We Will Make the Playoffs if We Beat the Pats

This is a monumental game. I think the Bills make the playoffs if we win. This is based on two arguments:

1. Lessons Learned.

The Chiefs game taught the Bills to close the door on a weaker opponent.

The Raiders game taught the Bills perseverance.

A win against the Pats would teach the Bills they can play with the Big Boys.

2. NFL Arithmetic.

If the Bills beat the Pats, we will only need to go 7-6 the rest of the season to earn a wildcard berth.

This team is talented enough to finish 7-6.

You have some pretty decent insight here. Especially in regard being able to win against the current owners of the afc east. Do it once and you KNOW you can do it again. Its been so long, hardly any one paying attention could believe it is possible yet.

that will be the next important step for the BB. I do think we can beat the Jets at least once this season if we are able to stay healthy. Maybe twice.

If we are going to beat the Pats this year i think we will have better chances next meeting. But as the mentioned with the Ancient Motocross dirt bike racing mantra. "On any Sunday" you just never know for sure.

Go billsers

Edited by 3rdand12

Having attended past Bills/Pats games (Pats 15 - Bills 0 -latest streak),there would be nothing better than a Sam Adams type play for Dareus (tip/interception/TD) against the Pats to get things going.

To the OP, the AFC East is tough and that means that the Bills most likely need to edge out the Jets, Pats and NE for a chance...thinking at least 10 wins?

This is a monumental game. I think the Bills make the playoffs if we win. This is based on two arguments:

1. Lessons Learned.

2. NFL Arithmetic.

If the Bills beat the Pats, we will only need to go 7-6 the rest of the season to earn a wildcard berth.

Was 2008 so long ago that you have forgotten what happened after a 5-1 start? :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/schedule?team=BUF&season=2008&seasonType=REG

1. Lessons Learned.

2. NFL Arithmetic.

Whoa Boy! One step at a time?

1. Lessons Learned.

2. NFL Arithmetic.

I like your optimism hondo, but as I said in the other thread, 10-6 will NOT get you in. The Bills will have to be 11-5.

Does anyone think the Jets and Ravens will be hovering around 9-7?

...No.

the pats* always have a close game the first time we play them. its the second one of the season that the blow out occurs. though i think it would be a huge confidence boost for this young team. i love that they are already playing with a huge chip on their shoulder. i love it even more that everyone is counting them out.