Van Miller to the "Wall of Fame"

jkrules

On a sidenote....who else thinks John Murphy sucks calling the games. He isn't detailed enough for a radio caller, and his calls sound so forced. A very fake excitement and almost forced enthusiasm on the big plays. Not saying he doesn't try, but his calls, IMO, leave a lot to be desired.

Gotta disagree.

Murph, IMO, feigns nothing. He's also, IMO, one of the most if not THE most knowledgeable local on-air guys when it comes to coverage of the team, and it's a pleasure listening to his play-by-play.

(Also one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.)

I don't see why he can't do the miami game once a year.

Because they play Miami twice, that's why.

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone but I simply cannot imagine the length of that Ralph introduction/ Van acceptance speech combo. We had better clinch home field for the playoffs because it might take that long.

There is no one associated with the Bills organization who I have more love for than Van Miller. His voice reminds me of my childhood. He was the absolute best and John Murphy was the BEST color man. He's OK as the play-by-play guy but he'll never be Van. Van was from a different era that is long gone- Vin Scully, Dick Enberg, a few guys still around that capture it. BTW, I believe after the Bills beat the Oilers- and I could be wrong- but the exact call was, "It's pandomonium, it's FANDOMONIUM, It's fantastic..." Anyone?

Yes he should be on the Wall and he will be after he passes. If I had to start from scratch and put only ten people on the wall, he would DEFINITELY be one of them.

BTW, I believe after the Bills beat the Oilers- and I could be wrong- but the exact call was, "It's pandomonium, it's FANDOMONIUM, It's fantastic..." Anyone?

Yep those were Van's words with the "It's fantastic" coming out softer like he was emotionally drained, which we all were BTW.

On another note I was really happy to hear that Van Miller was in the press box for this past game against NE and even made a call.