Not nearly enough praise for this group

bobobonators

3 Games: 1 sack.

This stat to me, considering recent years, is mind-numbingly unreal. And it's not as if we've played teams w/o a pass rush: KC has one of the best DL in Tamba Hali; did anyone see what the raiders did today to the Jets o-line?..they DOMINATED them; and the pats, though they don't necessarily have a great pass rush, in years past, they would always dominate the LOS against us. Though a big portion of our success in this aspect of the game is undoubtedly due to our Saviour, Ryan FitzJesuspatrick, making quick decisions and not patting the ball for 12 seconds like recent Bills QB's have done, we really need to give some serious props to this group of no-names and castaways. This O-line is looking really, really, good thus far!

That's all on Gailey's design and Fitz's execution. Our O is built so the OLine doesn't have to sustain blocks as long. Not taking anything away from our OLine, they've been way better than most of us expected. Especially considering how much we've thrown. Just saying that Gailey has eliminated much of the concern.

GO BILLS!!!

They have 2 sacks, Brad Smith has a 'sack'.

This group has been downright fantastic though. It's amazing given the way they looked in pre-season and I give a lot of credit to their coaches and Chan for ensuring they are in a position to succeed and not expected to go into areas they won't.

They have 2 sacks, Brad Smith has a 'sack'.

This group has been downright fantastic though. It's amazing given the way they looked in pre-season and I give a lot of credit to their coaches and Chan for ensuring they are in a position to succeed and not expected to go into areas they won't.

Where are you seeing that stat?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011092502/2011/REG3/patriots@bills#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

or is it from a previous week?

Raiders http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011091801/2011/REG2/raiders@bills#menu=highlights&tab=analyze

Edited by timba

That's all on Gailey's design and Fitz's execution. Our O is built so the OLine doesn't have to sustain blocks as long. Not taking anything away from our OLine, they've been way better than most of us expected. Especially considering how much we've thrown. Just saying that Gailey has eliminated much of the concern.

GO BILLS!!!

Excellent point.

A few points:

1) I've been really surprised by how mobile they look in the ground attack. I didn't expect them to be able to pull and lead as well as they have been. Maybe they're not really mobile enough to get a good screen game going, but they've been a pleasant surprise.

2) I haven't been all that impressed with the protection. Not because it's sucked, but because the problem areas on the OLine have not been asked to do all that much. Hali is the only real good edge rusher we've faced, the other team's strengths have been in their interior, matching up with our strength. The Bills have also been giving them a ton of help by constantly keeping RB's, TE's, FB's, and H-backs in to help with protection, and wisely so, imo.

3) Chan has been calling outstanding games, keeping defenses off-balance and Fitz's decision making has probably been the quickest and most accurate of his career. The OLine rarely has to protect for more than 3-3.5 seconds before the ball is coming out to a frequently open receiver.

4) I don't know how long we can keep putting up this kind of offense against teams while we keep so many skill players in the backfield, and I don;t know how long it's going to be until opposing Dcoordinators get a better read on Chan and make it tougher on the Bills. They've been solid so far, but don't kid yourself that a time is not coming when our OTackles are overmatched and we can't find open targets downfield because we've got 2 TE's and a Back in trying to keep Fitz upright.

The offensive line deserves more credit then any other area of the team because they were the area of biggest concern then are holding up their end.....

Fitz and the offensive scheme play a big part in all of this but they still have to open the running lanes and Fitz still throws deep on occasion.

I was great that Rhinehart and Urbik are interchangable and the same level of player because we had to test that depth......I think we are going to see that should we have something happen at RT......we have a rookie OT that also can step in and perform. I am glad we have not had to test it though.

like I said during the game.....I actually think we are set on offense....we have the QB (and backup), the offensive line, the running backs, the tight end, and the receivers......what we should do is go strong again in drafting players on the defensive side......we still need secondary and linebackers

It's not a sack it was a qb option that lost yards

Some people on this board said we had a good line and also tHought 2 of our 5 top players were olineman.

Also they thought we would be three and o and continually mentioned j. Byrd as our second best defender, but I'm not going to toot their horn

The offensive line deserves more credit then any other area of the team because they were the area of biggest concern then are holding up their end.....

Fitz and the offensive scheme play a big part in all of this but they still have to open the running lanes and Fitz still throws deep on occasion.

I was great that Rhinehart and Urbik are interchangable and the same level of player because we had to test that depth......I think we are going to see that should we have something happen at RT......we have a rookie OT that also can step in and perform. I am glad we have not had to test it though.

like I said during the game.....I actually think we are set on offense....we have the QB (and backup), the offensive line, the running backs, the tight end, and the receivers......what we should do is go strong again in drafting players on the defensive side......we still need secondary and linebackers

I was having tuis conversation today with another on this board. If the team continues to look impressive (by no means am I saying well be undefeated) and win games doing so we have a real shot at just drafting rhe best player available in the upcoming draft. Most of the team looks really good. Most of the offense looks set for a long time to come as most of our OLmen, WRs, TEs are all very young. Defense just recieved a shot of adrenaline this year with Dareus, Barnett, Williams, Searcy, Rogers, And recently Batten, Moats. I do think they could go LB or DB early and often and I'm perfectly alright with that. I don't believe McGee will be back after this season and they will continue to draft more LBs like Shephard to replace guys like Kelsey, Morrison, Davis, and dare I say Merriman.

Either way, it's looking like were in a good position come draft day. Even if some of these guys start to drop off it's clear they CAN get it done when things are going well.