There’s no place like Buffalo in NFL

LGB

Golisano's orders to Quinn and Darcy Regier were the team has to break even. In the NFL with television contracts and revenue sharing that is much easier to do. If Golisano were to get the team hopefully he keeps it just long enough for a billionaire fan to step in buy it from him.

But he still left Larry Quinn in charge. Anyone remember the parade of players out of town starting with Drury? Remember all the schitt deals in free agency? Yeah, I want that for the Bills.

PTR

Man, after reading this, it makes me want to move back. I hail from Lakeview originally, and talk

about a "small town within a big city", Lakeview is a small towm within a small town, within a big city.

But I loved every bit of my youth living there, yes, including the snow! Go Go Go Bills!

Edited by Cookiemonster

That's one of the greatest articles I've ever read. I love that now that the Bills are winning they don't just write articles about football- they write articles about all of us, and how much the team means to us, and how odd it is that we mean so much to the team. I love WNY and I love being a Bills fan. It's something that nobody else could ever understand.

But he still left Larry Quinn in charge. Anyone remember the parade of players out of town starting with Drury? Remember all the schitt deals in free agency? Yeah, I want that for the Bills.

PTR

Kelly mentions he has a group of investors - maybe Golisano would be in that group (less than 50% participation or agree to let a football person run it would be okay).

i loved the article, and like others, posted it on my facebook page. i left buffalo after spending my first 56 years of my life there. i miss everything about it every day. i am content here in a suburb of philly, but buffalo is who i am, it defines me and i get overly defensive when i hear it put down, and probably too high when i get something to grasp on to , that is positive. i would like to commend that author of the article for capturing the essence of what the bills mean to the town and it's people.

Edited by dwight in philly

Growing up in the 716 and now being gone 26-years, it's often hard to make outsiders understand the bond between between Buff and their teams, esp the Bills. I've lived in Cali, Az., Alaska and Utah...and & people always know me (& the Ex-Buffalonians I ultimately wind up finding) as "Those Bills Fans"...usually with a hint of pity. But win or lose we always cheer and always hope. This article may be the best piece I've ever read by a national writer explaining the nuances of that relationship. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Go Bills (& Sabres)

This article pretty much sums up the reason I am moving back to the 716 after living in the Raleigh-Durham NC area for the past 2 years. There are many things I miss from back home, but going to the Bills games is number one.

I am still able to get a small Sabres fix becuase I am only minutes from the RBC Center where I get to see the Sabres play twice a year. The Canes fans call Buffalo fans obnoxious, I call it passion.

I drove 12 hours last week to attend the Raiders game and it was worth every minute. I just wish I would of also stayed for the Patriots game.

Edited by madball

The irony, of course, is that everything in that article was true back in August, when everyone was dumping on the team, its front office, its players, and its fans, and speculating about how soon the team would move to LA.

Amazing what winning a couple of games will do.,

Win or loose, there are many reasons why there’s no place like Buffalo in the NFL and even if in a 16 game season the Bills falter somewhat down the road to the playoffs, there is always next year.

Go Bills!

This article pretty much sums up the reason I am moving back to the 716 after living in the Raleigh-Durham NC area for the past 2 years. There are many things I miss from back home, but going to the Bills games is number one.

I am still able to get a small Sabres fix becuase I am only minutes from the RBC Center where I get to see the Sabres play twice a year. The Canes fans call Buffalo fans obnoxious, I call it passion.

I drove 12 hours last week to attend the Raiders game and it was worth every minute. I just wish I would of also stayed for the Patriots game.

Great first post!