I say we go after TO.

WNY

I honestly think it is a good idea. We need a shot in the arm. We need a physical reciever. If we don't do anything we might not win another game. We've looked like a jv team the last two weeks and some change could be good. I know everyone is going to rip me apart, but something needs to be done. I think fitz is the only qb he's ever praised. !@#$ it let's go for it.

Isn't he in jail or dead or something?

PTR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think it is a good idea. We need a shot in the arm. We need a physical reciever. If we don't do anything we might not win another game. We've looked like a jv team the last two weeks and some change could be good. I know everyone is going to rip me apart, but something needs to be done. I think fitz is the only qb he's ever praised. !@#$ it let's go for it.

He cried for romo.

How long do you think it takes for the playbook to be learned? Anyone that signs him is for next year, unless he has history with the OC (and knows the playbook by proxy). He doesn't here. I don't think he's on good terms with any past OCs that I know of- no ones signing him until next year, and that's if hes lucky.

How hard can it be for him to learn to go long and look for the ball? I'm all for bringing TO in. In fact, I support it 100%. Nobody says he has to play every play. But when he does come in he will command attention from the D and take some of the heat off of Steve Johnson. And he can go long and make tough catches (sometimes).

Just for grins, look up in the Buffalo Bills record book for the longest TD pass and see who the QB and receiver were.

We got a chance to make a run at the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. We should go for it all out 100%. We've got a lot of guys coming up for FA this year and who knows what next year will bring. Go for it now! Do whatever it takes.

Is Donald Jones or Ruvell Martin really going to become the guy if they just get more game reps?

Sign TO.

How hard can it be for him to learn to go long and look for the ball? I'm all for bringing TO in. In fact, I support it 100%. Nobody says he has to play every play. But when he does come in he will command attention from the D and take some of the heat off of Steve Johnson. And he can go long and make tough catches (sometimes).

Just for grins, look up in the Buffalo Bills record book for the longest TD pass and see who the QB and receiver were.

We got a chance to make a run at the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. We should go for it all out 100%. We've got a lot of guys coming up for FA this year and who knows what next year will bring. Go for it now! Do whatever it takes.

Is Donald Jones or Ruvell Martin really going to become the guy if they just get more game reps?

Sign TO.

Forget more than one route or even blocking schemes! Or even that the current gm and coach already declined to offer a contract when he was here and healthy. Forget that he quit on how many routes while he was here last time. Good plan.

I don't think he fits the mold, or they might've offered him a deal when buddy and chan took over

What mold is that? One that is slow can't catch the ball in his hands and not intimidating at all. I say get TO now. Nix always says he is always trying to improve the team and I am sorry but Owens is better then all our recievers except for Johnson and maybe Nelson. But Nelson is in a different league because most of the routes he runs are meant for a TE. I think Johnson, Owens, Nelson (slot) along with Chandler is pretty damn good.

There's no harm in trying. I mean, what's the risk? That he sucks as much as Donald Jones? Somehow I doubt that would happen, though. The guy is a physical freak, a first-ballot Hall of Famer, and someone who just last year produced 983 yards and 9 TDs. It would be irresponsible not to give it a shot.

TO is 300% better than Donald Jones. I watched the guy play live for the Bills every home game, and I have never seen a better route runner or someone who gets so much separation from defenders. remember he and Fitzmagic had a spark together.

And we scored 18 points the last two games in 5 wide, how many did our opponents score?

It may be just me, but I don't recall seeing much 5 wide since the Cincy game. In the Philly game we went from spread it out/be aggressive/throw it downfield/use the pass to set up the run, to ball control pound the rock and short passes.

What mold is that? One that is slow can't catch the ball in his hands and not intimidating at all. I say get TO now. Nix always says he is always trying to improve the team and I am sorry but Owens is better then all our recievers except for Johnson and maybe Nelson. But Nelson is in a different league because most of the routes he runs are meant for a TE. I think Johnson, Owens, Nelson (slot) along with Chandler is pretty damn good.

this sounds good but who knows if TO can still run deep with his injury.

I still would bring him in just to see what he can do. Heck Plex Burriss went from jail to the Jets so nothing is impossible.

Sorry guys, couldn't agree less ... This is about building something and while a playoff appearance would be nice, I wouldn't sacrifice youth and playing time to secure a first-round exit. This team needs to experience and grow together.

This isn't madden football, you play to win now...You would rather try and develop undrafted donald jones and journeyman ruvell martin over bringing in a proven WR to help the offense and make the playoffs? C'mon

It's funny how some people have selective memory regarding TOs entire career and his tenure in Buffalo. On a team like the Bills, we don't need a guy who complains about getting enough throws his way, takes plays off, and drops a lot of passes at key moments. I'm sure he'd love to come here and run decoy routes and take a back seat to Stevie and Freddie....

But he never had press conferences outlining why buffalo sucks or fitz is gay!

Edited by NoSaint

We should take a shot at Tiki Barber too, he could be had really cheap, AND chan will work wonders with him... oops I think he only works wonders with QBs... ohh well, since we're bringing up the corpses of past NFL greats, why not see if Jerry Rice still thinks he can go...

This thread had to be a joke...

We should take a shot at Tiki Barber too, he could be had really cheap, AND chan will work wonders with him... oops I think he only works wonders with QBs... ohh well, since we're bringing up the corpses of past NFL greats, why not see if Jerry Rice still thinks he can go...

This thread had to be a joke...

I know youre being somewhat sarcastic but we don't need Tiki Barber because we have Jackson We need T.O. so it can add a spark in the passing game/put more coverage/attention on him. Think of him as a decoy

Edited by Bills!Win!

There's nothing wrong with Donald Jones. He's coming along just fine folks. That said, signing TO for $300K to finish the year isn't a bad idea, IMO. At worst he could show the new guys what it takes to be HOF material.. His work ethic is unmatched, and he's matured a lot over the last few years. I think he would be a good fit in Buffalo 2.0.. :)

tim-