Dad, the Bills just...

Cookiemonster

man, this is eerie, feeling totally frustrated and having a serious case of oh no, here we go again,

I retreated to my son's bakyard with my other son to pitch some horeshoes at halftime. The horseshoe game

was hottly contested, and tied at 15-15, when my older son comes out and states that the Bills just scored a td.

Now, I knew that I might have missed the kickoff for the second half, and maybe a couple of plays, but being the

masochist that I am, I definitley wanted to at least see if we could get a spark somewhere. When my older son, comes

out to walk his dog, and casually mentions that the Bills scored a TD. I stopped the horeshoes imeediatley, and

told my son we would pick it up later, came in to the house, and what unfolded next was unBillievable, I couldn't

belive what I was seeing, reminded me very much of the Houston comeback playoff game, the pace, the feeling, just everything,the fans going wild, etc....

and this was exactly the same way the Houston game unfolded for me too, going outside to blow some steam off, only to be

sucked back in at the mention of a Bills TD, and then holy moly they just keep coming back. This one ranks pretty close to the Houston game for me. I couldn't watch the last TD, my younger son had to watch for me, he could sense the stress and offered. When he said TD, I picked him up off of the floor almost over my head, and starting prancing around uncontrollably

with him in my arms, and he is 6'2" and weighs 235 pounds, he felt like a feather. Later we resumed our game of horseshoes,

I didn't score another point and was handily defeated, I couldn't even see a peg I was so pumped. We might struggle against

the Pats next week, but this game will do more for a young identity seeking team, then anything I can think of. Good job Bills!

man, this is eerie, feeling totally frustrated and having a serious case of oh no, here we go again,

I retreated to my son's bakyard with my other son to pitch some horeshoes at halftime. The horseshoe game

was hottly contested, and tied at 15-15, when my older son comes out and states that the Bills just scored a td.

Now, I knew that I might have missed the kickoff for the second half, and maybe a couple of plays, but being the

masochist that I am, I definitley wanted to at least see if we could get a spark somewhere. When my older son, comes

out to walk his dog, and casually mentions that the Bills scored a TD. I stopped the horeshoes imeediatley, and

told my son we would pick it up later, came in to the house, and what unfolded next was unBillievable, I couldn't

belive what I was seeing, reminded me very much of the Houston comeback playoff game, the pace, the feeling, just everything,the fans going wild, etc....

and this was exactly the same way the Houston game unfolded for me too, going outside to blow some steam off, only to be

sucked back in at the mention of a Bills TD, and then holy moly they just keep coming back. This one ranks pretty close to the Houston game for me. I couldn't watch the last TD, my younger son had to watch for me, he could sense the stress and offered. When he said TD, I picked him up off of the floor almost over my head, and starting prancing around uncontrollably

with him in my arms, and he is 6'2" and weighs 235 pounds, he felt like a feather. Later we resumed our game of horseshoes,

I didn't score another point and was handily defeated, I couldn't even see a peg I was so pumped. We might struggle against

the Pats next week, but this game will do more for a young identity seeking team, then anything I can think of. Good job Bills!

Sounds like a great day with your sons! I spent the day with my pops, and he couldnt watch the last Oakland posession either. He had to go outside to get some fresh air. :unsure: These nailbiter endings have gotta be tough on some of our older comrades.

My Son and I went outside at half time to repair a tire on my daughter's car. I didn't think we were outside that long when my son's girl friend opens the door and says touchdown real uninterested like. I thought oh great Oakland scored again. Then a few minutes later she yells out they scored again. Finally I put down the tire patch kit and walk back inside to see the replay of the Bills second TD. I had to finish the tire job because my daughter was heading home so I missed most of the 3rd quarter.

But I got a nice surprise when I heard the announcer say "We'd like to welcome those of you watching the Jets..." I immediately turn off the pixilated stream I was watching and turned on the local CBS and watched the 4th quarter in HD bliss! :thumbsup:

That was the most nervous I have been watching a game in years. I spent a good chuck of the second half outside because I couldn't watch. I thought they actually caught that last hail mary. I almost fainted.

I was there. Thought they caught it and was just speechless. Then the replay was crystal clear that Searcy got it. That kid can jump. I'd like to see more of him in coverage.

My 8 year old was at his first Bills game. He literally had some tears in his eyes when the Raiders went up 21-3. At halftime he did his best to convince me to just leave. I told him we drove a long way to be at the game and we're going to stick it out and hope for the best. On that last Bills TD I yelled so much I thought I was goin to pass out for a second.

My 8 year old was at his first Bills game. He literally had some tears in his eyes when the Raiders went up 21-3. At halftime he did his best to convince me to just leave. I told him we drove a long way to be at the game and we're going to stick it out and hope for the best. On that last Bills TD I yelled so much I thought I was goin to pass out for a second.

Valuable life lesson. Good on you!

I watched the game with my 6 year old son. I almost went through the roof when we scored at the end. My son said "dad, I haven't heard you yell like that since Canada won the gold in hockey". He is right. I was jumping around the room like a fool. I hope to do that more often.

I watched the game with my 6 year old son. I almost went through the roof when we scored at the end. My son said "dad, I haven't heard you yell like that since Canada won the gold in hockey". He is right. I was jumping around the room like a fool. I hope to do that more often.

The wify had an adult party yesterday afternoon, so I was with my two year old. I scared the crap out of him when we scored the winning TD.. He started crying so I picked him up and danced around the room.. He got over it fast enough. :)

Tim-

Yells of anguish and disappointment, right?

After the game, I told my eight-year-old son -- who weighs 100 pounds and whom I picked up and helicoptered around the room after each of the last three touchdowns and the win, much to the delight of the makers of Advil -- that "this is how it used to be."

"Dad, this is better than that!"

I started to disagree with him, and then my wife said, "He's right, because now you have him to share it with."

I have tears in my eyes just typing that. My son has been a die-hard since he was four and last year I was actually almost apologizing to him for making him a Bills fan. Now, I can honestly say.... I'm glad he is.

After the game, I told my eight-year-old son -- who weighs 100 pounds and whom I picked up and helicoptered around the room after each of the last three touchdowns and the win, much to the delight of the makers of Advil -- that "this is how it used to be."

"Dad, this is better than that!"

I started to disagree with him, and then my wife said, "He's right, because now you have him to share it with."

I have tears in my eyes just typing that. My son has been a die-hard since he was four and last year I was actually almost apologizing to him for making him a Bills fan. Now, I can honestly say.... I'm glad he is.

When you can share the passion with the next generation..... That is beautiful. Thumbs up to the Mrs. for realizing the moment.

I think I got my 5 year old hooked yesterday. At the start of the last Oakland possession he's all fired up like only 5 year olds can get and he stands up on his chair in the TV room turns around to everyone in the room and goes "EVERYBODY!! DE-FENSE! <clap> <clap> DE-FENSE!! <clap> <clap>" It was the coolest thing he has done to date.

For the record the previous #1 was him spontaneously starting up with "BOOOOOO-SHAAAAAYYYY" during the hockey playoffs.

Also, in response to the other poster who mentioned this was better because he has his kids to shar eit with I have to agree. I enjoyed the Houston game with my Dad. Yesterday I had my Dad and my son. It was so much better.

That was one of the greatest games I'd ever seen. I was at the cincy game last year too and as great a win that was and how many fans hated my brother and I that day :) This one was better.

A better team and we came back multiple times, not just once and rested. It was beautiful. After Freddy's 43 yard TD I knew we had it. The Raiders did too, watching their body language and hearing the whole crowd, high fiving everyone in sight. Nelson and Fitz dancing to the crowd, it was just a great team win. I felt like that after the Detroit game last year and Sweet Caroline came on, just a great day

My Dad called me right after we Scored the last TD. We both said the same thing "Do you believe?!". Then we both said "It's not over yet". Then I said what I always say in that situation (the same thing I said when he called just after the Bills scored the TD before Homerun Lateral) - "They still have to cover the kick!"