Peter King has Pats ranked higher than Bills

Matty Shu

Pats 3, Bills 7. Means nothing I know but, C'mon. Also has Lions ranked higher than us and I question the strength of the Lions opponents compred to Bills. Lions have beat two 0-3 teams.

For the past month the Peter King bashing went away because he was one of the only media types to give the Bills any hope/credit. Now because the Pats are higher than us, it starts again? Who really cares what he says? Does it affect the Bills on the field? Are the playoff teams determined based on Peter King's rankings?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bledsoe was a very good player for the Patriots, to be sure. But even in Buffalo, the staff tired of him taking such strong control of the offense -- and other things. The Bills let Bledsoe walk after some big losses in his third year with the team, 2004. None bigger than the last one, a loss to Pittsburgh on a windy day in Buffalo.

Winds were whipping up pretty strong that day, and before he walked out to midfield for the flip, Bledsoe was advised by coaches to choose to defend the east goal if Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to receive. (Though the official play-by-play listed the wind as coming from the south that day, Buffalo coaches felt it was an easterly wind.) That way, the Steelers wouldn't be wind-aided when they took the ball. Pittsburgh won the toss. Pittsburgh elected to receive. Bledsoe said Buffalo would defend the west goal. West?

Bledsoe explained that when he got to midfield, it seemed to him the wind was whipping around differently than the way the coaches thought, and so he picked the opposite goal to defend. Bledsoe had a seesaw 16-of-30 day and Pittsburgh won 29-24. Bledsoe never played again for Buffalo.

Bledsoe is very smart, but on a few occasions, thinking differently than his coaches hurt his employment career. And it affected the balance of power for years in the AFC East."

Never liked Drew Bledsoe, never feared him as an opposing QB and I always thought he was a big baby. I always believed his ego got in the way of him being a better QB. A legend in his own mind.

Waste of a 1st round pick and he even got a parade. :doh:

Pats 3, Bills 7. Means nothing I know but, C'mon. Also has Lions ranked higher than us and I question the strength of the Lions opponents compred to Bills. Lions have beat two 0-3 teams.

I think it's great. Let everyone continue to underestimate us. I hope the Eagles are sitting there in Phi-town going "ya, Brady threw that one away, Bills can't be that good"

For the past month the Peter King bashing went away because he was one of the only media types to give the Bills any hope/credit. Now because the Pats are higher than us, it starts again? Who really cares what he says? Does it affect the Bills on the field? Are the playoff teams determined based on Peter King's rankings?

This has got to be killing you. It is becoming hard for you to find ways to bash the franchise. Ralph is cheap. :thumbsup:

Yesterday, I sat in a local sports bar (50 miles north of Albany) with a group of expatriated Buffalo folk who all wanted the Bills to win, but deep down knew it wasn't going to be... Then Fitzmagic happened for the second time in two weeks.. I really don't care where they place this team in polls or power rankings, as long as they keep winning, my entire week is better than it would be if they lost.. Thank you Buffalo Bills!!!

geeez people. I'm not bitching about the power rankings just commenting. Personally I think we should be ranked higher thats all. Why are some going on the offensive?

Look, I'm new to the boards and I'm not up on all the "rules." If power ranking talk is not acceptable or taboo to talk about here I'll refrain. I thought it would be a good discussion topic. Sorry for causing a stir.

This has got to be killing you. It is becoming hard for you to find ways to bash the franchise. Ralph is cheap. :thumbsup:

Where in my post did I bash the team or Ralph in any way? Are you mentally challenged or what? My only point was that people make such a big deal out of what media types say, when all that matters is what is done on the field. I don't give a crap if Peter Kings says we are ranked 30th, we are 3-0 and in first place, and that is all that matters. Why don't you read a freakin post before you comment on it moron. Is it becoming hard for you to bash other posters, that you start imagining things, and reading things that aren't even there. There is nothing about the Bills winning that would be killing me, as I am sure I am more of a Bills fan than your idiot ass will ever be.

geeez people. I'm not bitching about the power rankings just commenting. Personally I think we should be ranked higher thats all. Why are some going on the offensive?

Look, I'm new to the boards and I'm not up on all the "rules." If power ranking talk is not acceptable or taboo to talk about here I'll refrain. I thought it would be a good discussion topic. Sorry for causing a stir.

It's not that power rankings talk is taboo, it's just that it's mostly opinion of that particular outlet (be it ESPN, Peter King and SI, or NFL.com). They really mean nothing, except for the opinion of those writers is that this is how the teams should be ranked. I'm rather new at posting here, but I have seen over some time that these rankings really do need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Honestly, your opinion is yours, but I do not believe that the Bills should be ranked higher yet. I want to see a win against a good team, where we don't have to come from behind. The come from behind wins are great moral boosts, but a flat out win (something along the lines of KC...) would be great to see too. You can only be submissive in the first half so many times before it really bites you...and that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

It's not that power rankings talk is taboo, it's just that it's mostly opinion of that particular outlet (be it ESPN, Peter King and SI, or NFL.com). They really mean nothing, except for the opinion of those writers is that this is how the teams should be ranked. I'm rather new at posting here, but I have seen over some time that these rankings really do need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Honestly, your opinion is yours, but I do not believe that the Bills should be ranked higher yet. I want to see a win against a good team, where we don't have to come from behind. The come from behind wins are great moral boosts, but a flat out win (something along the lines of KC...) would be great to see too. You can only be submissive in the first half so many times before it really bites you...and that is my opinion. :thumbsup:

great post, also look at it as an analyst would the Pats O gave up 4 TO (one for a pic 7 all turning into 24 points) and the bills still needed a 2 minute drive to win it. In their minds if Brady plays like Brady the game isnt close, wether thats TRUE OR NOT is not important it is how they are seeing it am sure

Buffalo was better on Sunday not better in general; yet. I wouldn't put the Titans ahead of the Ravens either just because they beat them once. We're getting our due and it feels good. Besides; Power Rankings are the most useless thing in all of sports. First in the AFC; not just the East; sounds good to me.

The Bills will continue to be ranked lower until they string a few more wins together. Remember the Bills started the season 0-8 last year and have been irrelevant for decade - it is going to take some time to erase this history.

1) TD INT off Dareus' head 2) End Zone pass interference followed by huge TD off a should have been Fitz INT drive-killer that was such a bad pass no one had a shot at it 3) Fred called down at 1 yd line keeping brady from scoring on a last drive. 4) Ocho drops a sure score.

You can't make this stuff up. Great win, but come on, Pats were better from the line of scrimmage , it was a turnover, fluke actofGod win. We'll take it all day, but be careful how big your head gets. This is exactly what happened in 2008, and we all know how that turned out.

1) TD INT off Dareus' head 2) End Zone pass interference followed by huge TD off a should have been Fitz INT drive-killer that was such a bad pass no one had a shot at it 3) Fred called down at 1 yd line keeping brady from scoring on a last drive. 4) Ocho drops a sure score.

You can't make this stuff up. Great win, but come on, Pats were better from the line of scrimmage , it was a turnover, fluke actofGod win. We'll take it all day, but be careful how big your head gets. This is exactly what happened in 2008, and we all know how that turned out.

Sooo... the Pats* have never won a game with a few lucky breaks? Against the Bills or anyone else?

But when they do it, it means they are great. When the Bills do it, it is only further proof of how bad the Bills are. All that "good teams make their own breaks" or "luck is the residue of design" stuff only does not count when it refers to the team of which you are (nominally) a fan?

The self-hatred of some fans is truly astonishing.

yeah, I think that's fair . . . no argument from me

1. King likely holds the idea that 'if they play 10 times, New England probably wins 6-7 of them', so he feels even with the loss the Pats are the better team. It's his column, his opinions, so whatever ranking he has....whatever.

2. More importantly, I opened the sports section of my paper this morning, and for some reason it had the Bills ranked higher in the AFC East at 3-0 than the Patriots at 2-1. THAT'S the only ranking that concerns me.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the board and never apologize for your opinion, your opinion is just as important as anybody else's on this board. Power rankings have always been a hot topic on here and always will be. With the Power Rankings, no one shares the same opinion so it sparks a lot of debate. The good thing is, the Bills are relevant again. Its better than last year when we were arguing that Buffalo shouldn't be 32nd.

as they should be....-i love this team of course---but i think 7 is a bit high.we've played 3 games and could have been 1-2.

10 would be fair.

Matty, you could write the most thought-out, intelligent piece & I guarantee you someone on this board will disagree & bash you. Don't take it personal...no one knows who you really are. Your opinion is valued & welcome to the board! I look forward to reading more of your posts. Please hang around.

Where in my post did I bash the team or Ralph in any way? Are you mentally challenged or what? My only point was that people make such a big deal out of what media types say, when all that matters is what is done on the field. I don't give a crap if Peter Kings says we are ranked 30th, we are 3-0 and in first place, and that is all that matters. Why don't you read a freakin post before you comment on it moron. Is it becoming hard for you to bash other posters, that you start imagining things, and reading things that aren't even there. There is nothing about the Bills winning that would be killing me, as I am sure I am more of a Bills fan than your idiot ass will ever be.

lol! u mad bro?