Pats-Raiders Match-Up This Week

Hsp08

I look for the Raiders to do exactly what they did to the Jets, and win this game.

What Fitz did to the Raiders defense, I am afraid of what Brady will do, but now with a chip on his shoulder with the loss to the Bills. Raiders offense is excellent but can it keep up? This is sounding quite similar to Bills-Pats match-up last weekend.

I look for the Raiders to do exactly what they did to the Jets, and win this game.

I sense this as well. Raiders are playing like a team that is pissed off and wants to prove a point. They are getting 4 points in their own stadium.

I just don't know if Campbell can keep up with Brady. McFadden will run all over the Pats but if the Pats get ahead and the Raiders are forced to play catch up, that could be bad news for them.

Raiders are a tough, physical team and they look like they are playing with a chip on their shoulder since that Bills loss. They're going to give the Pats a good game.

What Fitz did to the Raiders defense, I am afraid of what Brady will do, but now with a chip on his shoulder with the loss to the Bills. Raiders offense is excellent but can it keep up? This is sounding quite similar to Bills-Pats match-up last weekend.

The one thing the Jets and Ryan did was to show everyone how to beat the Pats--build a more physical team, and then beat them up.

The Raiders will do their usual run it down their throats on O, which will keep Brady off the field more. We'll see if their D can get after Brady? Let's just say I won't be surprised by a Raider win.

Edited by TPS

I think it's ridiculous that some experts are giving an edge to the Pats* b/c they'll be 'playing angry' after last week. If anything - the Pats* should be doubting themselves more than ever, and Oakland should be supremely confident after physically beating down the Jests, motivated more than ever to show that THEY are for real, AND still pissed off about the loss to the Bills. The timing couldn't be better here - I'm glad we got the Raiders early. If Oakland can physically beat the Pats* it could have a real impact on the psyche of NE going forward.

If Baltimore (at home) can man-handle the Jets this week, especially after their showing last week, it could also do some real damage to the confidence/swagger of the Jets.

This could be an unbelievably pivotal weekend in the division. If we can take care of business - nothing would be better than to not only have Pats*/Jests both 2-2, but also having both of them getting beat up and questioning themselves as well

I think it's ridiculous that some experts are giving an edge to the Pats* b/c they'll be 'playing angry' after last week. If anything - the Pats* should be doubting themselves more than ever, and Oakland should be supremely confident after physically beating down the Jests, motivated more than ever to show that THEY are for real, AND still pissed off about the loss to the Bills. The timing couldn't be better here - I'm glad we got the Raiders early. If Oakland can physically beat the Pats* it could have a real impact on the psyche of NE going forward.

If Baltimore (at home) can man-handle the Jets this week, especially after their showing last week, it could also do some real damage to the confidence/swagger of the Jets.

This could be an unbelievably pivotal weekend in the division. If we can take care of business - nothing would be better than to not only have Pats*/Jests both 2-2, but also having both of them getting beat up and questioning themselves as well

Agreed on all points. I will add that even if the Pats are "playing angry," I don't think that plays well to their strengths. The Pats go as Brady goes. If Brady has a weakness, it's that getting angry when things aren't going his way frustrates him and throws him off his game. I hope Brady is still seething at the start of the game this week, and that Oakland quickly makes him even angrier. I still expect the Pats to be a tough out for Oakland, but this is definitely a winnable game for them. I expect Baltimore to take care of business against the Jets as well. there's a very real possibility the Bills could have a 2 game lead on the rest of the division at the end of this week. Who'da thunk it?

As much as I think we'd all love to see the Raiders get another win; let's think about this realistically. When was the last time the Pats* lost 2 in a row? 2006. (Granted, that was also the last year in which Brady threw 4 picks in a game as well.) But, in all probability the Pats* come out re-focused and dissect the Raiders for an easy win.

I think they'll destroy the Raiders exactly because of this. The Pats will roll big time.

That's the way I see it too. They have a strong history of NOT losing 2 in a row. I also think they're the best road/traveling team. Everyone else seems to suffer from cross-country treks. Pats* win these games.

I'm also not sold on the Ravens. In 3 games they blow up opponents or get blown up. Which week is it this week? Blown up week. The Jests will be pizzed, for sure. Do they have the horses to get over last week?

We'll know a lot more Sunday evening.