Who steps up as the 4th Receiver in the spread?

CSBill

Who will replace Parrish  

97 members have voted

1. 1. With Rosco done, who will most likely get the chance to make the biggest contribution as the slot receiver in the 4-5 wide set?

• CJ Spiller - used more as a receiver.
    • Brad Smith - more reps as a receiver,
    • Roosevelt Naaman - just replaces Rosco
    • Ruvell Martin - Goes to a Revival this week and suddenly has his hands healed
    • Other ???? (explain your answer)

With Rosco done, who will most likely get the chance to make the biggest contribution as the slot receiver in the 4-5 wide set? I think it will be Smith, and he also adds the unpredictability aspect as he can at anytime move into the backfield to run the Wildcat or to throw a pass.

Edited by CSBill

A combination of spiller, naaman, smith and Fred. Hopefully Aiken too, if we wake up and cut Martin.

This is what I think, too, although Naaman will probably get the most snaps in the 4th spot.

I also think that Nelson will go to/stay in the #4 spot in the 4 and 5 wide spreads, and the Naaman/Spiller/Smith/Fred will go to the #3 Roscoe spot. Nelson is too valuable in that role to change it. He usually plays a little closer to the line than Roscoe did, sometimes coming in motion or even coming into the backfield like a H back.

Thanks for the link Fluff, I wonder who told them that or if it is just speculation, I would guess they would want to keep it a secret at least during this week.

I like Naaman a lot as the 4th (and I felt last year that Fitz did too), I am happy to see him on the roster again. As far as I am concerned, Martin could be waived but I am sure he will get a fair shot first.

I also like Chandler there.

I forgot Ahmad Rashad was a RB to begin with interesting fact. Don't really see it as the long term plan with CJ but I like it for a sometime thing.

With Rosco done, who will most likely get the chance to make the biggest contribution as the slot receiver in the 4-5 wide set? I think it will be Smith, and he also adds the unpredictability aspect as he can at anytime move into the backfield to run the Wildcat or to throw a pass.

Woopie Goldberg.......on a side note I once stold a lawn ornament from her house when I was drunk.

Naaman made tough catches for us last year and this preseason and has great hands, honestly don't know why he didn't make final cuts. Feel bad for Roscoe as he has been a dynamic player for us but I think his days are numbered here and if management gives him a new contract they are making a big mistake with his injury history.

Woopie Goldberg.......on a side note I once stold a lawn ornament from her house when I was drunk.

What?

nice link fluff hope this turn out to be true.

CBBill--who are you naming as the 1-3 WR's? If you have it Stevie, Nelson, Jones, then I might answer differently.

yeah, that is what I assume they will be

who is roosevelt naaman?

whoops! "Naaman Roosevelt" and Roscoe with an "e" :rolleyes:

"An editor is a terrible thing to waste."