows that we (still) need a couple of OLinemen, a WR and a good CB.

Fitz is as good as his line and apparently his gameplan. I fault Chan more than Fitz for the results today.

As others have pointed out it's hard to tell how much was Fitz decision and how much was the game plan

Assuming that early, they do as most teams and try to script, the script sucked - run on almost every first down, and too many failed tries at deep balls when the short stuff over the middle and off to the left was getting us 5-6 yds a pop with fair success.

To read what some are saying one would think Fitz just stunk up the place, threw wild passes and INTs all day long.

He threw no INTs and his numbers in the end weren't horrid - 20 completions for nearly 200 yds.

Just one more sub-par performance in a team full of them.

Edited by Hopeful

our time isn't up but his accuracy has gone down each week, makes me wonder if he quit doing his offseason strength training. If he did like many pros do because they don't want to overtrain in season, it is a huge mistake because you don't stop doing the things that make you successful.

Pardon me, Barbarian, the statistics don't appear to bear you out.

Week 1 17 completions, 68%, 208 yds, 0 INT

Week 2 28 completions, 61%, 264 yds, 1 INT

Week 3 27 completions, 68%, 369 yds, 2 INT

Week 4 20 completions, 59%, 199 yds, 0 INT

I did see a couple wild "WTF?" balls in KC and Oak and some balls that arguably should have been INTs. I did not see any of those against NE or yesterday.

One of the two picks in week 3 was a "give away" thrown on 4th and long.

What is the measure by which his accuracy has gone down each week?

What I saw us getting away from yesterday was patience - the dink and dunk stuff that gets you 5-6 yds a pop, in favor of too much focus on long balls that weren't caught (either because the receiver was jammed or they were overthrown).

If he has gotten away from strength and core training I agree with you, that is a mistake.

WOW. Really? Are we serious? One dud of a game and this is what our board of educated football fans has come to?

Think about the drop passes that were thrown on the money today. IT WAS OVER WHEN Cincinnati with a good defense at each level decided not to blitz a high % of the time. Mike Zimmer is a very good D Coordinator. It is no lost honor that we could not over come his game planning for us.

Ease up on Fitz. Today was not the Bills day. however, they still should have won if not for a blown ref call on Stevie J's 3rd down and 1 catch.

Bills will be fine and will be 4 - 1 by this time next Monday.

Laughing at the comments. Just a few days ago almost everyone here was anointing him the Bills Franchise QB and demanding he be resigned for huge bucks, and razzing the few of us on another thread that said he had a weak arm and had a lot of inaccurate and risky passes. We said wait till later in the season to evaluate his actual worth. Now everyone is saying exactly we were slammed for.

Laughing at the comments. Just a few days ago almost everyone here was anointing him the Bills Franchise QB and demanding he be resigned for huge bucks, and razzing the few of us on another thread that said he had a weak arm and had a lot of inaccurate and risky passes. We said wait till later in the season to evaluate his actual worth. Now everyone is saying exactly we were slammed for.

You are evaluating him based on ONE road game against a top 5 defense of a team that we only lost to by 3?

If this is your proof, then you had better not choose science or criminal justice as a career field because your methodology sucks.

Edited by BmoreBills

Pardon me, Barbarian, the statistics don't appear to bear you out.

Week 1 17 completions, 68%, 208 yds, 0 INT

Week 2 28 completions, 61%, 264 yds, 1 INT

Week 3 27 completions, 68%, 369 yds, 2 INT

Week 4 20 completions, 59%, 199 yds, 0 INT

I did see a couple wild "WTF?" balls in KC and Oak and some balls that arguably should have been INTs. I did not see any of those against NE or yesterday.

One of the two picks in week 3 was a "give away" thrown on 4th and long.

What is the measure by which his accuracy has gone down each week?

What I saw us getting away from yesterday was patience - the dink and dunk stuff that gets you 5-6 yds a pop, in favor of too much focus on long balls that weren't caught (either because the receiver was jammed or they were overthrown).

If he has gotten away from strength and core training I agree with you, that is a mistake.

Let's not forget that Fitz bears the burden for WR's who seem to drop the first 3 passes thrown to them.

Let's not forget that Fitz bears the burden for WR's who seem to drop the first 3 passes thrown to them.

But why is the team going deep whe we beat everyone in short to mid pass plays?

Thats how we have beaten teams, let our athletic WRs make plays

He is definitely not a franchise QB. The suggestion is absurd. He did not play three very good games. He played three very good half games. He has started slow in all four games (and never got it in gear yesterday). D was not good, but they were on the field way more than they should have been because Fitz could not sustain possessions. He is a great guy, and a very good backup QB.

This is the most insightful post of the year. Fitz is highly inaccurate at times, but it wouldn't look as bad if the Bills' WRs caught ANYTHING for the first two quarters. It's absolutely ridiculous how many passes are dropped in the first half.