Van Miller to the "Wall of Fame"

jkrules

I enjoyed watching Phil Hansen inducted into the Bills Wall of Fame. I suggest, and maybe it has been suggested before, the Bills should induct Van Miller into the Bills Wall of Fame. Van was the voice of the Bills for so many years and was so devoted to this team. I can not think of a more deserving recipient.

What do the rest of the members of this board think of this suggestion?

I enjoyed watching Phil Hansen inducted into the Bills Wall of Fame. I suggest, and maybe it has been suggested before, the Bills should induct Van Miller into the Bills Wall of Fame. Van was the voice of the Bills for so many years and was so devoted to this team. I can not think of a more deserving recipient.

What do the rest of the members of this board think of this suggestion?

It would be well deserved.

NO - save it for the players. Come up with someting else for media (Felser too) and administrators (Pat MacGroder sp). Perhaps a public access room in the administration building or something in the field house. The stadium is for those who faced the elements - the 12th man and the players, not those who sat in warmth/comfort of the pressbox - put the plaques in there.

It'd be a nice gesture, but Lou Saban and Cookie Gilchrist belong up there before they even think about Van Miller. JMO.

(Besides, there's already a luxury seat club named for Van.)

I agree .. Gilchrest in the current era would have been a superstar. saber was a great coach.

Van lives down here in Florida in The Villages, I heard that he had some health issues. He is 'Wall Worthy" in my opinion.

2 years ago was the last time I saw Van Miller. He made an appearance before a joint meeting of the Monday Morning Quarterback Club and the Bills Boosters in the club bearing his name. He was a shell of the Van Miller I had known in the late 80's, early 90's. Very frail and needed much help walking and his voice that we all loved so much was weak and hesitant. I believe that most in attendance that evening realized that this was most likely one of Van's last visits to RWS. I am not aware that Van Miller ever returned again to RWS but it's possible.

I hope Van enjoys many happy and peaceful years in The Villages. Nice community BTW. Have been there quite a few times. Oh, and for those wondering about Van Miller going up on the Wall of Fame, I think, knowing Van Miller that he would say, leave it for the guys doing the sweating. He had a soft heart for the guys on the field and loved the game of football. Besides he has one of the Clubs named after him which in itself is quite an honor. I had heard that it was Mr. Wilson that suggested one of the Clubs be named for Van Miller but never really asked around to confirm this. Maybe someday.

On a sidenote....who else thinks John Murphy sucks calling the games. He isn't detailed enough for a radio caller, and his calls sound so forced. A very fake excitement and almost forced enthusiasm on the big plays. Not saying he doesn't try, but his calls, IMO, leave a lot to be desired.

On a sidenote....who else thinks John Murphy sucks calling the games. He isn't detailed enough for a radio caller, and his calls sound so forced. A very fake excitement and almost forced enthusiasm on the big plays. Not saying he doesn't try, but his calls, IMO, leave a lot to be desired.

I'm not picking on you, but would/could you do better than John Murphy? How would you feel if he said that you suck at your job?