Prediction: Tebow

Its been rumored that Tebow will be gone in Denver next year(Draftek) and I believe We will be his landing spot. The situation will be similar to Montana/Young where Fitz starts for 5 or 6 more years and Tebow will be groomed to be a great QB behind him, we can only hope that we get 4 superbowl wins from them. An indirect endorsement of Tebow came from Fitz's Harvard coach in that he said Fitz was just like Tim Tebow but a better passer. With Tebows willingness to learn and work ethic, Gailly will turn him into a all pro QB as well and will be Fitz 2.0.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might be a good backup if we don't get anything in the draft, but I wouldn't spend too much for him. I like Tebow, but there is a lot to prove yet.

The only negative, we already have a veteran version of him in Brad Smith, would they want a less proven duplicate?

Edited by CSBill

Its been rumored that Tebow will be gone in Denver next year(Draftek) and I believe We will be his landing spot. The situation will be similar to Montana/Young where Fitz starts for 5 or 6 more years and Tebow will be groomed to be a great QB behind him, we can only hope that we get 4 superbowl wins from them. An indirect endorsement of Tebow came from Fitz's Harvard coach in that he said Fitz was just like Tim Tebow but a better passer. With Tebows willingness to learn and work ethic, Gailly will turn him into a all pro QB as well and will be Fitz 2.0.

"but a better passer" is not an insignificant difference. George Soros is just like me, but a little richer.

On the other hand I watched the Denver-Dallas preseason game and Babe Laufenberg, the Dallas color commentator and former NFL QB, said that he watched Tebow extensively in practice the week leading up to the game and that he was the least accurate QB that he has ever seen at the NFL level. He said that this included starters, backups and third stringers. In one drill, he watched him throw to receivers with no one covering them and he was "bouncing passes to them." That doesn't exactly sound like the description of a guy that will be the next Steve Young.

Edited by vincec

Why would we care?

Tebow is mostly unproven, a warm weather QB, not currently available, and we're likely not seriously interested.

We always seem to let players go for 4th round picks BUT whenever we decide we want someone it's always for a high 2nd, or better, pick??

I see Tebow and I remember Trent & RJ!

As George Allen said, THE Future is NOW, and I'm enjoying the NOW!

I really hope the Bills stay away from Tebow. His abilities do not seem fit the NFL. Why would the BIlls want a guy that is having a hard time even staying on the Denver team? Every other day there is a rumor of him being traded, cut, bumped down to third string. I know he played his heart out in college, and he has the Christian thing going, but all that doesn't mean squat if he can't play in the NFL.

These Tebow threads are getting riduculous...by virtually everyone who followed the Broncos in camp, Tebow was soundly outplayed by a UFA QB out of college(Minnesota?) and made the team by virtue of being a recent first round pick they had invested a lot of money in...all things being equal, he would have gotten cut.

Tebow is not a good QB prospect in the NFL, he looked horrible in playing time in the preseason and is well on his way to being out of the NFL in a few years

Interesting prediction. Tebow spent time here prior to the draft, dined with Jim Kelly at the Chophouse, and we've all read the rumors that Buddy wanted to draft him in a later round (2 or 3), if Denver hadn't made the big reach.

I think it depends on how the Broncos season goes (i.e., whether someone like Barkley/Jones/Luck falls to them in the draft) before they figure out what to do about Tebow - but if the Bills are drafting where I think they will be (#32), Tebow might be a better option for the Bills than drafting a young QB in 2012.

JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

When Denver drafted Tebow, it was one of the worst 1st round picks of all time. The best thing Tebow can do is change positions to TE & hope for the best. Just another example of how over his head Josh McDaniels was and how insane the higher ups were to listen to him.

When a team jettisons a highly drafted QB on his 1st contract, and gets virtually nothing in return, it's usually a very bad sign. The Broncos have used a 2010 1st round pick & will get a 2012 5th rounder at best-in other words, if he's let go, Denver considers him a bust at QB & it's a fire sale. Tebow is quickly becoming the Aaron Maybin of QBs.

Let's get real here before people start throwing out names of other traded QBs: Favre was a second round pick traded for a 1st round pick 1 year later, Young was a special USFL draft pick traded for a 2nd & a 4th round pick, hardly the fire sale you'll see on Tebow.

Brown was released from the Bills' practice squad 3 weeks ago.

That still doesn't make Tebow the better QB just because Levi is home & he isn't. It's much easier to send a 7th round pick home than a 1st a year later. It's only a matter of time before Tebow switches to TE or joins Levi in fron of the TV on Sundays.

That still doesn't make Tebow the better QB just because Levi is home & he isn't. It's much easier to send a 7th round pick home than a 1st a year later. It's only a matter of time before Tebow switches to TE or joins Levi in fron of the TV on Sundays.

It must be, since the Bills keep doing it.

post-2970-082968800 1317479532_thumb.jpg

These Tebow threads are getting riduculous...by virtually everyone who followed the Broncos in camp, Tebow was soundly outplayed by a UFA QB out of college(Minnesota?) and made the team by virtue of being a recent first round pick they had invested a lot of money in...all things being equal, he would have gotten cut.

Tebow is not a good QB prospect in the NFL, he looked horrible in playing time in the preseason and is well on his way to being out of the NFL in a few years

Not pointing directly at you matter. But... isn't that what many said about Fitz? I wish there was a way to bring up the Fitz is no good posts and he will never be a winner posts in the past two years. Just saying.