Fitz's Inaccuracy A Problem Going Forward?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Fitz elite? Hell no. But he is definitely top 15 on his worst day. If the Jets had Fitz, they would be leading the conference. The team needs to build up a legit defense and Fitz can definitely win some games.

That said, if a guy like Barkley or RG3 fell into the Bills' lap, I don't know how you can pass on them.

I posted the post below in a different section where there was some Fitz bashing. I felt the need to post it here as well:

If Fitz ends up living up to his contract, most of the people on this board better be ready to eat a lot of crow. Fitz is currently projected to make the pro bowl and is beating the guy in 4th by quite a bit. Fitz is currenty 5th in the league in completion percentage with 65.7%. Granted, we have a short passing game which helps a bit but it's not like he's grossly inaccurate by any stretch. Lots of Bills fans=bipolarly stupid. I'd like to look at a lot of your posts when we were 5-2 hahaha.

Want to add this as well:

I also would like to say that I agree with one post on here on how Fitz has not stepped into some of his throws. I think on some of his deep balls this has been an issue. However, I have theorized that this is becoming common place in the NFL to preserve the health of a starting quarterback. I have seen both Peyton and Eli Manning do the same thing when there is a hit coming. I would not be surprised if this way of thrwoing is something that is now practiced by quarterbacks. Stepping into a throw when a 300 pounder is about to nail you at full speed will shorten seasons and careers which will hurt teams. Just ask Trent Edwards after he stepped into the pass to James Hardy against Arizona and was absolutely clobbered by Wilson I believe. He was concussed and never was the same. I think it is smart to practice these throws while moving backwards, to severely lessen the impact of some hits. Losing the starting QB is devastating to a team and I would not be surprised if this way of throwing when a QB is expecting impact is being taught and becoming a trend in the NFL.

Edited by BuffaloBlizzard

<br />Is Fitz elite?  Hell no.  But he is definitely top 15 on his worst day.  If the Jets had Fitz, they would be leading the conference.  The team needs to build up a legit defense and Fitz can definitely win some games.<br /><br />That said, if a guy like Barkley or RG3 fell into the Bills' lap, I don't know how you can pass on them.<br />
. LOL!!!!! funniest post of the year nominee!!!! "fitz is a top 15 qb on his WORST day"?????? Wow dude. Just wow. And wow again. Did I say wow?

100% agreed. His accuracy is so much better than last year, and it would be even that much higher if we had a Vincent Jackson, Boldin, etc. opposite SJ. He has made Jones, Chandler and Smith look much better than they really are. I'm sold on Fitz as the general on our team... just imagine the numbers he would post weekly if he had the weapons Brady, Rodgers, Stafford or Eli have.

No doubt man. Funny how having real nfl caliber WR's that were actually drafted sometime before the 7th round or were not signed as undrafted FAs can make a QB look good. Well, that and a line that doesn't require your offensive passing scheme to be designed around getting the ball out in 2secs or less.

Fitz was again erratic and inaccurate. If people don't realize this yet I don't know what to say.

Teams know it too that he can't hit the intermediate to long routes. They stack up with short zones and...BAM...interception! Fitz forces it into coverage. He has been an interception machine in the last 6 weeks.

Going 5 wide and abandoning the run, has played right into this as well.

Our offense is just as the bad as the defense right now.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever