Merriman

Boludo

nope sorry you lose - hopefully merriman makes a few big plays vs cincy tho

Sorry Ms Gish, you lose, If you stop your listed video at 1:42, who is the closest Bill and closest Pat? I will tell you, since you seem to have problems, its Merriman and Light. Straight up one on one. He has the best OL in the league on his heals. If you wanna cry about that its fine, but do it somewhere else where it might be respected like the Albany times.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ms Gish, you lose, If you stop your listed video at 1:42, who is the closest Bill and closest Pat? I will tell you, since you seem to have problems, its Merriman and Light. Straight up one on one. He has the best OL in the league on his heals. If you wanna cry about that its fine, but do it somewhere else where it might be respected like the Albany times.

ruffmuff -

please read the post directly above yours. i'm not surprised you missed it, since you seem terrible at this whole posting thing.

again, please enjoy this picture illustrating how little you know

http://i.imgur.com/5YiNQ.jpg

thanks for posting

Ms Gish you should really stop! YOU ugly and un-informative! Hahhha

Clown..did you see that Merriman had Light and Mankins on his side. Two of the best left side O Line this DECADE ONE on ONE to RUSH your lover Brady. No u didnt because I suspect you were on your knees the whole game.

Guy behind me at the Raider game was bitching about Merriman.

I told him to watch the replay on the scoreboard while he was bitching because he would see that Merriman had a guy draped on his back that he was dragging into the backfield to make a play for a loss. We never discussed the issue the rest of the game. I'm content with Merriman for what he is bringing in so many different areas. Leadreship being one. I can focus on that one play in the Raider game and say this guy is the real deal. Yes I want lights out, but he is contributing and we are 3-0. That matters more than anything to me. Lights out is coming back! And far more importantly, contributing to a winning Bills organization. Good God it's been so long. Go complain about the hot dogs at the stadium before you complain about lights out please.

OK I guess I'm blind then. I'm watching the same game as you and rewatching the same game as you, and on the vast majority of snaps he is ineffective and loses a 1v1 matchup.

Again, I hope this changes tomorrow, and I don't want to get get into a Merriman hating war because I am rooting for him.

It would be nice if he registered a few sacks this year, some tackles for loss, and forty or fifty tackles.

btw do you guys know how many other teams have recorded more sacks so far this year than the Bills have?

literally every single other team has more sacks than us

here's hoping tomorrow turns that around

Personally I feel like you are just talking out of your ass. Nobody ever sacks Brady much, and when teams do, its from pressure up the middle most of the time. News flash: he doesn't hold the ball. And pressure off the edge has never bothered Brady in the least, he just steps up into the pocket and throws it. You know what, I think you don't really understand what you're watching. We've played two run-dominant teams and the Patriots. It shouldn't come as any surprise we haven't registered many sacks. Your expectations simply do not match reality.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I had low expectations for merriman given the injuries and poor play at the end in SD and so far he has exceeded them. He was giving Matt light all he could handle and then some in first half, got at least one pressure on Brady. I'm very impressed a LB played as big as a DE.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You got to understand nobody can suffer those kind of injuries and fully trust the body without playing and a lot of time to elapsing. With each game he will get better and better. The key is that he has shown ability in his pass rush, especially speed. The power is what seems to be lacking, but pushing off while engaged has to be the most mentally/physically difficult part of his recovery. The lack of a bull rush explains the inconsistency. He's essentially been an Aaron Schobel type rusher when he's used to a fuller compliment of moves.

So the bottom line is be patient, and while your doing so understand this guy is a natural leader. Who was the one in the middle of the Bills pre game huddle firing us up, working us into a frenzy like Ray Lewis? Merriman. If you don't believe me about showing some ability watch the two NFL Replays. He's shown absolute dominance on several plays this year if you watch the film. Watch the last hail mary vs Oakland and you will see what I mean. It explodes like he's out of a cannon. With that speed, once the power comes back he can be a 10+ sack guy again. IF he can stay healthy. Which to me is a greater concern then his production.

I am not sure why Kyle Williams and others on the line are not getting criticism, in fact Spencer Johnson and Bryan Scott are the only people on the team with sacks. Seems like a more key defensive stat at this point is TOs, the Bills are plus 2 in that department.

Merriman said this which I agree with: "It's about being a disruption for the offense, not to go out there and put up numbers. Being as disruptive as possible and I think I've done that, so the numbers will come."

Coaches keep close tabs on key match ups, and certainly the LT versus the DE or OLB is one of them. If they think their guy's not cutting it they will try to make adjustments BEFORE a sack or big play happens.

Merriman was definitely pushing Matt Light back and came close to sacking Brady. Im sure Belli took notice and made some changes to the blocking schemes and play calling ... i.e. Merriman got them out of their preferred package.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I read somewhere that the plan against NE was to stay in front of Brady, make him nervous and block his passing lanes. If you rush hard you will likely get pushed behind him which takes you out of the play. The interceptions are partly due to the fact that the defense stayed in front and blocked his view. He mostly completed short passes, which is what he would do if he was blitzed. They also had no run success, which is a side effect of staying in front and not over committing. Not the conventional wisdom and it worked.

Merriman has been very productive for the Bills this year. Just like many of you have already stated, he sets the edge, we played two great running teams and the hard to sack Tom Brady.

We have also played from behind a lot. If we can get a big lead, we should see that sack total rise. Yeah, I realize we had a big lead against KC and Merriman was held without a sack, but you have to admit that line is pretty good.

Merriman was held all day long against NE and got close a couple of times. He's far from unproductive. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Could be why they moved Moats back to OLB this week in practice.

Bringing more heat off the edge will be useful in weeks to come.

Against Brady* and the Pats*, not so much. Teams are better off not rushing and doubling up on their coverages.

So far, IMHO Merriman's been a better OLB in three games than Pos was an ILB in four years, and people here were lovin' Paul.

The only stats I'm focused on are the Ws.

The Killer Bs and NoName D didn't care much for personal stats either.

Things worked out pretty well for them, I'd say.

Go Bills!