espn ranks top 10 rookies this year so far

Pete

I am surprised Dareus didn't make the list. And I know there were many Von Miller haters here- it states far and away Miller is having best year of the rookies

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/NEXTEDIT11/nfl-daniel-thomas-emerged-miami-dolphins-featured-back

I don't recall that there were a lot of Von Miller haters here, were there? Not surprised he's having such a great year, especially with Dumervil on the other side and DJ Williams in that LB corps.

One thing that stood out to me was Phil Taylor. The Browns' draft day trade with the Falcons is looking like genius; they get a basket of high picks, plus traded down to grab Taylor, who's apparently a beast. Talk about win-win.

I don't recall that there were a lot of Von Miller haters here, were there? Not surprised he's having such a great year, especially with Dumervil on the other side and DJ Williams in that LB corps.

One thing that stood out to me was Phil Taylor. The Browns' draft day trade with the Falcons is looking like genius; they get a basket of high picks, plus traded down to grab Taylor, who's apparently a beast. Talk about win-win.

a large contingent of football brainiacs repeatedly compared Miller to Maybin. Many lobbied for Blaine Gabbert. For ***** and giggles go read some draft threads :lol:

I am surprised Dareus didn't make the list. And I know there were many Von Miller haters here- it states far and away Miller is having best year of the rookies

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/NEXTEDIT11/nfl-daniel-thomas-emerged-miami-dolphins-featured-back

This is almost a "Fantasy" list as it seems to be driven by Stats. Sure Dareus has no sacks, but the impact he has made by being part of that DL is immeasurable.

Now we need some pass rush.

Dareus is a space eater. He won't get alot of tackles, he won't get many sacks. His job is to push the guy in front of him into the backfield. Solid but never spectacular. What he does will never show up in the box score

Dareus is mentioned at the bottom as other standouts...but if he had even one sack I bet he would move up. You cant expect these guys to watch every play of every game of every week just to do a list like this, so stats will heavily factor in. Marcells impact isnt showing on the stat sheet and isnt noticed unless you are looking for him on each play of each game. Thats the only reason he isnt on the list.

Doesnt help either that our D has given up over 30 points 2 consecutive weeks. However, as Bills fans, we know how much of an impact he has made, and we may not win the NE game without his deflection leading to that pick 6. The kid is a beast, and we dont need a list to confirm it.

Well ... I frankly have been ignoring anything from ESPN since they are wrong more often than right. Of course, I don't mind all the positive vibes the Bills are getting from them now but I know it's just their thing of the moment.

When the season is over, I expect that Dareus (along with the rest of our D) will have some stat numbers and other highlights that put him into consideration for the Rookie of the Year.

I still am glad we took Dareus over Miller!

Undoubtedly Dareus isn't showing up on these kinds of lists because of the lack of stats. But he's sure made a huge impact. He tipped that ball for the Drayton INT... our run defense has been terrific. Dareus and Williams are winning battles in the trenches.

I agree. We'd be 1-2 with Miller on the team instead of Dareus.

I was a Miller detractor, but it was only because he couldnt stop the run. So far, I havent heard much about Miller that I didnt expect: great pass rusher, fast, etc.

The Bills would be 1-2 if we had drafted Miller over Dareus.

As others have stated, Dareus isnt on that list due to the position he plays, but he is one of the key reasons we are 3-0. Probably more so than anyone else on the Defense.